View RSS Feed

scribblerking

UnderFED and Hungry: Dolph Ziggler

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
In the great abyss of data, information and sheer EVERYTHING that is the World Wide Web nothing stirs the cauldron of controversy and debate like some simple blogger offering an opinion. See…even reading this you suddenly have an opinion concerning my opinion about opinions! Does it ever end? All kidding aside what is a blog for anyway but to offer comments, opinions and share information? Agree or disagree—such is your privilege—but here I remain a mere blogger offering a mere opinion about no mere mortal known by the professional wrestling name as DOLPH ZIGGLER.

Five years ago if Ihad been tasked to name my favorite bleach blond professional wrestler I would have probably said a pre-1996 Sting or maybe even Ric Flair…but Mr. Nick “Spirit Squad” Nemeth would not have made my list...until recently. Honestly,was that whole male cheerleader gimmick (even without the blond hair) any more than a blip on the radar of professional wrestling? Thankfully, as with so many extinct experiments the WWE has tried to feed us, the villainous faction with lots of “pep” eventually went the way of the dodo bird. It had to die you see to give birth to…the “Frat Pack?” No, no…to none other than…”the Natural!” Ok…ok…Nick had to regroup a little—who doesn’t from time to time—to get to the right mix of natural charisma and bona fide ring presence mixed with a heavy dose of “this is me kicked up a notch as I am a showoff in real life.”

I dare you to watch any of his matches over the last year and convince yourself he is not the real deal just waiting to explode…he is a selling machine when it comes to his work ethic and it not only makes him look good it makes his opponents (even Khali) come off even better! So…why? Why has he been held back and perpetually stuck, it seems, with Vicky Guerrero, when it has become abundantly clear by now he does not need a manager, mouth piece or tag team partner—sorry Swagger—and can certainly get better looking females (see Maria in 1999) to adorn his arm? While admittedly these observations are nothing new to the IWC it remains stagnantly frustrating to see such talent languish at mid-card purgatory.

In a blatant attempt to appeal to the “YouTube” crowd and the IWC in general (and bring in new streams of revenue) the WWE has offered up the “WWE FanNation” channel on YouTube and Dolph’s weekly series “WWE Download”is by far the cream of the crop. Watch all of them right now if you have not done so already and I will expect your gratitude will be generous if you are a fan of professionals who can deliver and simply ooze humor, personality and intelligence. Indeed, the shows are not very long and centers on an “America’s Funniest Home Videos” type look at posted online video clips but good old Saget or Bergeron wishes they were as good. In fact, I only watch Zack Ryder’s popular WWE series “Z True Long Island Story” to catch Dolph’s frequent “hacked” appearances and truthfully Ryder is only ever interesting when he is involvedwith Ziggler…arguably he has become, in the minds of many, the true worthy heir to any supposed “Internet Championship.”

So…back to the questions of why? I can only speculate but Dolph has certainly paid his dues vying for and wearing both the Intercontinental and United States Championships—even a small “what the” blimp with the World Heavyweight Championship. Sure, he has had some bumps finding his footing (what was that aborted attempt at “improving” yourself by getting rid of the bleach blond hair anyway?) even deserving a 30-day suspension in late 2008 for a WWE Wellness Policy violation, but all-in-all he has proven his superstar status is legit time and time again and deserves a genuine push to the top where he can truly shine. Listen to the man talk and deliver promos—when he is actually given the time and opportunity—and see if you think he is ready? The answer is YES, YES, YES he is!

His more recently attempts to attain top WWE gold around his waist—against CM Punk especially—demonstrated better than anyone else he is ready, willing and able to be a top heel even along the caliber of Stone Cold and Randy Orton—the bad guys everyone loves to hate. Did you know he is fluent in American Sign Language? Yeah and I bet that would come in handy to communicate to the top bigwigs of the WWE! Obviously they are deaf and dumb when it comes to watching their own programming on YouTube or otherwise? Maybe…if they did I would like to think they have enough brains to realize DOLPH ZIGGLER is money in the bank just waiting to draw interest…to steal a line from the "#HEEL" himself something needs to happen because “I am so damn sick…of being so damn sick!”

Show…off…later marks!

Submit "UnderFED and Hungry: Dolph Ziggler" to Digg Submit "UnderFED and Hungry: Dolph Ziggler" to del.icio.us Submit "UnderFED and Hungry: Dolph Ziggler" to StumbleUpon Submit "UnderFED and Hungry: Dolph Ziggler" to Google

Comments

It has been clear for a long time that Ziggler is a great worker and deserves a bit more then he is currently getting.

However, I feel like Ziggler is still lacking something, he is meant to be a Heel, but instead of working matches to draw heat, he shows off his athleticism, which ends up getting the crowd on his side.

WWE are holding him back until they can be certain he will strive in a main event role, and I don't think he can really strive until he gets rid of Vickie and Swagger, and shows us what hes really about.
    Let's not forget that his match with Kaval at Survivor Series or his match with Daniel Bryan at Bragging Rights! I do agree with you man, good blog.
    I love a Dolph Ziggler blog. It gives me a reason to bash him...YAY. But with all that aside, I picked three specific lines in your blog...and my comments on them are in BOLD

1. So…why? Why has he been held back and perpetually stuck, it seems, with Vicky Guerrero,

Because he hasn't proven that he can stand on his own two feet. All his heat comes from Vickie. The crowd boos Vickie, and then when his music hits....crickets.

2. but all-in-all he has proven his superstar status is legit time and time again and deserves a genuine push to the top where he can truly shine.

But he still hasn't proven that he can stand on his own two feet. All his heat comes from Vickie. The crowd boos Vickie, and then when his music hits...crickets.

3. Did you know he is fluent in American Sign Language?

Who Gives a S***

While I've done a ton of bashing of Dolph Ziggler, and have grown quite tired of it, and him, I must say, this blog brings up some good points and is well written. However, my bold comments stand true. Whether it's a result of WWE creative screwing it up for him, or him just not being given a chance, whatever the case is...he hasn't broken out the way everyone would have liked.

His hilarious on YouTube shows, so I bet if given the opportunity to be creative in his promos He'll be pretty good.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.