View RSS Feed

ozfan

Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part Five

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone, I'm back with the final part of the TOP 30 FINISHERS IN WWE TODAY. Now I know some of you wanted to see the Diamond Cutter and the Stone Cold Stunner but this is for finishers being performed today on a regular basis. If I ever do another TOP FINISHERS post, then Yes! I will include the Stunner and maybe the Diamond Cutter. For now, I hope you enjoy this final part.

[B]5. Spear[/B]
One of the most effective and painful moves in wrestling and can be performed on nearly anyone. It involves the attacker running at their opponent and shoulder tackling them around the mid-section while bringing their body parallel and driving the opponent back first or neck first onto the mat. Most notably used by Edge, Batista, Goldberg and Bobby Lashley but is now used by Christian, who adopted the finisher from Edge after Edge retired in 2011. It has been performed on superstars like Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, John Cena, Undertaker, Big Show, Batista and Kane and has put them down for a three count at least once or twice each.

[B]4. The Sharpshooter (Standing Three Cross Leglock)[/B]
A move used by wrestlers like Sting, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, his late brother Owen Hart, The Rock and the late Chris Benoit. A move that involves an attacking wrestler standing at the feet of an opponent grab the opponent's feet and lift them up while stepping over between the opponent's legs. The attacking wrestler then crosses the opponent's legs and rolls them over into a modified Cloverleaf while wrenching both feet with one of the attacker's arms. This move was also called The Scorpion Deathlock when used by Sting. Notable superstars like Kurt Angle, Steve Austin and Batista have tapped out to this move and now superstars like Natalya and Tyson Kidd use this move

[B]3. Sweet Chin Music (Super Kick) [/B]
One of if not the most effective move in history. A move that was made famous and is still used now and again by Shawn Michaels. A side step kick into an opponent's face, most times into the opponent's jaw. HBK could deliver it out of nowhere and at anytime. Many men have fallen to the Sweet Chin Music including Triple H, Randy Orton, JBL, Undertaker, Kane, Edge, John Cena, Batista, Chris Jericho, Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Mark Henry, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash and Chris Jericho.

[B]2. Tombstone Piledriver (Belly to Belly Kneeling Piledriver) [/B]
This move is Undertaker's finisher, which he has used since he arrived in WWE. It has also been used by Finlay in his WCW days but that's a different story. It involves one wrestler lifting their opponent up on one shoulder, mostly the right shoulder in an Oklahoma position and then lowering them into a belly to belly position with the opponent upside down and the attacking wrestlers arms around their waist with their hands and wrists locked. The attacker then drops down on both knees, sometimes while leaping a little, driving the opponent's head into the ground. He then pins them by crossing their arms over in a "R.I.P" motion. It has put away mostly everyone that he has performed it on, including Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Mark Henry, Kane, Chris Jericho, Edge, Batista, Randy Orton, CM Punk, John Cena and Kurt Angle.

[B]1. Pedigree (Double Underhook Jumping Facebuster)[/B]
This move is probably one of the most painful and dangerous moves off all time. The first time Triple H connected with this finisher, the move botched and the opponent landed on the top of their head. Since then, there haven't really been any injuries but it has left every men lying on the ground after taking this finisher. It involes placing the opponent's head in between the attacker's thights while hooking both arms backwards and jumping up and landing on knees first on the mat or ground, drivinf he opponent's face and chest into the mat. It has put away countless superstars like The Rock, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Kane, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, Ric Flair, Big Show, Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon, Chris Jericho, Sheamus and Booker T.

THANK YOU FOR READING. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINION BELOW.

Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part Five" to Digg Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part Five" to del.icio.us Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part Five" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part Five" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow I love how you guys go on and on makes for a good laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Yeah man. That sweet chin music and spear are sure used today on a regular basis. I mean whens the last time we have seen those finishers. (Sarcasm)
    Edge is my favorite WRESTLER of all time so I don't count Christian Spears as Spears (same goes for Big Show Spears) so last successful spear was in 2011. Point to you.

However, the last sweet chin Music was quite recently, at Wrestlemania 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by body slam
    I'll have to give you a grade of a F for missing one of the most popular finisher if not the most popular finishers in wrestling history. The finisher that was so over it got called for and chatted by sell out crowds all over the wrestling world.

DDT
    I couldnt agree more. Jake Roberts DDT should be #1 and by a mile. Often imitated, but never replicated... the Jake DDT is / was the greatest finisher ever. DDT, DDT, DDT, DDT, DDT! <chanting>
    Edge's spear wasnt even on par with Goldberg or Rhino's spear. The only saving grace for Edge's spear was his long hair whipping back, helping to sell the impact. That was it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.