View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Over The Limit, Over Delivers: Results Included.

Rating: 4 votes, 2.25 average.
Hey wrestling fans. The Saviour here with a special blog post after watching Over The Limit. There's really no need to say more. I'm going to get right into it.

Pre-Show Match: Kane vs Zack Ryder

I was actually expecting more of a squash that what it actually was. And Kane wins, which was to be expected. However, it goes to show that if you can get a catchy chant going, such as Ryder's Woo Woo Woo...The Crowd will eat it up.

People Power Battle Royal

An entertaining battle royal that really accomplished two things. And the WWE was right in doing this. First, they turned Christian face. Second, and it was revealed later on, but they gave us Christian vs Cody Rhodes, which was absolutely the right move.

Tag Team Championship Kofi/Truth vs Ziggler/Swagger

What a very entertaining match. I'm not sure if this is a sign that they are investing more into the tag team division or not, but matches like this can definitely breathe life into something dead in the water. Kofi Kingston is a tremendous athlete. I love watching him and Ziggler in the ring together. For two years, they've been putting on some of the better performances in today's WWE, and they truly delivered tonight.

Divas Title: Layla vs Beth Phoenix

Not everything about Over the Limit was good. While this wasn't the worst Diva's match in the world, I seriously frown upon Layla getting the clean win here, without Beth being the victim of some sort of circumstance. Not sure what this one accomplished.

Fatal Four Way WHC: Sheamus vs Alberto vs Jericho vs Orton

I expected this match to be pretty good, but I expected it to be dry. And by dry, I mean, a few close calls, but really predictable and no much drama. However, I'm glad to report that I was dead wrong. This match was fantastic. And while Sheamus winning might not be popular to the internet masses, the finish was done very well, and the match did not disappoint.

The Miz vs Funkasaurus

So this is what The Miz has been relegated to? The match wasn't a complete squash, which was good to see. I just don't understand why Funkasaurus is on PPV events, and high profile talent is being forced to job to him. And why did The Miz do the thriller dance? One of the low points of this PPV.

Intercontinental Championship: Cody Rhodes vs Christian

As I stated earlier, this was definitely the right move. These two did put on a good match. Maybe even as high as a very good match. I hope this turns into a feud. I think these two can work together well. A new Intercontinental champ is crowned, and it went to another wrestler who can keep it relevant. That's three in a row now for the ol IC Title.

WWE Championship: CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

Speechless after watching this match. I knew it would be a good technical wrestling match but I had no idea it would be a clinic like it was. These are the two top wrestlers and performers in the WWE in my book. I am now completely sold. I want this feud to continue, especially with how the match ended. But this match had it all, and it delivered 110%. Looking forward to more, and pending further matches between these two, I believe we may have watched a candidate for Match of the Year.

Ryback vs Camacho

Why? Another very low point in the PPV. Perhaps the lowest, even more so than Miz n Funkasaurus. I think I should note though that it seems Ryback will be a botch machine. That sort of thing doesn't show when he's in there with complete squash jobbers, but when he's in there with next level jobbers, it shows more. Again, keep him off PPV until you figure out what you're going to do with him.

John Cena vs John Laurinaitis

For those who hate Hogan because of the backstage political game he played, you should equally hate John Cena for the same sins. What an absolute travesty that this match is last, instead of Punk and Bryan. This was a complete waste of time. And Laurinaitis actually got offense on Cena? Ridiculous. And naturally, as if my 2 year old couldn't have figured out, Big Show turned heel and joined Laurinaitis. Behind the Ryback match, this was the lowest point of the PPV. Predictable, Poorly done, and a complete waste of our time and money.

In another point, WWE seriously needs to re-evaluate their commentator team. Booker T is very difficult to listen to these days. Jerry Lawler is better as the heel color commentator. As the face, he's starting to get repetitive and his quirky little comic one-liners aren't coming off as smoothly. And Michael Cole is, well, Michael Cole. He has very, very few moments of actually sounding good and delivering well. Unfortunately, those moments are so few, that they're very forgettable. That team killed the Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk match. They should really bring in JR for such matches.

All in All, the good definitely outweighed the bad. It was very enjoyable. There wasn't much left after the Punk/Bryan match, which is why it should have been last. But this PPV was very very good. Thumbs up to the WWE for delivering on this one after several poor Raw and Smackdown shows leading up to it.

Be sure to check out this week's Abdominal Stretch. I'm sure there will be lots to talk about after this week's Raw.

Be Safe Everyone.

Submit "Over The Limit, Over Delivers: Results Included." to Digg Submit "Over The Limit, Over Delivers: Results Included." to del.icio.us Submit "Over The Limit, Over Delivers: Results Included." to StumbleUpon Submit "Over The Limit, Over Delivers: Results Included." to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was at both Wrestlemania and over the limit and over the limit was not better than mania! They both were good though. Other than cena match this was a good ppv.
    My thoughts exactly.

Cena and Johnny shouldn't have even featured on a PPV that had Bryan/Punk, and it was as predictable and boring as pretty much every Cena match since before WrestleMania (Mania and Extreme Rules were actually good matches in my opinion).

Miz dancing was the worse use of him I've seen so far - the man deserves better. Also tired of Brodus and his paedophile gimmick.

The Ryback thing didn't bother me so much - looked like a way to kill the crowd a bit before the Cena match in a poor effort to get the crowd behind him.

All in all, this was a good PPV considering the terrible build and the fact that a segment was the main event.
    Good review dk. I haven't watched otl yet, gonna tonight, but it sounds like ill be in for a treat for the most part. I especially like your comment on the commentators. I think they shld have cole as face on raw, king as heel, get rid of booker, and at ppvs, have king and jr call ALL of the matches. Again tho bro, good review. very well written
    I have to disagree on one point - I thought Friday's Smackdown was fantastic and probably one of the better episodes we've seen in a while. Just my opinion.
    Yes I loved the PPV wish they had the CM Punk and Bryan match on for last that way i could have went to bed happy.

Well 2 out of 3 falls anyone for Summer slam???

Doc
    Really enjoyed over the limit. I'd give 8.5/10. As for commentators; I want William Regal on raw as I really like his commentating. Cena/Laurinaitis was only mainevent so the Big Show heel turn could finish off the show.
    Updated 05-21-2012 at 03:48 PM by Callum
    Good:Battle Royal,Christian vs rhodes,punk vs bryan,4-way match,divas & tag team titles
    Boring:Kane vs Ryder,miz vs clay,ryback vs camacho,cena vs ace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.