View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact: Lots of TNA Impact Stuff to Discuss

Rate this Entry
Hey Wrestling Fans. The Saviour here debuting my new weekly series blog entitled Sudden Impact. The idea behind this is to focus solely on TNA Impact Wrestling. I'll give opinions on story lines I'd like to see, give my commentary on the direction I think they're headed, and basically touch on other aspects involving the company. Sometimes it'll resemble my other weekly blog, The Abdominal Stretch. Other times, it'll be in article format. And since this is the debut, it's going to be a little longer because there's a lot to talk about over the past week or so.

So, without further adieu...

WELCOME TO SUDDEN IMPACT

THE SACRIFICE PPV

I didn't watch this PPV, I only read the results. So while I do talk about some of what I read about the PPV, I invite anyone who watched it to clue me in on anything I may have missed.

Well, we have new tag champs. It's a shame because I really liked Magnus and Joe as a tag team. I hope they get another shot and another run.

Gail Kim found a way to win again. Her title run is very impressive. Who's next for her?

Devon's on a nice TV Title run. I like how he has to defend it each week. I hope they can build a feud for him though. And with someone other than Robbie E and T or whoever those goofballs are.

I have become a big Austin Aries fan. I like the quasi face turn. He still has the edge to him, and is getting over more and more. And with the lack of a X Division these days, I'm hoping for bigger and better things for him as the year progresses.

Angle and Styles seems like it didn't disappoint. That's one match I wish I watched. I'm sure, like most Angle matches, it was the highlight of the PPV. So, after Hardy and now Styles, I think Angle's face turn has come just in time to start a nice little feud with Roode.

RVD vs Bobby Roode seems like it was a nice little ladder match. We've seen better and we've seen worse. Bobby Roode is the best heel in wrestling in my book. I wasn't keen on him when he started it but he has really come a long way and has established himself as The Top Heel in wrestling in my book. A Bigger and Better one than anyone WWE has to offer right now. Hands down. It's time to stop jumping from wrestler to wrestler and get another meaningful feud, especially with Slammiversary coming up.

THIS WEEK'S TNA IMPACT

Great opening. Hogan coming out when Roode calls him out and puts together a great card. The OFN qualifier. The Bully Ray vs RVD sucked but the other three matches were awesome. I'm interested in seeing how this will all translate into next week's Impact. Is it going to be a 5 way dance? Or will Hogan be making his decision based on the four qualified candidates.

If they're going to make a feud between Crimson and Eric Young, *which wouldn't be bad if Eric Young would not act retarded*, they should drop the Knockout Tag Titles...or give ODB a new partner and let EY wrestle where he belongs.

The Battle Royal was very entertaining. Love that AJ Styles won. And I definitely want to see AJ and Austin Aries work a feud. That would be great to see. Probably just as entertaining as, say, Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk.

I do think the AJ Styles feud with Kazarian and Christopher Daniels needs to stop. I don't mind the Dixie Carter storyline but this Daniels/AJ thing has gone on way too long. Kaz and Daniels are the Tag Champs now. They need to focus on that.

Hardy and Anderson had a great match as well. Looks like another controversial ending, only this time, Anderson was on the receiving end as it seems he kicked out before the 3 count. I like Hardy in this position better than Anderson. I'm not much of an Anderson fan...was never a Kennedy fan in WWE and it seems nothing has changed.

Gail Kim Wins Again. Who's gonna beat her. Gail has owned the Knockouts since she showed up. I don't know if there's anyone left.

After waiting all night, and seeing the highlights from when Angle killed Joe's undefeated streak, and the encounter in the back...THE match of the night finally happened. It wasn't PPV quality but a good match, clean win, and great ending with all four challengers surrounding the champ.

THE REST

Bully Ray, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, and AJ Styles are the four finalists to challenge Bobby Roode and dethrone him before he breaks the record as longest reigning World Champ. If I had to pick one, I'd have to go with the current reigning champ, AJ Styles.

TNA is going LIVE for the summer. Loving the idea. Especially since spoilers were posted not only for this week's Impact but next week's episode as well. I don't read spoilers, because I still care about the quality of TV Programming. I'm not interested in what happens, before it happens.

In conclusion, TNA has the potential. It seriously does. It has a great mix of talent and with a little nudge, they can really become a major player. I've blogged a few times about how they can improve so I'm going to avoid that. I myself, am seeing improvement and I'm seeing good things happening. I just really hope they keep the momentum going.

I hope you all enjoyed the debut of Sudden Impact. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Be safe everyone. Have a great weekend and enjoy the Preakness. *Which is on my birthday, BTW*

Submit "Sudden Impact: Lots of TNA Impact Stuff to Discuss" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: Lots of TNA Impact Stuff to Discuss" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: Lots of TNA Impact Stuff to Discuss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: Lots of TNA Impact Stuff to Discuss" to Google

Comments

"I'm not interested in what happens, before it happens". You hit the nail on the head with that one as I'm the exact same way. I enjoy TNA's product, and I'm definitely digging their over all direction the past few weeks.

Going live is the best decision they could have made, and in my opinion it's way past due because the spoilers have been absolutely KILLING them now for entirely too long now. Good blog, great read. I'll definitely be checking out the others you post in the future.
    Happy early birthday DK! I think that TNA going LIVE every week is LONG OVER FREAKING DUE! I think Hogan might actually be giving us something good for TNA in the long run. Not too sure about the signing of Brooke, but so far so good I think.
    @Poot-Hair. Yes, the last couple of weeks have been very exciting. In fact, minus some of the over exposure of Hogan, things have been pretty darn good since Lockdown.

@T-Hughes. Thanks for the early Birthday wish. I agree with Hogan giving us something good. And I do like how he was there in the beginning last night, and then we didn't see him again. He did just enough. That's how it should be.
    Nice run-down! I disagree with a couple of points, but nothin' worth arguing about. Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Nice run-down! I disagree with a couple of points, but nothin' worth arguing about. Keep it up!
    Hey man. Thanks for reading. By all means, you can let me know what you disagree with...it won't spark an argument. In fact, I welcome disagreements so I can gauge where people are with how they view TNA.
    Nice addition to your usual blog. I personally prefer Samoa Joe working solo and he should be in a top feud at all times. If that guy went to WWE he'd be a giant star with his size, look, and ability to work so TNA should keep him happy.

TNA going live can be a big thing if they do it right but they really need to make it something that you are excited about tuning in to. That was how WWE capitalized on the Attitude Era and WCW during the original NWO run by having something big happen each week (e.g. Austin bringing a beer truck to the ring, Sting coming down from the rafters to attack the NWO, etc) that furthered a story not just matches and talking.
    DK - Catching up on all the blogs I missed during my week off. This one is a highlight of the reads so far.

MagnaJoe - Completely agree. They should have held the belts a little longer in my opinion but I understand why they gave the belts to Daniels/Kaz. As much as I love Joe and think he should be in the Main Event contention, MagnaJoe brought a LOT to a depleted Tag Division and felt it could continue to regain some strength to it.

As for Mr Anderson, I understand where you're coming from. I wasn't a fan of Mr. Kennedy, but I like him a LOT more as Anderson. I just prefer him to be straight heel instead of trying to work the tweener angle. The whole reason the "asshole" gimmick got over with me is because he was that heel asshole and did it pretty well. Ring work has been more crisp since returning and I think that he could be in the top heel category for TNA if given the chance. He might not be Roode or Bully Ray, but he is definately better to replace Angle as the 3rd top heel than his alternative... Crimson.

All in all, thank you for this unbiased and honest review of the current TNA product. It's nice to hear someone not bashing for once.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.