View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdominal Stretch: Not a Raw Review, but a Break Down

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
Hey Wrestling Fans from everywhere and wherever. The Saviour here with another edition of The Abdominal Stretch.

It felt good to post my Over The Limit following a very good PPV. It was refreshing to be able to speak positive about WWE, because it was something I haven't felt like I've been able to do recently. Of course, some of my readers love everything about WWE, which is their right, but for my taste, it has been very sub par and bland.

The PPV was very good. Did Raw deliver the goods with a follow up? Well......

John Cena, John Laurinaitis, The Big Show

The WWE managed to pull the wool over eyes of...well, NOBODY with the Big Show's heel turn at OTL. And when the WWE had a chance to somehow, better the situation and veer away from the true predictability behind it, they failed on Monday Night Raw and Big Show did the typical sell out heel turn. I am on the edge of my seat for their showdown at Now Way Out...pfft.

The funny part about this is, the cat was let out of the bag in a storyline BOTCH. Laurinaitis says he hired Big Show back "on Saturday". And if not many people picked up on it, Jerry Lawler brought it up as well. Michael Cole then did an overkill job of pressing and pressing the "wee hours this morning" signing.

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan Feud

They had a great match at OTL. I am going to thoroughly enjoy this feud. I wish they could culminate at SummerSlam, but I can't see the feud being carried that long.

I don't know if they're adding AJ to the feud, or it's secondary for CM Punk. But she's hot as shit. And even hotter when she looks crazed and like she's gonna fly off the handle.

Chris Jericho...Time To Finally Leave

After interrupting a rather unentertaining match between Orton and Del Rio, Jericho grabbed a mic and sounded like a whiny little girl. He was more annoying than my 2 year old when I take her toy away for being bad. And the best in the world thing is truly beat. Especially since he's won nothing since being back. All that hype, all that trying to figure out the meaning behind his videos, and this is what we get from him. Zero wins and Zero relevancy. At some point, he and WWE need to recognize how bad this return has been. He should just go play with his band and hope for a better return next time around.

**MISCELLANEOUS NOTES**

It truly saddens me when I see the WWE promoting WCW stuff. I know WCW is gone, but it just keeps reminding me of a time when wrestling was truly something special. Well, thank goodness for YouTube, is all I gotta say about that.

The Santino/Ricardo segment was funny. I like Santino's introduction of Alberto Del Rio.

The Handicapped Lumber Jack match was entertaining. Predictable, but entertaining.

In closing, I'd like to say that, despite how good OTL was on Sunday, Raw was full of wasted time and bad segment after bad segment. Outside of the DB/CM Punk segment, which really wasn't their best segment, I can't find much that I enjoyed this week. It's a shame I can't stay positive about WWE. I really do want to. Really, I do.

Be sure to check out this week's Sudden Impact on Friday.

Have a good week everyone. Be Safe.

Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Not a Raw Review, but a Break Down" to Digg Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Not a Raw Review, but a Break Down" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Not a Raw Review, but a Break Down" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Not a Raw Review, but a Break Down" to Google

Updated 05-22-2012 at 06:47 PM by DK Wrestling Savior

Tags: raw
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Hell, first and for most; good blog bro. We're Wednesday, and I am just NOW posting. Felt the need to in a way. Heck, it was the first blog I've ever seen you write where there has been absolutely NO COMMENTS whatsoever. Does this in fact mean that the rest of the "blog land" agrees with you?!?! Have you finally converted these mediocre wrestling fans over to "The Saviors' Dark Side"?!?! LOL God knows....

OTL was an awesome ppv. Bryan/Punk was sensational. Raw had such heights to live up to, was kind of foreseeable that it'd crash and burn as it did. I was actually looking forward to seeing a blog on your predictions rather than a review.

One last thing, I'm looking forward to this weeks Sudden IMPACT blog. What with all that has gone on this past week in TNA, I'll be looking forward to hearing your views and opinions.

Thanks again for the read, cheers bro.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.