View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Source: The Wrestling Observer

TNA Wrestling officials are interested in acquiring former WWE Superstars John Morrison and Melina as their names have come up in recent creative meetings.

Bruce Prichard, Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations, is said to be a big proponent of the couple joining the organization.

Both talents have continued to compete at independent wrestling events since parting ways with WWE last year.

Now I never watched TNA but Impact Wrestling has had a number of nutty, unneeded signings in the past two years. From old maniac bookers like Hogan and Bischoff, to guys with histories of drug and alcohol problems like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle, to their resident princess, Gail Kim.

John Morrison is a great development by WWE, bad on the mic, but very good in the ring and the type of guy that TNA should be scouting more.

While Melina has had a good in-ring history in WWE, she's had a long history of heat, as noted in this link right here.

http://www.606v2.com/t3830-the-history-of-melina-s-heat

That's a lot of crap, whether it's all real or not, it seems like the type of stuff she would say and do.

So Dixie, Terry, Eric, why are you interested in signing her? There are 3 Knockouts already she's had some bad blood with, Mickie, Angelina, and Brooke Tessmacher. What would signing her do? There are reasons why WWE released her in the first place. Everybody in the WWE was relieved when they no longer had to be around her.

They all probably felt relieve they no longer had to put up with Gail Kim too, and what has she done so far to help your company? I knew right when Gail left WWE like a crybaby that she would do no good for the Knockout division. You all are saying Brooke Hogan is gonna be a bad authority figure while she'll be harmless compared to Gail now. She is in every single Knockouts match, she gets the most time out of every woman, and she is going down every KO to defend a title that she didn't even work hard for. I thought TNA said they weren't about any ass-kissing.

You don't need Melina, or Kim for that matter. You got a closet full of Knockouts with decent talent whom are just dying to appear on TV and make a living. Winter, Angelina Love, ODB, Sarita, Rosita, Brooke Adams. Book THEM. Guaranteed talent, low cost, no BS. They deserve the time on TV. Show them they matter. Visit www.profightdb.com and check out these ladies' records. Many of them haven't won a match as early as July. None of these women have been any trouble at all. Melina has more animosity than all of them in one finger. You already know she's trouble, you already know she's gonna be expensive (ie: $5000 booking even though she denied it), and you already know there are other women on the roster in need of attention.

But do they seem to care at all? Doesn't look like it.

You see the Divas and you should know what they do. When a Knockout does an interview it's like a copy/paste response they all have to say in some fashion: they go right after the Divas and take cheap shots at them for their brief TV matches that the fans caused in the first place, but there's more to being a woman in the WWE than just that. They're all on tour, just like almost everybody currently in the WWE. They all get booked to compete, whether it would be a TV event, an internet show, or a house show, and they all get paid whether they appear or not. You don't see a Diva getting left off tour for months like TNA, unless they get injured or must take a leave of absence. No matter what roles they have, all of them they're still good assets to the WWE as long as they keep out of trouble.

But if this is true, Dixie, can't wait to see a Botchamania down the road and happen to witness Gail vs. Melina in a screaming contest for that title.

Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to Digg Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to del.icio.us Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to StumbleUpon Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    How would you know how much Gail botches if you've never watched TNA? Gail is a damn good wrestler and just cause WWE didn't appreciate her doesn't mean she wasn't talented. All the names you mentioned have been good in TNA, even Hogan as much as I dislike him cause his name alone got some people to watch TNA.
    As I said before I am a frequent viewer of Botchamania and have happened to watch a number of clips of her matches with Velvet, Mickie, and Madison. They were pretty amusing. I thought her leaving that baseball slide spot and re-entering it was the funniest thing on there.

Rebuttal: How do you know WWE didn't appreciate her? They tried pushing her a few times but never got a reaction. I never recall her blowing roofs off venues with her presence alone, so those people shouldn't really be entitled to stick by her unprofessionalism if they didn't stick by her from the get go. If you're a talented wrestler who can't get over, they make you put others over. It's business, not personal. They push women like Kelly Kelly because she at least has generated interest, no matter how much she sucks. You can have two talented wrestlers like Layla and Beth, and put them in a 7 minute, 10 second match, and still draw a bored, dead crowd. Hey, just like last night!
    Updated 05-21-2012 at 11:34 AM by OneTimePosterShorry
    I'm going to assume Botchamania is clips of wrestlers messing up in ring. If I'm right, I'll just point out that you can take clips like that from any wrestler and it'll make them look bad. Doesn't matter who they are, errors happen.
    It's not enough to make a fair judgement is my point. You don't like Gail Kim, that's fine, but you can't say whether or not she bad/good in TNA unless you actually watch TNA with her in it.
    I've seen her each week since she re-debuted and she's easily a deserving and entertaining heel champ imo. Her matches are good and I enjoy watching them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    As I said before I am a frequent viewer of Botchamania and have happened to watch a number of clips of her matches with Velvet, Mickie, and Madison. They were pretty amusing. I thought her leaving that baseball slide spot and re-entering it was the funniest thing on there.

Rebuttal: How do you know WWE didn't appreciate her? They tried pushing her a few times but never got a reaction. I never recall her blowing roofs off venues with her presence alone, so those people shouldn't really be entitled to stick by her unprofessionalism if they didn't stick by her from the get go. If you're a talented wrestler who can't get over, they make you put others over. It's business, not personal. They push women like Kelly Kelly because she at least has generated interest, no matter how much she sucks. You can have two talented wrestlers like Layla and Beth, and put them in a 7 minute, 10 second match, and still draw a bored, dead crowd. Hey, just like last night!
    Just because you've seen her on that Botchamania show doesn't mean she botches that much. Are none of the divas in there? Kelly Kelly botches way more and she's still the face of the diva's division so just cause you see Gail botch sometimes doesn't mean she's not a damn good athlete.

As for your rebuttal WWE doesn't give a crap about women's wrestling these days, they push Kelly cause she fits the image they want people to see the diva's division as regardless of how good a match she can put on or how much we like her and they didn't push Gail cause she's not as pretty as Kelly and they really don't care how impressive she can be in the ring when the diva matches last like 3 minutes anyway. Might as well watch a sexy girl like Kelly embarrass herself for 3 minutes than a talented girl like Gail do impressive technical maneuvers for the same amount of time is their opinion and since they're in charge they're gonna make it happen.

I really can't respect your opinions on the matter considering you've never even watched it, but you should really consider not judging a book by its cover and actually reading he damn book sometimes. I'll agree on the Melina thing just cause she's known to cause drama and leave it at that.
    You do know Gail was in TNA before last year right and she was the first Knockouts Champion and put on one of the best matches in Women's history with Awesome Kong right. Gail wasn't getting used in WWE except on Superstars and wasn't given much of a chance when she had her second run with the WWE. She had no heat with other dives like Melina did. Kurt has delivered some big matches for TNA in his time there and helped a lot of stars get over. Joe won his first title from Kurt, Kurt helped skyrocket Wolf into the main event scene when he came over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    Just because you've seen her on that Botchamania show doesn't mean she botches that much. Are none of the divas in there? Kelly Kelly botches way more and she's still the face of the diva's division so just cause you see Gail botch sometimes doesn't mean she's not a damn good athlete.

As for your rebuttal WWE doesn't give a crap about women's wrestling these days, they push Kelly cause she fits the image they want people to see the diva's division as regardless of how good a match she can put on or how much we like her and they didn't push Gail cause she's not as pretty as Kelly and they really don't care how impressive she can be in the ring when the diva matches last like 3 minutes anyway. Might as well watch a sexy girl like Kelly embarrass herself for 3 minutes than a talented girl like Gail do impressive technical maneuvers for the same amount of time is their opinion and since they're in charge they're gonna make it happen.

I really can't respect your opinions on the matter considering you've never even watched it, but you should really consider not judging a book by its cover and actually reading he damn book sometimes. I'll agree on the Melina thing just cause she's known to cause drama and leave it at that.
    Of course. Kelly is shown every now and then. What really got me in stitches was the tag team match at Victory Road last year when they blamed Velvet for who knows why after Katie Lea "couldn't" kick out of a 30 second long pin attempt.

You say WWE only wants to push sexpots with no wrestling ability? Let's not forget who your icon is. Kelly has been around for over 5 years and ever since she started to actually wrestle in 2007, the crowds never seemed to stop cheering for her. Beth was never that over, Gail was never that over, nobody since Trish and Lita were. Beauty can't be measured, it's all in the eye of the beholder. You can't blame WWE for how they abide to whom the fans want to invest in. Read my other blog for a better understanding.

I'm not asking for you to respect my opinions, but for the good of the Knockouts Division, Gail should have never been signed last year unless she would agree to work hard and put others over, which I have yet to read about.
    Updated 05-21-2012 at 12:13 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513
    You do know Gail was in TNA before last year right and she was the first Knockouts Champion and put on one of the best matches in Women's history with Awesome Kong right. Gail wasn't getting used in WWE except on Superstars and wasn't given much of a chance when she had her second run with the WWE. She had no heat with other dives like Melina did. Kurt has delivered some big matches for TNA in his time there and helped a lot of stars get over. Joe won his first title from Kurt, Kurt helped skyrocket Wolf into the main event scene when he came over.
    Yeah, and that was all good. Gail was never an ass-kisser back then. And I can't deny Kurt for how much he's helped TNA. But he can be a real goof at times.
    Melina would be a great addition to TNA's Knockouts division. She has a unique in-ring ability and seems to be passionate about putting on a great match. As long as she doesn't pull any backstage antics, than I see no problem with Melina going to TNA.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.