View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina.

Rating: 4 votes, 1.75 average.
Source: The Wrestling Observer

TNA Wrestling officials are interested in acquiring former WWE Superstars John Morrison and Melina as their names have come up in recent creative meetings.

Bruce Prichard, Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations, is said to be a big proponent of the couple joining the organization.

Both talents have continued to compete at independent wrestling events since parting ways with WWE last year.


Now I never watched TNA but Impact Wrestling has had a number of nutty, unneeded signings in the past two years. From old maniac bookers like Hogan and Bischoff, to guys with histories of drug and alcohol problems like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle, to their resident princess, Gail Kim.

John Morrison is a great development by WWE, bad on the mic, but very good in the ring and the type of guy that TNA should be scouting more.

While Melina has had a good in-ring history in WWE, she's had a long history of heat, as noted in this link right here.

http://www.606v2.com/t3830-the-history-of-melina-s-heat

That's a lot of crap, whether it's all real or not, it seems like the type of stuff she would say and do.

So Dixie, Terry, Eric, why are you interested in signing her? There are 3 Knockouts already she's had some bad blood with, Mickie, Angelina, and Brooke Tessmacher. What would signing her do? There are reasons why WWE released her in the first place. Everybody in the WWE was relieved when they no longer had to be around her.

They all probably felt relieve they no longer had to put up with Gail Kim too, and what has she done so far to help your company? I knew right when Gail left WWE like a crybaby that she would do no good for the Knockout division. You all are saying Brooke Hogan is gonna be a bad authority figure while she'll be harmless compared to Gail now. She is in every single Knockouts match, she gets the most time out of every woman, and she is going down every KO to defend a title that she didn't even work hard for. I thought TNA said they weren't about any ass-kissing.

You don't need Melina, or Kim for that matter. You got a closet full of Knockouts with decent talent whom are just dying to appear on TV and make a living. Winter, Angelina Love, ODB, Sarita, Rosita, Brooke Adams. Book THEM. Guaranteed talent, low cost, no BS. They deserve the time on TV. Show them they matter. Visit www.profightdb.com and check out these ladies' records. Many of them haven't won a match as early as July. None of these women have been any trouble at all. Melina has more animosity than all of them in one finger. You already know she's trouble, you already know she's gonna be expensive (ie: $5000 booking even though she denied it), and you already know there are other women on the roster in need of attention.

But do they seem to care at all? Doesn't look like it.

You see the Divas and you should know what they do. When a Knockout does an interview it's like a copy/paste response they all have to say in some fashion: they go right after the Divas and take cheap shots at them for their brief TV matches that the fans caused in the first place, but there's more to being a woman in the WWE than just that. They're all on tour, just like almost everybody currently in the WWE. They all get booked to compete, whether it would be a TV event, an internet show, or a house show, and they all get paid whether they appear or not. You don't see a Diva getting left off tour for months like TNA, unless they get injured or must take a leave of absence. No matter what roles they have, all of them they're still good assets to the WWE as long as they keep out of trouble.

But if this is true, Dixie, can't wait to see a Botchamania down the road and happen to witness Gail vs. Melina in a screaming contest for that title.

Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to Digg Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to del.icio.us Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to StumbleUpon Submit "Attention: TNA, DO NOT sign Melina." to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. tchocky360's Avatar
    You write you never watch TNA, but you've judged that Angle, Hardy and Kim are nutty signings.
    Ignoring both of their personal troubles in the past, in-ring Angle and Hardy have been a success for TNA.

    In fact, Hardy has improved since his WWE days and learned to talk decent enough on mic.
    Kurt Angle is Kurt Angle and puts on excellent matches, he helped build Roode up to the level he is now and himself and AJ Styles had an good match at the last PPV.

    Gail Kim gets to wrestle decent length matches and I'd much rather her be champ than Mickie James. Maybe you would feel the same if you actually watched the show.
    Also, of course TNA would give her most of the time on TV, she's the champ!

    They could book the Knockouts a bit better and spread out the wins, but they only get one show a week, and so the Knockout time has to focus on the champ and next contender. It pretty much means they will be the only two women winning matches for the couple months a feud lasts.

    I'm happier for Melina not to sign as well, I don't think she's worth the hassle and the pay when there's enough female talent there for the small spotlight they have.

    But this blog makes it look like you don't know what you're talking about when you write that Kim is a nutty signing for TNA.
    Give the show a go and maybe you'll change your mind on a few things.
  2. nosellshogan's Avatar
    Honestly, they just signed The Brookester Brooke Hogan. Signing Melina would honestly be a step up from that.
  3. DK Wrestling Savior's Avatar
    I don't read into the behind the scenes stuff so much, but I watch TNA Impact every week. And I fail to see where Angle, Hardy, and Gail Kim have been bad for them? Hardy is the top face for them right now. Angle has just turned face and has been over as a face and heel for them. And Gail Kim has been the Knockouts champ forever now, playing a great heel role.

    Whether Melina is a problem child or not, if signing her will bring John Morrison there and keep him happy, then do it.
  4. Glamour Girl's Avatar
    As someone who has never watched TNA I fail to see how you can give a fair judgement regarding how much certain of their hired wrestlers have contributed or not except for what you've read on the dirt sheets. Aside from that I agree that with Melina's history she'd likely be trouble if hired.
  5. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tchocky360
    You write you never watch TNA, but you've judged that Angle, Hardy and Kim are nutty signings.
    Ignoring both of their personal troubles in the past, in-ring Angle and Hardy have been a success for TNA.

    In fact, Hardy has improved since his WWE days and learned to talk decent enough on mic.
    Kurt Angle is Kurt Angle and puts on excellent matches, he helped build Roode up to the level he is now and himself and AJ Styles had an good match at the last PPV.

    Gail Kim gets to wrestle decent length matches and I'd much rather her be champ than Mickie James. Maybe you would feel the same if you actually watched the show.
    Also, of course TNA would give her most of the time on TV, she's the champ!

    They could book the Knockouts a bit better and spread out the wins, but they only get one show a week, and so the Knockout time has to focus on the champ and next contender. It pretty much means they will be the only two women winning matches for the couple months a feud lasts.

    I'm happier for Melina not to sign as well, I don't think she's worth the hassle and the pay when there's enough female talent there for the small spotlight they have.

    But this blog makes it look like you don't know what you're talking about when you write that Kim is a nutty signing for TNA.
    Give the show a go and maybe you'll change your mind on a few things.
    I understand why they would keep Hardy. He sells merchandise. But to think being the #2 promotion in America you would expect they would have implemented services that WWE has by now like wellness policies and rehab. Angle has acted pretty unusual as of late. He needs to stop drinking and getting encounters from police if he loves being in TNA so much like he keeps saying. What was that, intoxicated inside a parked car while TNA World Champion?

    As for Gail, she seems in extreme need of stress rehab. She's already been wrestling in decent length matches on WWE Superstars, and since she's come to TNA she's botched much more than she has then. She reminds me a lot of Terrell Owens. He says how great he's gonna be on a new team and they get dragged down to last place. There's nothing she's done to deserve to steal 2 titles in a month and kill practically everyone's pushes. I thought she was gonna take time off after marrying Robert Irvine, unless the Knockouts Championship is named Robert Irvine.
    Updated 05-21-2012 at 10:53 AM by OneTimePosterShorry
  6. Glamour Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    I understand why they would keep Hardy. He sells merchandise. But to think being the #2 promotion in America you would expect they would have implemented services WWE has by now like wellness policies and rehab.

    As for Gail, she seems in extreme need of stress rehab. She's already been wrestling in decent length matches on WWE Superstars, and since she's come to TNA she's botched much more than she has then. She reminds me a lot of Terrell Owens. He says how great he's gonna be on a new team and they get dragged down to last place. There's nothing she's done to deserve to steal 2 titles in a month and kill practically everyone's pushes. I thought she was gonna take time off after marrying Robert Irvine, unless the Knockouts Championship is named Robert Irvine.
    How would you know how much Gail botches if you've never watched TNA? Gail is a damn good wrestler and just cause WWE didn't appreciate her doesn't mean she wasn't talented. All the names you mentioned have been good in TNA, even Hogan as much as I dislike him cause his name alone got some people to watch TNA.
  7. tchocky360's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    How would you know how much Gail botches if you've never watched TNA? Gail is a damn good wrestler and just cause WWE didn't appreciate her doesn't mean she wasn't talented. All the names you mentioned have been good in TNA, even Hogan as much as I dislike him cause his name alone got some people to watch TNA.
    Exactly this.

    PosterShorry you don't watch the show. Like I said earlier, I agree about Melina, seems to just cause trouble.
    But you can't tell me Kim is poor in the ring at TNA when you don't watch that show. I'm all for disagreements in opinion, but you need to actually have something behind it for it to be a decent read.

    Same with Angle and Hardy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.