View RSS Feed

knox

Wrestling's Most Prestigious Championships (WWE & TNA)

Rate this Entry
Hey guys Knox here hoping all is well. I wanna blog on the WWE & TNA Titles and rank them all and see what you all think, this should be fun, hope you all enjoy. I'm ranking based on current prestige over the past 3 or so years.

STEREOTYPES IN WRESTLING:
For all that read my last blog and seen the racist comments left, I wanted to take this time to apologize on the behalf of "The Beast". I know people of all ethnic backgrounds visit this site and if anyone was offended on those comments he left, I'm deeply sorry. It takes a real coward to stoop so low to leave such hateful remarks. At the end of the day it was my blog so I take full responsibility, thanks guys.

WWE & TNA Most Prestigious Championships:

11. TNA World Television Title
The most irrelevant title over the past 4 or so years. The last time this title meant something is when Booker T held it and that was a long time ago. Since then, its been the most forgotten title in wrestling.

Robbie E had probably the worst title reign in the last decade with this belt, so I put it last for a damn good reason. Hopefully D-Von does something with it.

10. WWE Divas Championship
This isn't even a title anymore. Most of the feuds have had more action on Twitter than in the ring. I can't take it. Its just been thrown around, it seems like every diva will get a chance to have a reign.

Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, Melina, Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Natalya Eve, both the Bellas, Michelle McCool and Layla have all held it in the past 2 years. Its too much going on. Personally I almost threw up when they decided to retire the WWE Woman's Championship, the blew me.

9. WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
The big talk is the Tag Team division. This division needs to be rebuilt. The WWE seem like they're taking the time to build up the division. Currently we have Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins, Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger, R-Truth & Kofi Kingston, The Uso's, and Titus O'Neil & Darren Young as the current tag teams, I could be missing a few.

We still need something real. This title hasn't meant anything since the reign of John Morrison & The Miz and lets not forget Chris Jericho & The Big Show. They had amazing reigns.

8. WWE United States Championship
This title hasn't been relevant since The Miz. Well, I actually liked Dolph's run as well, but its been a lack luster belt since guys like MVP & Matt Hardy were United States Champ.

7. TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship
This title has been amazing for what it is. The competition is so stiff in TNA among the female wrestlers that they have Tag Titles for that division. Its awesome and I love it.

6. WWE Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes run took this title back a few steps for me. I'm a Cody fan but the fact he was rarely booked to defend the belt actually destroyed the prestige. Not to mention the fact that Ezekiel Jackson had a very boring reign before that.

Expect Christian to do big things with this title especially since he's a babyface again. Christian is one of the greatest I.C. champs of all time so expect greatness. It was a smart move to put the belt back on him.

5. TNA World Heavyweight Championship
I just can't get behind this title like I used to. Its great to see Bobby Roode as Champion but the prestige of this belt has dropped so far that I can't give it much hope. It was a point in time where the second TNA signed an ex-WWE guy, they were TNA Champ within a month or two. Guys like RVD, Ken Anderson and Jeff Hardy to name a few.

To me, this belt was at its highest point when Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Jeff Jarrett were champ. Those moments were spread out in history, but none the less, it was good stuff.

4. TNA Knockouts Championship
I probably should've ranked this belt higher. These women in TNA kick complete and utter ass and I love them. They draw, they are the highest rated segments week in and week out and I love them to death for their hardwork.

The prestige of this belt has been steadily improving and providing great matches. Winter (Katie Lee Burchill), Mickie James, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky and my babygirl Tara (Victoria) have all had amazing runs with the title. Great television, I love it.

3. WWE Championship
I know many expected this title to be #1 but honestly it hasn't delivered like I expected. Cm Punk has been the champion for over 6 months and has been decent but nothing special. Recently he won the title in that angle with Cena when he was threatening to leave. The way they had him returned killed the angle and since then the WWE Championship has just been there. Noting too special.

What's weird is the last time this title meant something is when John Cena had it. I mean they put effort into making the title mean something because it was Cena holding it.

Ever since, they've taken their attentions away from it. I'm not a Cm Punk fan but he should be maineventing every single PPV no matter what special attraction is on the card. No reason why Johnny Ace should be in the mainevent and not Cm Punk defending the WWE Championship. We'll start to take this title more serious again when the WWE decides too.

2. X-Division Championship
I know I'll get heat for putting this ahead of the WWE Championship but here me out. As far as match quality, this title has delivered some of the greatest matches of all time and I mean that. Guys like Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, and other battling for this title have made it an amazing thing.

Currently Austin Aries is having an exceptional run. I never remember seeing someone turn face or heel in the middle of a title reign but he indeed has turned face while still holding the X-Division Championship. He's put on some amazing matches and has really brought some life back to that title.

1. WWE World Heavyweight Championship
I'm putting this title #1 because the WWE has found a way to make this title interesting as of late. More recently with the Fatal 4-Way at Over the Limit between Sheamus, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton & Alberto Del Rio. It was a great match.

Not to mention Daniel Bryan had a very interesting and exciting run as World Heavyweight Champion, it was amazing. Now the way he lost it took away some prestige but none the less it was great stuff.

Christian's recent run with the title was refreshing and well overdue whether he was a face or a heel. I loved every second of it. Mark Henry also had a very unexpected but dominant run with the title and really brought something cool back to the title.

Conclusion:
Hope you all enjoyed this one, this took a long time. I appreciate you guys for reading and please leave feedback, love you guys. Check out my track below. As always take care. See ya next time. Until then.

Submit "Wrestling's Most Prestigious Championships (WWE & TNA)" to Digg Submit "Wrestling's Most Prestigious Championships (WWE & TNA)" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestling's Most Prestigious Championships (WWE & TNA)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestling's Most Prestigious Championships (WWE & TNA)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

IMO the most prestigious title in wrestling today is ROH world championship
    I mt have rated X-Div championship as No. ONE!!

A Double has brought a lot of credibility to the title..AA looked more credible than any other champion in both the promotions...

WWE championship was meaningless with Cena..Punk brought some credibility but the fact he's not maineventing the PPVs is taking away credibility from him..
    Almost fully agree with your list. The issue is that the feuds over the WWE Championship (at least under CM Punk) haven't stemmed from someone challenging for the title. They're all rooted in a personal feud between Punk and another superstar where it could just be a grudge match and it doesn't even really matter that the title's on the line. The (main)point of facing the champion should be winning the title, I know that other factors are what make the feud interesting but that should be the prime point of interest. Also it should be the headline at every PPV (or the World Title).

Now-a-days it seems that the WWE is putting the titles on people to get them over with the crowd. This was never the case in the past. All the legends from previous years were over from either mid-card titles (Stone Cold, Rocky, Triple H) a Tag team (Hardys, E&C, Michaels) or just off of being a great character (Taker). Now it seems to get people over they put the main title of that brand on them and the issue is, it leaves them no where to go. Winning the big one for the first time is the biggest moment and it should be viewed as such.

Anyway man, great blog as always and you don't have to take responsibility for what the moronic little C*** posted on your blog.
    lol at Knockout tag titles being more prestigious than the Divas title - I'd rather a title change hands a lot than never be defended
    Expect DB to win the WWE title make it more interesting than ever before. (not that Punk hasn't done well, because his done better than any other in the past 4 years (Miz, ADR, Cena etc...) But a feud with Punk and DB should be amazing regardless if it isnt the last match on the card.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.