View RSS Feed

B-ri

Leave the Memories Alone

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, me again. I know, 2 blogs in 2 days is a lot for me but I felt this was appropriate and I know this has been mentioned a thousand times but it's something I feel is particularly important in our industry that we love so much today. I just found this video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51Vz...ture=endscreen

Now for anyone who can't be bothered watching the video (I don't blame you, it is quite painful) basically the video chronicles TNA from some of it's best moments up to mid 2009 and then the disparity of the past few years. Again I know many people have made blogs about TNA and Hogan and Bitchoff (Thanks Scotty!) but I want a chance to air my opinion. TNA today SUCKS.

It's just embarrassing. I mean quite literally. I used to love watching TNA on Bravo here in the UK. The X division was awesome, the tag teams, perfection & the main event scene was brilliance. The likes of Angle, Styles, Joe, Sting, Nash (who had his up and downs but as a part of the Mafia was brilliant), Booker T, Mick Foley, Jarrett(unfortunately) it worked fantastically. Fair enough, the upper card was a bit legends heavy however they were mostly there to build the company, put over younger guys and there was still a lot of tv time for the X division and the ACTUAL WRESTLERS.

We could spend all day reminiscing but anyway, on with the blog. The problems now are just ridiculous. Hogan and Bitchoff spending all day kissing each other's asses, Ric Flair (THE MAN) wrestling half naked, TNA basically advertising for WWE has beens (and I'm not talking about legends), it really makes me sad because TNA had so much potential and they are DESTROYING the company.

If you jump on Youtube, Scott Steiner actually did a shoot promo back in WCW saying very similar to what he has said in recent weeks and it's almost foreshadowing the problems TNA would have.

I want this to be an interactive blog so please, comment and tell me:
1) Your favourite TNA moment
2) What you think the issues TNA have are
3) Whether you agree or not

Thanks very much guys, I look forward to receiving any and all comments & any feedback at all is appreciated!

Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to Digg Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to del.icio.us Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to StumbleUpon Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm becoming very favorable of TNA recently, because of how terrible WWE has been. And regardless of how people feel about WWE today, I think it totally sucks and TNA has been more enjoyable to watch. (minus the constant Hogan on camera segments).

Watching this video was almost tear jerking. It makes me wish I had watched TNA from back in the beginning. It seems like I missed out on a lot of great things that I'll have to now find on youtube.

The problems TNA have are very simple. Bad leadership and bad vision. It seems like they know what they want to do but are afraid to pull the trigger because of the risk involved. They're in a comfort zone (Impact Zone), and are afraid to leave. They gotta go live, at least every other week, they need to hit the road and get out of the Impact Zone, and they need to increase their roster and get some good storylines going.

Good blog. Love the video. It's such a shame how it has changed.
    Hey B-Ri, nice blog man. It was a little short, but the point you had to make was very simple, so it works. I agree with you 100%. I'm by far the biggest wrestling geek out of anyone I know in person, and it's gotten to where I can't even bring myself to watch Impact each week. I check on it as it's playing, and I usually just get disgusted and change it. To answer your questions, I unfortunately didn't follow TNA back in its prime. I pretty much started watching it regularly same time Hogan showed up. Please don't get the wrong idea though. I didn't start watching because of him. It was just a coincidence. The fact that he wanted to put it up on Monday Nights to challenge RAW intrigued me, so I got interested. I had checked it out from time to time before that, but that was when I started watching it regularly. So if I had to pick a favorite moment in TNA from my experience, I'd have to go with feud between Beer Money the MCMG. Those Ultimate X matches and everything was just so over the top. WWE's (and unfortunately now TNA's current) so-called tag team division could definitely take a cue from that. Anyway, great blog man. Keep up the good work. Take care.
    God, the tag teams alone in the day were awesome... Team 3D, Beer Money, MCMG, Lethal Consequences, LAX... The X Division was something amazing and intense that drew me to love the company and the single reason I would watch WWE and laugh at how slow the guys were. The promos had a nice gritty, but not poorly produced feeling to them. WWE at that time was just overflowing with cartoony elements. (Kudos to them for getting better at that, but it seems they're shifting back with Ryback, Clay, and Tensai...)

The Knockouts division was so kickass compared to anything the WWE had been doing with women since the days of Molly Holly. The matches were actually interesting, there was sexuality, which is what they're there for... but the women were more than eye candy. Don't get me wrong, the girls now are more or less the same BUT there's no story element since the whole introduction of Winter that's been anywhere near interesting.

The MEM was the perfect "Legends Club" without having them overshadow the home grown talent. They, especially Angle at the time, put guys like AJ Styles over extremely effectively. nWo comparisons aside, it was interesting to see them struggle to keep the gold.

I will argue though that it didn't change when everyone claims it did. It wasn't when Hogan and Bitchoff came into TNA, it was when Foley came in and brought Jarret back in. That's when things began changing, but not as obviously as when Hogan came in and turned pretty much the whole company on its head in the course of a few weeks. It was when they began introducing Dixie Carter to the mix as essentially, a prop, that things began changing for the worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I'm becoming very favorable of TNA recently, because of how terrible WWE has been. And regardless of how people feel about WWE today, I think it totally sucks and TNA has been more enjoyable to watch. (minus the constant Hogan on camera segments).

Watching this video was almost tear jerking. It makes me wish I had watched TNA from back in the beginning. It seems like I missed out on a lot of great things that I'll have to now find on youtube.

The problems TNA have are very simple. Bad leadership and bad vision. It seems like they know what they want to do but are afraid to pull the trigger because of the risk involved. They're in a comfort zone (Impact Zone), and are afraid to leave. They gotta go live, at least every other week, they need to hit the road and get out of the Impact Zone, and they need to increase their roster and get some good storylines going.

Good blog. Love the video. It's such a shame how it has changed.
    Thanks for the feedback! TNA back in the day was simply brilliance. For a good 2 years it was by far better than WWE (with the exception of maybe WWE's maineventers, Michaels, Cena, Orton, Edge etc) I highly recommend going back and checking out what you've missed, it's really impossible for me to even watch TNA now, it's just not even close to the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renevious
    Hey B-Ri, nice blog man. It was a little short, but the point you had to make was very simple, so it works. I agree with you 100%. I'm by far the biggest wrestling geek out of anyone I know in person, and it's gotten to where I can't even bring myself to watch Impact each week. I check on it as it's playing, and I usually just get disgusted and change it. To answer your questions, I unfortunately didn't follow TNA back in its prime. I pretty much started watching it regularly same time Hogan showed up. Please don't get the wrong idea though. I didn't start watching because of him. It was just a coincidence. The fact that he wanted to put it up on Monday Nights to challenge RAW intrigued me, so I got interested. I had checked it out from time to time before that, but that was when I started watching it regularly. So if I had to pick a favorite moment in TNA from my experience, I'd have to go with feud between Beer Money the MCMG. Those Ultimate X matches and everything was just so over the top. WWE's (and unfortunately now TNA's current) so-called tag team division could definitely take a cue from that. Anyway, great blog man. Keep up the good work. Take care.
    Apologies for the shorter blog, I'm currently studying for exams and so I'm pretty tired, I just saw the video and wanted to knock out a quick blog.
    You're right though, and you really missed out in the earlier days. January 4th 2010 was the beginning of the demise of TNA. It really depresses me, it was so good and now it's so bad, they've taken so many steps backwards & anyone who's seen me comment before knows I bash the hell out of TNA simply because it is so bad compared to what it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIcon
    God, the tag teams alone in the day were awesome... Team 3D, Beer Money, MCMG, Lethal Consequences, LAX... The X Division was something amazing and intense that drew me to love the company and the single reason I would watch WWE and laugh at how slow the guys were. The promos had a nice gritty, but not poorly produced feeling to them. WWE at that time was just overflowing with cartoony elements. (Kudos to them for getting better at that, but it seems they're shifting back with Ryback, Clay, and Tensai...)

The Knockouts division was so kickass compared to anything the WWE had been doing with women since the days of Molly Holly. The matches were actually interesting, there was sexuality, which is what they're there for... but the women were more than eye candy. Don't get me wrong, the girls now are more or less the same BUT there's no story element since the whole introduction of Winter that's been anywhere near interesting.

The MEM was the perfect "Legends Club" without having them overshadow the home grown talent. They, especially Angle at the time, put guys like AJ Styles over extremely effectively. nWo comparisons aside, it was interesting to see them struggle to keep the gold.

I will argue though that it didn't change when everyone claims it did. It wasn't when Hogan and Bitchoff came into TNA, it was when Foley came in and brought Jarret back in. That's when things began changing, but not as obviously as when Hogan came in and turned pretty much the whole company on its head in the course of a few weeks. It was when they began introducing Dixie Carter to the mix as essentially, a prop, that things began changing for the worse.
    Very true man, thanks for the feedback! To be honest I feel Hogan, Bitchoff and Dixie are the main issues, I felt Foley did well at putting talent over but Jarrett's always been an idiot but it wasn't that noticeable previously. Thanks for the feedback!
    My favortie TNA moment is actually the build up and match between Raven and Jeff Jarrett in the begining stages of the company . I was really suprised how this match captured my attention as I am mostly a WWE fan .

The issues with TNA , I guess is the amount of interviews and talk they do . I can't stand watching a TNA show and they talk for 15 minutes - its boring . They need more action and let's be honest , if the talking actually lasted this long week in and week out - Who would have bought there weekly pay-per-views in the begining stages of the company ?

I do agree with your blog and hope you write more .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.