View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 5 worst and best HIAC matches of all-time!!!

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I have planned to do something like this for a while, but after Mania.....everyone was doing it. So I waited and did something else til it cooled down a bit. If you sit there and see all these HIAC blogs, odds are you won't want to read all of them which is why I waited til now to do this. Top 5 worst and best HIAC matches of all-time. Now, my criteria isn't based on mat wrestling here. It is going to be based mostly on history. You can't have top 5 HIAC match listing without HBK/Mick Foley vs Taker. Just can't happen!

Best 5
#
1: Mankind vs Taker King of the Ring 98-Why is it number 1? What match is the most talked about among wrestling fans? Exactly, match isn't suppose to be pretty. It is suppose to be punishing and devastating. No HIAC match I believe will ever be more talked about or have as much punishment in that match. Mick became a star the night he got off the stretcher to get chokeslammed through the cell. Tried to make Rikishi a star doing something similar to that, but obviously never worked out for him.

#2: HBK vs Taker Badd Blood 97-The thing you love about HBK's matches is that they tell a story. DX locked out while HBK was trying to get a way out while they were locking the cage door. HBK runs from Taker and Taker finally catches him. HBK does something cheap like a lowblow or cheats to gain back the advantage. Attacks the camera man and Taker sits up after a Sweet chin music so HBK gets out while camera man is getting taken out. Taker sending HBKs head to the cage multiple times while HBK climbs the cage to get away from Taker only to get put through the table. Back in the ring with locks back on the cage. Taker signals Tombstone only for the lights to go out to see the debut of Kane. Faceoff than Tombstone to Taker than HBK covers for the 1,2,3!! Debut, story, and a great match.

#3: Cactus Jack vs HHH No Way Out 2000-I never liked HHH especially at this time. I was pro Rock at the time and rooted for Cactus to win. This may be this high just based on the emotion of the match. Cactus put his career on the line in the match for a chance to main event WM. All DX did was torment him leading up to the match. Put multiple chains on the door so Cactus could not get out, but he launched steel steps at HHH where he got out of the way. Broke through the cage so Cactus could get out. HHH climbed to get away while Cactus failed a ton of times to get a cage up at the top of the Cell. Barbie he took up to the Cell with him. Put it on fire up there to hit HHH in the face with. Tried to the piledriver only to be sent through the cage to break through the ring. HHH trying to buy time for Foley arguing with the ref. HHH finished him off, but it was a great match with all the emotion involved. Great story as well.

#4: Lesnar vs Undertaker No Mercy 02-This match made Lesnar legit. Buildup was solid in telling the story of the match with Taker's broken hand. Trying to take the cast off so Taker could not use it as a weapon. Heyman being annoying outside and getting bloody as well. I don't believe I seen Taker bleed like he did in that match vs Lesnar.

#5: HHH vs HBK Bad Blood 04-It bothers me that when you talk about HIAC matches that this misses the list. The match that I had hoped ended the long fued between HHH/HBK. They put on one helluva match inside the Hell in a Cell without having to leave the Cell. Doing submission holds, weapons, and so forth to have you on the edge of your seat til the end of the match.

5 Worst HIAC matches excluding the Raw HIAC matches:

#1: Bossman vs Taker WM15-Didn't even make the HIAC DVD set....need I say more?

#2: Nash vs HHH Bad Blood 03-One could make the case that Nash/HHH should be the worst ever just based on expectations. Bossman vs Taker was a midcard match. Nash vs HHH was a main event of the ppv.

#3: DX vs Big Show/McMahons Unforgiven 06-Boring match that ended with Vince kissing Show's backside.

#4: Jericho vs HHH Judgment Day 02-Boring.....sad to say it ended on the top of the Cell.

#5: Taker vs Edge Summerslam 08-Some folks liked it calling it one of the best HIAC matches all-time in which I strongly disagree because it was a give and take HIAC match. You do your big move and than I'll do mine sort of thing where Edge/Taker recovered from moves faster than they wouldn't normally.

Best tag teams all-time, Best cage matches, Summerslam biggest moments are coming soon. Stay tuned......hope you enjoyed this blog. Any cage matches, tag teams you think should make my top 10 list.....leave in the comments below for me to consider.

Submit "Top 5 worst and best HIAC matches of all-time!!!" to Digg Submit "Top 5 worst and best HIAC matches of all-time!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 worst and best HIAC matches of all-time!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 worst and best HIAC matches of all-time!!!" to Google

Comments

Nash-Triple H and Edge-Taker were both fantastic HIAC matches...dont get where you are coming from there. Really Bossman-Taker is the only bad HIAC match ever.

With that said, your top 5 best are all better than Nash-HHH and Edge-Taker.
    I agree with Philly. There was a tag team hell in a cell where someone I don't even remember beat the piss out of Kane. That one sucked too
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    I agree with Philly. There was a tag team hell in a cell where someone I don't even remember beat the piss out of Kane. That one sucked too
    Wasn't that on Raw and I was excluding those ones.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyraines
    Nash-Triple H and Edge-Taker were both fantastic HIAC matches...dont get where you are coming from there. Really Bossman-Taker is the only bad HIAC match ever.

With that said, your top 5 best are all better than Nash-HHH and Edge-Taker.
    I guess we can agree to disagree. Nash-HHH.........you are the first one that I saw give it a positive review.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Wasn't that on Raw and I was excluding those ones.........
    Yes tHat was on raw. I misread that part of your blog. Apologies.
    yeah that Raw was Austin/Taker vs Mankind/Kane and it was barely a match - mostly was a brawl. Taker ended up beating the crap outta Paul Bearer while Kane tried to get into the cell to stop it - Austin and Mankind fought outside the cage. Was barely a HIAC match...happened 2 weeks prior to the infamous Taker-Mankind HIAC.

I've talked to lots of people who liked the Nash-HHH HIAC. obviously i'm not the only one who liked that match lol It wasnt top 5 all time - but it was a pretty good match.
    i disagree with Jericho/HHH and Taker/Edge.

you should watch Randy Orton vs Mark Henry or Undertaker vs CM Punk

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.