View RSS Feed

irishman101

Reviving the Cruiserweight Division

Rate this Entry
Hey guys Irishman101 here, back with another blog, and today I will be talking about a potential revival of the WWE Cruiserweight Division. I'll be running thru the eligible competitors currently on the roster and who WWE can bring in to build up the CW division yet again. I will also state how I would bring it back to T.V, for the final match of a tourney at WM 29. By the way, the max. weight is 220lbs, but Im sure that if someone is around 225lbs eg. Kofi, WWE will shave off those 5 pounds! Also, CM Punk and D.Bryan are eligible, but I will not include them here because they are ATM too big for this midcard title.

Criteria
1. Max. weight 220lbs
2. Can't be fighting for a different title eg. US, WHC, Tag Team
3. Someone who hasnt been featured enough on TV

Current WWE Superstars Eligible

1. Rey Mysterio- 175lbs
Thats if he's still in the company by next year. I believe he will be as he is a big merch seller. He's also an 8-time CW Champion, so I believe that he can add a bit of credibility into the whole division.

2. Hunico- 205lbs
He hasnt done anything since his badly thought out feud with Sin Cara, which could've been great, after all it was such a complex story-line. Hunico is excellent in the ring, bringing the Lucha Libre style to the ring, making for exciting matches. He needs to ditch Camacho and that stupid low rider bike hes got. Those two guys are just a walking (no sorry, CYCLING) stereotype!

3. Heath Slater- 216lbs
Yup, go ahead laugh it up, but I believe that if WWE gave Heath time on TV, he could get himself over as a heel. Honestly, I dont find him at all bad on the mic. and he might be good in the ring, I've only seen him get squashed :L

4. Jinder Mahal- 222lbs
Mahal will get some sort of push in the coming months, probably a face push because of his Indian connections. What better way to push him than to build him up as a strong Cruiserweight/ Light Heavyweight. If he begins to speak more english and gets into a good fued and gets over with the fans, he could be the first Champ!

5. Justin Gabriel- 223lbs
This guy could be the future, but he wont go anywhere unless there is a Cruiserweight Division. He is mega exciting in the ring, that Four-Fifty Splash is probably my favourite finisher to look at, its unbelievable. Justin could be that face who gets over despite not talking, coz of his exciting in ring style.

6. Sin Cara- 180lbs
When he comes back from his injury, people need to regain familiarity with Sin Cara's character, and hopefully when he comes back, he will be more accustomed to the WWE style of wrestling, and less botching. He should also have learned english by now and I cant wait to see if he is any good on the microphone.

7. Tyson Kidd- 195lbs
I've followed this guy since his time since FCW and enjoyed his work with Harry Smith a lot. Hes great in the ring as you would expect from a guy who's been trained in Stu Harts Dungueon, hes decent on the mic and he has the look of a champion. I would prefer him as a heel.

Now on to the guys in FCW who can make the transition into the WWE roster without much difficulty.

1. Richie Steamboat- 220lbs
2. Seth Rollins- 205lbs
There are others but I believe that two is sufficient

Wrestlers WWE could bring in to help build up CW Division

1. Austin Aries- 210lbs
A Double is my favourite wrestler in TNA and I believe that he is on of the best stick-workers in the business today. Hes also unbelievably good in the ring. WWE should sign this guy up soon, as he is 34 years old. I believe that he could give WWE a good 2 to 3 years of service if hes signed up this year. Possibly more. But the fact he is 34 means it is unlikely WWE will sign him up for the big time that he so richly deserves.

2. Jesse Sorenson- 200lbs
He was getting a great push up until his legit injury against Zema Ion (thanks a lot Ion) And I am sure that if Ion didnt botch that moonsault, he could be the X Division Champion by now. OK so he is out till the end of this year. Have him come back to wrestling with WWE please! He could be great for them. Jesse is only 23 years old, so he could give 15 solid years to the business, so you could give him the classic build. CW Champ, US Champ, Tag Champ, World Champ!

3. Davey Richards-208lbs
Another great Cruiserweight talent. Former ROH World Champ, perfect modern day look, perfect age (29 yrs). Davey is the perfect scoop for WWE, and they shiould sign him up for the CW Division.

How to revive the division on TV

OK, picture the scene, its SmackDown, the Friday after elimination chamber and newly appointed SD GM Mick Foley announces that he wants to bring a fire back to SmackDown which it hasnt had in 5 year, The Crusierweight Division. He has signed up 12 competitors to the division ( he then proceeds to announce them on the titantron. He announces that there will be a tournament to crown a new Cruiserweight Champ, exclusive to the SD brand! How it works is that over this week and next week, there will be 3 singles matches on each show , pitching each man against one another.
Here are the first round matches

Week 1

Justin Gabriel (F) vs Seth Rollins (H)- Gabriel clean
Tyson Kidd (H) vs Jinder Mahal (F)- Tyson via cheating

Week 2

Rey Mysterio (F) vs Heath Slater (H)- Mysterio clean
Davey Richards (F) vs Richie Steamboat (H)- Steamboat by cheating

Week 3

Jesse Sorenson (F) vs Austin Aries (H)- Aries clean
Sin Cara(F) vs Hunico (H)- Sin Cara clean

Then there will be three one vs one matches, leaving 3 men to battle it out for the Title at Wrestlemania!

Week 4
Gabriel vs Tyson Kidd- Kidd clean
Aries vs Sin Cara- Aries via cheating

Week 5
rey Mysterio vs Richie Steamboat- Mysterio w/ help of D.Richards, setting up a Richards/ Steamboat feud for WM29.

That leaves Mysterio, Kidd and Aries to battle it out for the title. Have a triple-threat on SD as a teaser and the winner gets to pick the stip. Aries wins, picking a Ladder match! If theres a MITB match at WM, it will be a regular No-DQ match!

WrestleMania 29
Ladder Match
Aries vs Kidd vs Mysterio

Have aries and Kidd work together to try and take out Mysterio, building up that Ultimate Underdog stuff they do w/ Mysterio, whilst building up Aries and Kidd as heels. Have it come down to Aries and Kidd, and Kidd throws him off the ladder to the ground below. Tyson has it in his grasp when Mysterio appears outta nowhere and hits him with a Hurracanrana of the ladder, and then a 619. He begins to climb the ladder. But then, chair in hand, Aries gets in the ring, repeatedly strikes Mysterio on the back till he falls into an Aries Powerbomb onto the steel chair. Aries climbs the ladder and hauls down the title!

Aftermath

Have Aries and Mysterio go into a feud, with Aries coming out on top, as Rey is old and finished whereas Aries could have a World Title push as he doesnt do as much of that high-flying Lucha Libre style. On his way to the World Title, have Aries drop the title to Kidd, who gets a good strong reign outta this!

Submit "Reviving the Cruiserweight Division" to Digg Submit "Reviving the Cruiserweight Division" to del.icio.us Submit "Reviving the Cruiserweight Division" to StumbleUpon Submit "Reviving the Cruiserweight Division" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Many many people have constantly spoke out about getting many things revived. Cruiserweight division, Hardcore title, etc. While you have tons of good ideas, there is a lot wrong that I don't think you've fully considered. WWEs title divisions as they stand right now are mostly messed up. WWE and WHC are the only titles that matter fully to the WWE at this point, and really the WWE title more. The US/IC titles don't get enough time or enough talent competing for it to make it all that watchable anymore. The Divas/Womens championship is a ridiculous belt and division. At this point they only have the women around just to avoid being called a sexist company. Lastly, think about how much time this cruiserweight division would get per match. 5 minutes per match? That's not utilizing the full potential of a cruiserweight division, there's a reason it's not around in the WWE anymore.

One more thing, the 3 guys you mentioned to bring into the WWE (Aries/Sorenson/Richards) all don't want to go to the WWE. All have had their shot, and by one way or the other found their way out of it.
    In your dreams you will see a CW title revived again. I totally agree what K-O-W Kings have to say about the CW division. WWE as of right now are not utilizing the IC/US titles on a week-by-week basis, so what does that makes you think they will bring back the CW title? WWE doesn't set up any time filler matches (in RAW and Smackdown) in the CW division anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-O-W KINGS!
    Many many people have constantly spoke out about getting many things revived. Cruiserweight division, Hardcore title, etc. While you have tons of good ideas, there is a lot wrong that I don't think you've fully considered. WWEs title divisions as they stand right now are mostly messed up. WWE and WHC are the only titles that matter fully to the WWE at this point, and really the WWE title more. The US/IC titles don't get enough time or enough talent competing for it to make it all that watchable anymore. The Divas/Womens championship is a ridiculous belt and division. At this point they only have the women around just to avoid being called a sexist company. Lastly, think about how much time this cruiserweight division would get per match. 5 minutes per match? That's not utilizing the full potential of a cruiserweight division, there's a reason it's not around in the WWE anymore.

One more thing, the 3 guys you mentioned to bring into the WWE (Aries/Sorenson/Richards) all don't want to go to the WWE. All have had their shot, and by one way or the other found their way out of it.
    dont get me wrong, I KNOW WWE wont revive the CW division. I just saw something about it on the forums and decided to write up a blog on what I believe they could do to revive. But i mean come on, would you not look foward to that triple threat match at WM29?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.