View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 20 best Diva moments/matches in the history of WWE!!

Rate this Entry
My last blog featured the 10 best rivalries of all-time in the Divas division. Which of course means beginning in 1998-present. Moolah, Madusa, and so forth were not considered or were called Divas during their time. So don't expect them to make this list.

1.HHH/Trish vs Rock/Lita Raw main event-I believe the first time Divas were ever featured in the main event which is why it is #1.
2.Trish vs Lita Unforgiven 06-Put on one helluva match fans were into it before the bell rang. In my opinion, Trish's biggest moment in WWE.
3.Lita vs Trish Raw 2004-First ever Divas main event match on Monday Night Raw. Ended up being a great match and a great moment in Lita's career.
4.6 pack challenge Survivor Series 01-The match is what I call a new era in the Divas division post Chyna, Sable, Luna, and so forth. Trish won her first women's title that night. Led the women's division to great things.
5.WM14 Sable/Mero vs Goldust/Luna-First time since WM10 you saw women compete. Luna/Sable rivalry revived the women's division that we know now as Divas division.
6.Stephanie McMahon vs Trish No Way Out 01-First rivalry Trish really had where people wanted to see these two go at it. Daddy's little girl vs Daddy's new girl I guess one could say. Still one of Trish's fav matches ever.
7.Trish vs Mickie WM22-Crowd in Chicago wanted Mickie to win. Fans wanted to see that match. Probably the last great WM match everyone was looking forward to. Now you got celebs always being involved.
8.Victoria vs Trish Survivor Series 02-Probably the first hardcore match in the Divas division at that time. Victoria/Trish rivalry is probably the best Trish rivalry she ever had because you could feel the actual tense hate between the two in the story leading up to the match. Blood involved as well.
9.Lita vs Stephanie McMahon Raw 2000-DX battling with the Hardyz on the outside while the match was going on. Crowd into it and gave huge ovation when Lita won her first women's title. Probably the biggest moment in Lita's career.
10.Y2J/Christian vs Lita/Trish Armaggeddon 03-Christian/Y2J bet led to this match thanks to Bischoff. A match the crowd wanted to see and were emotionally invested in. That is what is missed in the Divas division now days. Same goes for the tag titles and midcard championships.
11.Victoria vs Lita-First Divas cage match, need I say more?
12.Melina vs Beth Phoenix Extreme Rules-I quit match and Beth being so much larger than Melina. Fans rooting for her from bell to bell. Put on one helluva match.
13.Sable vs Luna Unforgiven 98-First ever evening gown match between the two and was the first WWE ppv I saw at my uncle's house.
14.Mickie vs Beth Phoenix Raw 08-Believe it was the first time in several tries that Mickie beat her for the women's championship.
15.Jazz vs Victoria vs Trish WM19-First WM she left with the women's title despite having two Divas out for her along with Stevie Richards.
16.Gail Kim wins 2003 Raw battle Royal-First night in the company and wins the women's championship.
17.Beth Phoenix vs Mickie vs Melina Judgment Day 08-These divas went at it and put on a show in the triple threat match. Beth Phoenix backbreaker to both divas on her shoulders had fans buzzing. Great match!!
18.Michelle McCool vs Natalya GAB-First Divas champion is a great honor to have and big moment for Michelle McCool in her career.
19.Chyna vs Ivory WM17-Chyna wins first women's title and becomes the only Diva in WWE history to win both the women's and IC title. Would have been higher if the match had not lasted like 3 seconds.
20.Melina vs Michelle McCool NOC-Unification match for Divas/Women's title in a lumberjack match which Michelle McCool wins!!

There you have it, top 20 Diva moments/matches in WWE history. Hope you enjoyed because in my next blog I will bring to you a much shorter blog featuring the best Divas never to win the women's title. Got any considerations? Leave them in the comment section for me to consider.

Submit "Top 20 best Diva moments/matches in the history of WWE!!" to Digg Submit "Top 20 best Diva moments/matches in the history of WWE!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 20 best Diva moments/matches in the history of WWE!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 20 best Diva moments/matches in the history of WWE!!" to Google

Updated 05-11-2012 at 09:16 PM by TheGreatOne (title)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You really have a hard on for Trish and Lita I see lol. Molly Holly vs Ms Jackie hardcore match (honestly I can't remember when it was and I'm not 100% it was Jackie) My memory sucks but I remember it being the most brutal Divas match I ever saw. They fought all over the arena
    Good list. Personally, I would have placed Mickie James and Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 22 higher on the list. The wrestling was comparable, in not better than much of the men’s wrestling aired on current Raw’s. You are right, the Chicago crowd was alive for the match, so much so that JR and King commented on it several times concerning their support of the then heel, James. It also included one of the most interesting ways to avoid Stratusfaction. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by HaVoC
    Good list. Personally, I would have placed Mickie James and Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 22 higher on the list. The wrestling was comparable, in not better than much of the men’s wrestling aired on current Raw’s. You are right, the Chicago crowd was alive for the match, so much so that JR and King commented on it several times concerning their support of the then heel, James. It also included one of the most interesting ways to avoid Stratusfaction. LOL!
    Where I had the match when typing it, I felt the same that it should be higher. Some in the bottom half of the 20 I forgot to add when I made the list so I just posted them towards the end. Mickie vs Trish should probably be top 5. Again, this is just to show some much needed love to a division that hasn't been the same in recent years.
    How about the Raw match in 2003. Trish vs. Gail Kim and Molly Holly. Molly and Gail beat
    Trish and post match try to tear Trish apart, when out of the back comes running Lita, after a one year absence to save Trish and decimate Gail and Molly. Best Lita moment...ever.
    Good list dude. Lita vs Trish + Raw main event= Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone
    You really have a hard on for Trish and Lita I see lol. Molly Holly vs Ms Jackie hardcore match (honestly I can't remember when it was and I'm not 100% it was Jackie) My memory sucks but I remember it being the most brutal Divas match I ever saw. They fought all over the arena
    I thought people would hate on me for not having Lita more on the list because she virtually has none on this list without Trish. I forgot about Molly Holly vs Jackie. I was going to put Molly Holly vs Trish in a bra and panties match on Raw because that was when her granny panties were exposed, but I left it off for first Divas title match and the unification.
    Quote Originally Posted by kohnk85
    How about the Raw match in 2003. Trish vs. Gail Kim and Molly Holly. Molly and Gail beat
    Trish and post match try to tear Trish apart, when out of the back comes running Lita, after a one year absence to save Trish and decimate Gail and Molly. Best Lita moment...ever.
    Look it up on youtube and check it out hopefully if it is on there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.