View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Brock at SummerSlam & Top WWE Divas

Rate this Entry
Brock Lesnar has been rumored to face HHH at Summerslam. I for one, don't want that to happen. Who should face Brock Lesnar at Summerslam? Just look at the history of the ppv and tell me who he should face? All arrows point to one WWE superstar.....Randy Orton!! Why Randy Orton? Just look at the history of Summerslam ppv. What did Brock do in 2002? Become the youngest WWE champ in the history of the biz. What did Orton do in 2004? Become the youngest world champion in the history of the WWE. Both without question in the top 10 biggest moments in that events history. Which makes it the most perfect match you can have at Summerslam.

HHH's track record at Summerslam stinks in comparison. His biggest moment came I believe in 1998 winning the IC title in a ladder match vs the Rock. That is his greatest win at the event. Just look at the track record: 1999 and 2000 lost triple threat match in the main event, 2001 missed being out with injury, 2002 lost to HBK, 2003 use a sledge hammer to retain his title in the Chamber....in my opinion one of the worst moments in that events history, 2004 vs Eugene, 2005 not at the event taking time off, 2006 vs McMahons, 2007 vs King Booker, 2008 vs Khali, 2009 vs Legacy. Just the list shows how terrible his resume truly is. Yea, you beat Eugene, McMahons, King Booker, Khali, and so forth at Summerslam. Does anyone want to remember those moments at all?

When you look back at Orton and Lesnar's careers in the WWE, everyone is going to look back at Summerslams 2002 and 2004. Let us give some love to the special event that is Summerslam. When these two clash, you will look at their career defining moments at that event. With HHH you'll just be talking about the stupid fake broken arm. Us fans want to look back at the great moments at Summerslam. Not HHH vs Lesnar not talking about the history Lesnar has at that event. The history talking in the promos will make that event special again for once. Not have some stupid main event thrown together like Cena vs Orton again, Rey vs Chavo again, and so forth. Summerslam hasn't lived up to the bill in recent years. Punk losing the title after Nash gave him the powerbomb? Nexus losing to team WWE? Cena/Orton match restarting more times than I care to count, Batista/Cena one ending with an injury, Orton losing to Cena in first meeting since Raw tribute to Eddie, Edge cheating to beat Cena again, HBK oversells vs Hogan. Let us get one Summerslam right please!!

Book Lesnar vs Orton!! Tell me a better case scenario other than a Summerslam event for the match between Orton vs Lesnar. It isn't like Orton has someone to face at the event or anything. Who hasn't he faced dozens of times?

Top 5 Best Divas never to win the women's title:
1.Luna-Luna/Sable storyline is what helped bring back the women's title because fans actually wanted to see the two women fight over the men wrestlers. Don't believe see WM 14 intergender match. I think it is shame she never did win that belt. She deserves in the HOF without question because she was the one who brought women's wrestling back to the WWE. What made her rivalry so unique with Sable was that she was different in every way you can think. Sable was nice, gorgeous, and had a nice body while Luna was mean, screechy voice, scary looking in more way than one.
2.Torrie Wilson-I never did understand why she never won the women's title. Body, looks, and support from the crowd. She had some decent fueds on Smackdown that interested the fans without even a title being on the line. Her fued with Dawn Marie was probably the best and Sable was pretty good as well. I thought she would have a title run on Raw when she was traded to SD in 2005 in a package with Candice for Christy and Stacy Keibler. She never did end up winning the belt o.
3.Dawn Marie-Mainly featured during her career in the WWE on Smackdown as was Torrie Wilson. Competed in various competitions and matches. Had some interesting rivalries including Torrie Wilson, Jackie Gayda, and so forth. Dawn did have a connection with the crowd where she could make them really react to her while on the mic or during her fueds. She had the body, looks and the reaction from the crowd. She might not have been a 5 star in ring talent, but Candice Michelle wasn't either.
4.Stacy Keibler + Sunny tie-Why a tie? Because they are very familiar in what they brought to the table to the WWE. Did Stacy or Sunny compete in the ring? I don't recall Sunny ever competing in the ring one on one. Most of it may have to do with her in ring work or maybe it was because most of her tenure in the WWE, the title was no longer there because of the trash can incident in WCW. Stacy however did compete on rare occassions mostly in pillow fights or something like that. They were both managers though that were bigger than the wrestlers they managed. They both got a solid reaction from the crowds heel or face. Of course had the looks and body to go along with it.

There's my 5 along with a Brock Lesnar rant. Thanks for reading!!

Submit "Brock at SummerSlam & Top WWE Divas" to Digg Submit "Brock at SummerSlam & Top WWE Divas" to del.icio.us Submit "Brock at SummerSlam & Top WWE Divas" to StumbleUpon Submit "Brock at SummerSlam & Top WWE Divas" to Google

Updated 05-14-2012 at 06:57 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Next time you should split this into two blogs. I don't really understand your point about Lesnar vs. Triple H being bad. You are saying that because Triple H has lost at Summerslam a lot before or not been in that many memorable matches that putting him against Lesnar will make it a bad match?
    There doesn't need to be a history lesson behind the match. Someone mentioned before in another blog or something that it would take ages to give the history of two guys like this. Firstly it's that far back that a lot of the audience wouldn't have seen or known about any of these things. And explaining all this would just make an extra long promo that takes up time that could be used on a match. This is a good storyline and easy to keep up with. People get uninterested when there are things they haven't seen or don't know. This is actually built on a good base, better than the age they became champ.
    The women's title list at the end was a little random, and Sunny should NEVER win any wrestling title - what about Jillian, Natalya, Tori, Katie Lea?Torrie was set to win the Divas title, but had to retire due to her injury. Stacy was also supposed to beat Trish for the Women's title but she dropped it because she didn't feel she was good enough for the title.
    Brock v Punk or Brock v Sheamus would interest me far more than Brock v Orton.
    What loses me is how you talk about Brock like he has some sort of rich history at Summer Slam. He's only been around for 2 years. He only participated in 2 Summer Slams. Not much history there.

Not only that, but even if there were similarities, it's all about what's going to draw for the second biggest PPV of the year. Somehow, even though it's going to be a long, boring build...HHH vs Brock will draw more interest, hands down.
    Brock and Orton I just wouldnt want 2 c unless its a street fight like the match Orton had with Rhodes because Orton has almost become like Cena , I feel he has become 2 complacent

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.