View RSS Feed

Mr_Acquiesce

The Importance Of The Hardcore Title

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, back with another blog after my Steve Blackman blog seemed to do pretty well (if you have read it, thank you) and obviously his later WWE career was based around the hardcore title so I decided my 2nd blog would be about that very thing.

Back in the day, I dont think the Hardcore Title was seen as an important title, until they took it away. Sure, it was a title that mid carders were given and challenged for, but back then they're were so many titles for mid carders, such as the intercontinental, european, and light heavyweight titles. Nowadays, its just the intercontinental and the U.S title that the mid carders have to battle for, and now they are using the after thoughts like Kofi Kingston & R- truth to go for the Tag Team titles. Make sense? Didn't think so.

If you look at the holders of the Intercontinental title within the last 5 years, compared to the talent that held the Hardcore title when it was active, it is so obvious that the talent in WWE has gone way downhill. To be able to put great wrestlers like Steve Blackman, Tazz & RVD in contention for the HC title just goes to the depth of the roster back then. Imagine if they reinstated it with the present day roster, guys like Zack Ryder, Alex Riley and even Hornswoggle would probably be in contention for it. I think it's off retired and we have the memories of yester-year. For a title that didnt mean much to a fan when it was around, we sure as hell miss it now, and the superstars that held it.

Would it be a good idea to reinstate the Hardcore title? What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading

Peace

Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to Digg Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to del.icio.us Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to Google

Tags: hardcore, wwf
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Chapel
    Doesn't Edge have the classic Heardcore Championship?
    I think Heyman ruined it for them when he did this promo on Foley saying he prostituted his name, legacy, and wouldn't let him do it to hardcore.
    One of the reasons the Hardcore belt became so under-valued is due to the fact that you had people with so many double digit reigns. I understand Raven and his underhanded tactics to get the belt, but 20+ times is enough. Either the guy needs to move to a new belt, or it is just a sign of how limited he truly will be in the WWE and needs to move on in him career. Hardcore title should remain retired.

I am, however, a fan of bringing back the Cruiser or European title so long as stipulations upon having the belt are tagged onto it. European title defended in strong style wrestling matches, or old style rules of "No top rop/tossing to the outside." Make it a pure wrestling belt to reflect the European influence on wrestling.

Same with the Cruiser Championship. Cap the division @ 235-240lbs. and mandate that the age limit to hold the belt be under 30-35. Think it would be a good idea, but the Hardcore belt needs to remain where it's at.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.