View RSS Feed

B-ri

Leave the Memories Alone

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, me again. I know, 2 blogs in 2 days is a lot for me but I felt this was appropriate and I know this has been mentioned a thousand times but it's something I feel is particularly important in our industry that we love so much today. I just found this video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51Vz...ture=endscreen

Now for anyone who can't be bothered watching the video (I don't blame you, it is quite painful) basically the video chronicles TNA from some of it's best moments up to mid 2009 and then the disparity of the past few years. Again I know many people have made blogs about TNA and Hogan and Bitchoff (Thanks Scotty!) but I want a chance to air my opinion. TNA today SUCKS.

It's just embarrassing. I mean quite literally. I used to love watching TNA on Bravo here in the UK. The X division was awesome, the tag teams, perfection & the main event scene was brilliance. The likes of Angle, Styles, Joe, Sting, Nash (who had his up and downs but as a part of the Mafia was brilliant), Booker T, Mick Foley, Jarrett(unfortunately) it worked fantastically. Fair enough, the upper card was a bit legends heavy however they were mostly there to build the company, put over younger guys and there was still a lot of tv time for the X division and the ACTUAL WRESTLERS.

We could spend all day reminiscing but anyway, on with the blog. The problems now are just ridiculous. Hogan and Bitchoff spending all day kissing each other's asses, Ric Flair (THE MAN) wrestling half naked, TNA basically advertising for WWE has beens (and I'm not talking about legends), it really makes me sad because TNA had so much potential and they are DESTROYING the company.

If you jump on Youtube, Scott Steiner actually did a shoot promo back in WCW saying very similar to what he has said in recent weeks and it's almost foreshadowing the problems TNA would have.

I want this to be an interactive blog so please, comment and tell me:
1) Your favourite TNA moment
2) What you think the issues TNA have are
3) Whether you agree or not

Thanks very much guys, I look forward to receiving any and all comments & any feedback at all is appreciated!

Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to Digg Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to del.icio.us Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to StumbleUpon Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the first tna match i watched was an x division match that styles was in. It had an x shaped ladder above the ring and it was awesome. I believe christopher daniels was in it too.
    Top 3 TNA pre-2010 moments

1) Aj vs. LowKi vs. Lynn ladder match.
    2) Don't fire EY / Petey FRIGGIN Williams
    3) Joe vs. Daniels vs. Styles (Angle as a whole was awesome, but that image of Joe carrying the towel with Daniels blood on it was Epic)

Current list
    1) Bringing A Double in to truly "SAVE" the X Division from the botch of an Angle that was "Abyss kills the X Division" - (Read my blogs to find out my true opinion on that one)
    2)"I do some of my best wrestling in my underwear" - Eric Young on his honeymoon
    3)OFN/Gut Check concept (Minus giving Silva a contract)

To fix the problems with TNA is to do what they feel they can't:

They left the Asylum for the Impact Zone, now it's time to leave the Zone for the fans.

The weeks of pre-recorded matches help wrestlers with slacked schedules but it also hurts the product when angles are not interesting but have to continue for WEEKS of agony before a new set of tapings airs.

They should be pushing MUCH more young talent, but released many of them for people performing the same matches I have seen for years now.

Number 1 problem? Hogan with a mic. Cut him down to 1 on screen appearance a show and the rest will fall in line.

I agree with much of your point of view, but I am probably the only person in the IWC that feels that Hogan can still be of value in TNA. As the GM he works, but not when he is on screen every other segment. I felt this past week was better with the "Sacrifice for Sacrifice" intro, but I hate when he uses WWE terms (i.e. Fatal Four way has been coined by the E Universe and I am honestly quite shocked Vince hasn't trademarked it yet... I think they should name matches like this in their own manor as ECW did with the Dances). That might be a petty complaint from me, but the fact remains that a GM should be someone with the cred to fit the role. Sting as a non-active wrestler was my ULTIMATE choice. Jarrett would fit the role as well. But these guys HAVE to remain outside the ring and out of the spotlight to pull it off accurately to which I am doubtful that Hogan will accept. Good blog though my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin

3) Joe vs. Daniels vs. Styles (Angle as a whole was awesome, but that image of Joe carrying the towel with Daniels blood on it was Epic)

Current list
    1) Bringing A Double in to truly "SAVE" the X Division from the botch of an Angle that was "Abyss kills the X Division" - (Read my blogs to find out my true opinion on that one)
    2)"I do some of my best wrestling in my underwear" - Eric Young on his honeymoon

They left the Asylum for the Impact Zone, now it's time to leave the Zone for the fans.

The weeks of pre-recorded matches help wrestlers with slacked schedules but it also hurts the product when angles are not interesting but have to continue for WEEKS of agony before a new set of tapings airs.

They should be pushing MUCH more young talent, but released many of them for people performing the same matches I have seen for years now.

Number 1 problem? Hogan with a mic. Cut him down to 1 on screen appearance a show and the rest will fall in line.

I agree with much of your point of view, but I am probably the only person in the IWC that feels that Hogan can still be of value in TNA. As the GM he works, but not when he is on screen every other segment. I felt this past week was better with the "Sacrifice for Sacrifice" intro, but I hate when he uses WWE terms (i.e. Fatal Four way has been coined by the E Universe and I am honestly quite shocked Vince hasn't trademarked it yet... I think they should name matches like this in their own manor as ECW did with the Dances). That might be a petty complaint from me, but the fact remains that a GM should be someone with the cred to fit the role. Sting as a non-active wrestler was my ULTIMATE choice. Jarrett would fit the role as well. But these guys HAVE to remain outside the ring and out of the spotlight to pull it off accurately to which I am doubtful that Hogan will accept. Good blog though my man.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I must admit I haven't watched TNA in around 2 months but I've been reading the spoilers on line. (Anyone who read my other blog knows how little time I have at the moment) I think Hogan COULD be of value to TNA but currently he is running them into the ground. I think the issue is Hogan has had so many problems over the last 5 years that he wants to exist in a happier time, which was when he was in WWE(F) & WCW so he's using TNA to "comfort" himself into believing he is still the biggest guy in this industry, despite the fact he hasn't been for coming up on 20 years.
    I agree with your take on things, thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin

Current list

which aj v joe v daniels match you talking about? i want to check it out on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    which aj v joe v daniels match you talking about? i want to check it out on youtube
    I believe he is referring to their triple threat for the X-Division title in 2005. 5=star rated match.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar

I was referring to the 2005-2006 AJ/Daniels/Joe angle as a whole. Check out the following PPVs and as many Impacts as possible in the between time.

Destination X 2005 < Ultimate X Match where Daniels began his Longest Reign (Which Aries just beat)
    Unbreakable 2005 - < 5 star rated 3 way match (best match in TNA History)
    Genesis 2005 < Joe’s Towel + Daniel’s Blood = Great way to show Joe as a badass
    Turning Point 2006 < Joe showing off his DOMINANCE again/Code of Honor?
    Final Resolution 2006 < Build the Angle of the bond between friends
    Against All Odds 2006
    < Another spectacular outing to show off these guys talents
    Destination X 2006 < Conclusion of how to build up a monster without hurting your other talent,

If you can find the impacts on the in between it will help to further the build to all three sides of the angle. If not, it will still give you a taste of how great the all around feud of “can you top this” truly was. It began as just a battle between Daniels and Styles, but the angle helped me to truly appreciate what these three guys can do when they are trying to please the fans and not trying to help management appease the sponsors.
    Updated 05-13-2012 at 09:44 AM by Darkside Ron Garvin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.