View RSS Feed

B-ri

Leave the Memories Alone

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, me again. I know, 2 blogs in 2 days is a lot for me but I felt this was appropriate and I know this has been mentioned a thousand times but it's something I feel is particularly important in our industry that we love so much today. I just found this video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51Vz...ture=endscreen

Now for anyone who can't be bothered watching the video (I don't blame you, it is quite painful) basically the video chronicles TNA from some of it's best moments up to mid 2009 and then the disparity of the past few years. Again I know many people have made blogs about TNA and Hogan and Bitchoff (Thanks Scotty!) but I want a chance to air my opinion. TNA today SUCKS.

It's just embarrassing. I mean quite literally. I used to love watching TNA on Bravo here in the UK. The X division was awesome, the tag teams, perfection & the main event scene was brilliance. The likes of Angle, Styles, Joe, Sting, Nash (who had his up and downs but as a part of the Mafia was brilliant), Booker T, Mick Foley, Jarrett(unfortunately) it worked fantastically. Fair enough, the upper card was a bit legends heavy however they were mostly there to build the company, put over younger guys and there was still a lot of tv time for the X division and the ACTUAL WRESTLERS.

We could spend all day reminiscing but anyway, on with the blog. The problems now are just ridiculous. Hogan and Bitchoff spending all day kissing each other's asses, Ric Flair (THE MAN) wrestling half naked, TNA basically advertising for WWE has beens (and I'm not talking about legends), it really makes me sad because TNA had so much potential and they are DESTROYING the company.

If you jump on Youtube, Scott Steiner actually did a shoot promo back in WCW saying very similar to what he has said in recent weeks and it's almost foreshadowing the problems TNA would have.

I want this to be an interactive blog so please, comment and tell me:
1) Your favourite TNA moment
2) What you think the issues TNA have are
3) Whether you agree or not

Thanks very much guys, I look forward to receiving any and all comments & any feedback at all is appreciated!

Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to Digg Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to del.icio.us Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to StumbleUpon Submit "Leave the Memories Alone" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Some of my favorite moments..there r many though!! I'll write those which comes to my mind now..n these r not in any particular order..

1. AJ Styles vs Joe vs Christopher daniels
    2. Kurt Angle Vs Samoan Joe (first two matches)
    3. James Storm Chasing Rhino in Bars (I loved the rivalry for some reason..that's pure GOLD..)
    4. My all time fav promo of TNA is from one my all time fav.s Instant Classic Christian Cage's promo with Rhino immediately after his heel turn..emotionally blackmailing Rhino to hit with the chair n at the end of the minute he hits Rhino with the chair..that's pure GOLD!!
    5. Styles Vs Daniels 30Minutes Iron man match
    6. Styles Vs Abyss in the first ever Lethal Lockdown PPV...that's pure Gold..styles powerbombing Abyss from the cage wall is awesome..n styles clash on thumbstacks is pure gold..
    7. Beer Money Inc Vs MCMG Best of 5!!
    Updated 05-11-2012 at 02:14 AM by Sahu
    TNA now is sucking...they are wasting time on talking and who's talking?? Hulk Hogan, Bitchoff (Thanx Scotty ), Flair and Sting...I Love STing..but they should not waste time on them...esp when ppl like roode n Storm (in my opinion esp Storm) r gr8 at promo work...

Another thing is misusing of the talent..see some one like Christopher Daniels who is a gr8 performer..what they are doing with him?? For majority of his TNA career..he's with AJ..come on...no matter how gr8 they are...it gets bored down to see them fighting for 10yrs now...put him against some one like AA you'll have quality matches..Joe is someone they r misusing...

Garret beating Gunner??I'm not a fan of Gunner boy..but pls, this is too much...

If rumors are true, n if Batista joins TNA..it would be gr8!! He can be the difference maker...let him and AJ work for a rivalry as they both had exchanged words previously....then, Batista Vs Joe would be an awesome one...
    Updated 05-11-2012 at 09:26 AM by Sahu
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie P Jr
    My favortie TNA moment is actually the build up and match between Raven and Jeff Jarrett in the begining stages of the company . I was really suprised how this match captured my attention as I am mostly a WWE fan .

The issues with TNA , I guess is the amount of interviews and talk they do . I can't stand watching a TNA show and they talk for 15 minutes - its boring . They need more action and let's be honest , if the talking actually lasted this long week in and week out - Who would have bought there weekly pay-per-views in the begining stages of the company ?

I do agree with your blog and hope you write more .
    Thanks very much man!
    Good shout on the Raven/Jarrett feud, had completely forgotten about that!
    You make a very good point about the over talking, quite a change from even 2/3years ago, such a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    Some of my favorite moments..there r many though!! I'll write those which comes to my mind now..n these r not in any particular order..

1. AJ Styles vs Joe vs Christopher daniels
    2. Kurt Angle Vs Samoan Joe (first two matches)
    3. James Storm Chasing Rhino in Bars (I loved the rivalry for some reason..that's pure GOLD..)
    4. My all time fav promo of TNA is from one my all time fav.s Instant Classic Christian Cage's promo with Rhino immediately after his heel turn..emotionally blackmailing Rhino to hit with the chair n at the end of the minute he hits Rhino with the chair..that's pure GOLD!!
    5. Styles Vs Daniels 30Minutes Iron man match
    6. Styles Vs Abyss in the first ever Lethal Lockdown PPV...that's pure Gold..styles powerbombing Abyss from the cage wall is awesome..n styles clash on thumbstacks is pure gold..
    7. Beer Money Inc Vs MCMG Best of 5!!
    Great shout for the matches, clearly an old TNA fan, interesting how few people in their favourite memories have listed anything in the past 2 years!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    TNA now is sucking...they are wasting time on talking and who's talking?? Hulk Hogan, Bitchoff (Thanx Scotty ), Flair and Sting...I Love STing..but they should not waste time on them...esp when ppl like roode n Storm (in my opinion esp Storm) r gr8 at promo work...

Another thing is misusing of the talent..see some one like Christopher Daniels who is a gr8 performer..what they are doing with him?? For majority of his TNA career..he's with AJ..come on...no matter how gr8 they are...it gets bored down to see them fighting for 10yrs now...put him against some one like AA you'll have quality matches..Joe is someone they r misusing...

Garret beating Gunner??I'm not a fan of Gunner boy..but pls, this is too much...

If rumors are true, n if Batista joins TNA..it would be gr8!! He can be the difference maker...let him and AJ work for a rivalry as they both had exchanged words previously....then, Batista Vs Joe would be an awesome one...
    Batista vs Joe is just mouth-watering! Not sure about Batista vs Styles but Styles could possibly work with anyone. Plus I can't see Batista going to TNA personally, but you can never say never!
    1. Kurt Angle's Debut

2. Trying to make the company WCW 2.0, Hogan & Bischoff, Getting rid of the 6-Sided Ring, Killing the Push of The Pope, Guys like Hogan constantly mentioning the WWE in outside interviews instead of putting over the current product.

3. Damn skippy I agree with you, great blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by knox
    1. Kurt Angle's Debut

2. Trying to make the company WCW 2.0, Hogan & Bischoff, Getting rid of the 6-Sided Ring, Killing the Push of The Pope, Guys like Hogan constantly mentioning the WWE in outside interviews instead of putting over the current product.

3. Damn skippy I agree with you, great blog.
    Thanks man, I LOVED Angle's debut.
    The removal of the 6 sided ring was one of my biggest annoyances. I mean that was what really helped to make TNA unique & interesting with the varying match choices.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.