View RSS Feed

B-ri

Is Superstars the NXT answer?!

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, this is another attempt at a blog (my last few haven't been posted for some reason) and this is a blog I've wanted to do for a while which may indeed improve quite a topical point amongst the IWC. What if, instead of moaning & bitching, we all switch over and watch NXT/Superstars.

First of all, before I get into my blog. A little bit about myself. I'm 17 and started watching wrestling in the early 2000's. I've spent a lot of time reading up and watching old TV episodes as well as documentaries to build up what (in my opinion) is quite a deep wrestling knowledge. Anyway, on with the blog...

Now before people start hating, there is some logic behind this idea of supporting NXT & Superstars more:
1- Often people complain about the quality of commentary on RAW & Smackdown. If you flick over to NXT you have William Regal & Matt Striker, a far better & more entertaining outlet. On Superstars you have Matt Striker and Josh Mathews, again a more competent and interesting team. Both of these teams are vast improvements on Jerry Lawler's cheesy, unbelievable commentary and (although it's improving) Booker T's rambling.

2- Often people complain about particular superstars who they feel do not get enough TV time. NXT has some of the best pure wrestling on any WWE programming. Such great wrestlers as Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Titus O'neil, Darren Young (Although they have both been promoted to the main roster now), Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks to name a few. It gives the world a chance to see the future WWE prospects as well as some of the lesser known stars.

3- You actually have the chance to see quality "divas" wrestling rather than the 2 minute tag matches on Raw/Smackdown. They even had an all divas season of NXT.

All in all, NXT & Superstars have great potential and personally I feel if we all pull together and watch these shows in masses then we have an opportunity to show WWE what we want to see more of in terms of quality wrestling.

Thanks for reading and I welcome any feedback or questions!

Submit "Is Superstars the NXT answer?!" to Digg Submit "Is Superstars the NXT answer?!" to del.icio.us Submit "Is Superstars the NXT answer?!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Is Superstars the NXT answer?!" to Google

Comments

Nice read, what I have to say is that in a week basis I wait for Wednesdays and Thursday to watch both of these shows. Weekly they put better wrestling product than both raw and smackdown together. Sometimes I believe that these hour long shows put even more time in matches in one hour than what raw usually does. Plus although the roster of NXT is very small is very entertaining to see the feuds going on there. Johnny Curtis has a superb gimmick and tyson and henning have that wrasslin' style that is hardly seen nowadays in the E
    I won't lie I haven't watched NXT since Season 2, and that was only because Low Ki was on it. When they did the Divas, I only watched once when Punk was on commentary.
    Season 3 I just didn't even bother with
    And this current season is going on FOREVER. And reminds me of WCW booking.

HOWEVER, Superstars has some really good wrestling from really good wrestlers, and I do catch it from time to time.
    I actually enjoy watching these two shows than the two flagship WWE shows. Especially Superstars. There's not a whole lot of storyline drama there - and believe it or not, the absence of a belt (minus the occasional Tag Team or Divas champion appearance) actually helps the show in my opinion. At first I got offended that guys like Kidd don't get time on the main show rosters, but in hindsight it may be best for them - otherwise they'd get mired in some storyline nonsense and probably buried under the "front line" talent. As far as the commentary goes, as much as I like Booker T in general... don't really care for him as a commentator. William Regal, on the other hand, does great as a commentator and the head honcho of NXT.

Speaking of NXT, I don't quite vibe with their "breakout star" premise, but they do put out some good matches.
    Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, at first I was really put off after season 2 on NXT but having gone back and watched it for the previous few months, it does produce some of the best wrestling!
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbler_jones
    I actually enjoy watching these two shows than the two flagship WWE shows. Especially Superstars. There's not a whole lot of storyline drama there - and believe it or not, the absence of a belt (minus the occasional Tag Team or Divas champion appearance) actually helps the show in my opinion. At first I got offended that guys like Kidd don't get time on the main show rosters, but in hindsight it may be best for them - otherwise they'd get mired in some storyline nonsense and probably buried under the "front line" talent. As far as the commentary goes, as much as I like Booker T in general... don't really care for him as a commentator. William Regal, on the other hand, does great as a commentator and the head honcho of NXT.

Speaking of NXT, I don't quite vibe with their "breakout star" premise, but they do put out some good matches.
    You make an excellent point about being pushed to the back before front line talent. It really does make a difference!
    I honestly hope NXT does not change at all because I love it. JTG I hated so much, I watched him on NXT I love him. Johnny Curtis and Maxine in my opinion is pure gold, the WWE would be stupid too split them up. But, basically NXT= better than RAW and Smackdown.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.