View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts

Rate this Entry
Hey what is up everybody! So in a recent edition of the WBC series, I stated I was going to take a break from doing Uncooked. Well, I've changed my mind yet again haha. I am going to do my darnedest to get an Uncooked out after each Raw, but, if there is a scheduling conflict with other shows on, I may not do one if I don't catch all of Raw. What I mean by that, is I will give you two examples. Next week, there is a new episode of House, the season finale of 2 and a half men, and the season premiere of America's Got Talent. Most likely, I won't watch the first hour of Raw because of this. The following week, is the SERIES finale off House, and another new episode of AGT. Probably won't do one that week other, but from that week on, it should be smooth sailing. I love Monday Night Raw, and I love doing these reviews, I'm just at one of those fickle points where I'm enjoying the product, but I'm not hungry enough to ignore all else to watch it no matter what each week. Don't get me wrong, it is still good....anyways, I am rambling now so I am just going to get right into the review. Let's start with the bad shall we!?

The Bad

John Lauranitus/Angles Involving John
Now this is kind of a broad one. By this I mean, John's promo from Monday, his angle with Cena, the whole getting Show to apologize...I mean..come on. I get it, he is the heel authority figure, but I feel like at this point, Johnny L is getting pushed down our throats. I don't look at him and think "I hate him, or wow, he is doing great at getting over as a heel". I look at him and go "Will someone please replace him already!" I mean, i get the ulterior motive. By putting Laurinitus against Cena, they are hoping Cena will get more cheers than boos, and maybe it is just me, but from what I heard on Cena's Raw interview, there definitely wasn't as many boos as there were 4 months back. Still though, when you take a guy who isn't even a wrestler anymore, and put him with your top guy and push that as the main event for a PPV over what will be a 5 star match with Punk/Bryan, there is something wrong.

The Indifferent

John Cena Promo
Here is why I am indifferent to it. It was a good promo from Cena, but the angle he is in just sucks. With everything that happened with his angle with Brock, I was expecting a change in Cena's character, and I think we are kind of getting it, but I just can't get into this whole John vs John angle. More importantly, if they have Laurinitus beat Cena at OTL, even if they use outside interference...I'm sorry, but it will be the DUMBEST booking in a while. Johnny L isn't Vinnie Mac. People HATED Vinnie Mac. Mr. McMahon was the perfect onscreen character, and I doubt they will ever be able to recreate one was good as him. I feel like thats what the WWE is trying to do in a way here. So, that is why I chose this as indifferent. It was a good promo, bad angle.

The Miz vs Brodus Clay
The match was good. Compared to Clay's other matches, this was good, but here is why it wasn't in the good section. Clay won again. Clay in my opinion has reached that point where he needs to lose. The Miz would have been the perfect one to lose to. Miz is a former champ, he won for Team John at WM, and this would have helped Miz get momentum and direction again. Being the guy to beat the Funkasaurus. That is what it comes down to. Brodus isn't in a storyline, he isn't in a feud, and he is becoming the superbohemoth.

The Good

Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler
This was a short match, but short as it may be, it was good. It had the right kind of flow, and I would really like to see these two work together more. I really really hope that Ziggler gets split from Vickie and Jack though. It's gotten to the point where the idea of those three together, is like when you are chewing gum and it gets stale and all rubbery, you just got to spit it out. Don't get me wrong, I like Vickie, and can even find Jack bearable, but damn it, Ziggler needs something new. Anyways, back to this match. I only give it a 2.5/5 because it was short, but give these guys 15 minutes, and I bet we could easily get a 4/5 star match from these two.

ADR/Jericho vs Orton/Sheamus
Simply put, a good tag match. Definitely different from how tag matches have been as of late. There were honestly 2 or 3 moments where something would happen, and I'd be like "Ok...so and so is definitely going to win", and yet the match would keep going. I must say, definitely an interesting turn having Sheamus "accidentely" boot Orton. I am so hoping for an Orton heel turn this year, and how great would it be if this was the start? I would give this match a 3/5, maybe 3.5/5. I will say this though. As soon as they had Sheamus boot Orton, and Jericho pin Sheamus, I called out "Ok, this is going to be a Fatal Fourway at Over The Limit" as I am sure others saw that coming to. Definitely a good match for Raw.

PAUL MOTHER F***ING HEYMAN!!!!
That is right, Paul Heyman is back! This was the highlight of the night for me. I must say, I wasn't expecting the ending with Heyman saying Brock quit. An excellent promo from Heyman, and I hope this isn't the last we see of him. When Lesnar's music played, and Heyman came out instead, I think I was doing something on my phone and I immediately dropped it with my eyes glued to the TV. It's Paul Freaking Heyman. Anyways, there isn't much I can say that will make this sound even better, all I can say is if you didn't seem Heyman's promo, then here it is to watch!

Lord Tensai/Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk
Ok, so I have come to a conclusion. Lord Tensai sucks. There have been people who have said "Oh but he did amazing in Japan, he did this, he did that, give him time, blah blah blah" Guess what, none of it matters!!! Since coming back to the WWE, he has been a dud. A reincarnation of Albert aka A-Train. The only reason this wasn't in the bad section, is because of Punk and Bryan. I am glad to see this feud dwelve farther, and more intrigued to see where it goes next week. I will say this though, the name change for the labell lock to the YES! lock is annoying, and having Bryan scream YES while having someone in the hold is stupid. Bryan reminds me of Benoit in the ring, but Bryan can cut an excellent promo. To me, he needs to just cut damn good promos, and demolish in the ring. None of this yes crap. Leave that to the fans. Anyways, this match I give a 2/5, but the Bryan/Punk feud I give a 2.5/5. Hopefully next week they kick it up a notch to where I can give this feud a 3.5/5 haha.

Well that is it folks. Hope you enjoyed this edition of Uncooked, as I enjoyed writing it. Until the next time you guys see a blog from me, stay RAW!!!!

Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Uncooked returns! I'm glad to read it and even happier to be one of the first, if not the first, to comment on it.

Great stuff. I'm having Comcast issues right now so I just missed my second consecutive Raw. And I'm not as distraught as I thought I would be.

Fully agree with the Johnny Ace. He sucks. The angle sucks. Please replace him. I didn't see Dolph and Kofi but I've seen in their previous 2 feuds and I know they work well together. I agree with the Brodus Clay point. He does need to lose...but at least it seems he was tested well.

In my opinion, Paul Heyman...ugh. It was great what he did for ECW, but his character in the WWE, from back when he first appeared, and even watching this video, he's just so annoying. But, it is better than listening to Brainless Brock trying to put together a sentence or two.

Great Blog Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Uncooked returns! I'm glad to read it and even happier to be one of the first, if not the first, to comment on it.

Great stuff. I'm having Comcast issues right now so I just missed my second consecutive Raw. And I'm not as distraught as I thought I would be.

Fully agree with the Johnny Ace. He sucks. The angle sucks. Please replace him. I didn't see Dolph and Kofi but I've seen in their previous 2 feuds and I know they work well together. I agree with the Brodus Clay point. He does need to lose...but at least it seems he was tested well.

In my opinion, Paul Heyman...ugh. It was great what he did for ECW, but his character in the WWE, from back when he first appeared, and even watching this video, he's just so annoying. But, it is better than listening to Brainless Brock trying to put together a sentence or two.

Great Blog Man.
    Thanks bro! That sucks about Comcast. When i was living down in Pittsburgh for college, I had comcast and really disliked them. I know some might disagree, but i feel like they are trying to make Johnny Ace the new Mr-McMahon in a way, and it doesn't work. I could see HHH being a heel authority figure like McMahon was, but he is the only one.

See with Paulie, that is where we disagree. I think it is his obnoxious voice, the chance you know he might say something off the cuff and catch everyone surprised, that really makes him as great as he is.

Thanks for the comment bro!
    I agree with almost everything you said, except this:
    "Lord Tensai sucks. There have been people who have said "Oh but he did amazing in Japan, he did this, he did that, give him time, blah blah blah" Guess what, none of it matters!!! Since coming back to the WWE, he has been a dud. A reincarnation of Albert aka A-Train."

The Albert aka A-Train gimmick was much better than this Lord Tensai crap. I would rather see him back as A-Train. I might be able to get behind him a little then. The Tensai gimmick is just shit with a capital SHIT!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.