View RSS Feed

AStarIsBorn

The Return of Heyman

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone, I'm a first time blogger so let me know what you think and how I can improve for everyone that's reading.

Paul Heyman is one of the greatest minds that the world of professional wrestling has ever seen. Starting off as a photographer in New York, he worked his way through the ranks of the wrestling world. He was an excellent booker and birthed a sucessful breed of wrestling that no one had ever experienced before. Post ECW, he had a sucessful stretch in WWE managing upcoming Brock Lesnar and also the Big Show at a peak in his WWE career. Heyman's been on a hiatus for a number of years, until last night......

As a long time wrestling fan, the return of Paul Heyman was awesome. He is phenomenal on the mic, and he showed that in his return with little rust. He pushed the storyline of Lesnar leaving WWE because of how he felt he was being screwed by management. Heyman representing Lesnar could be what is needed to keep the heat on Lesnar.

My biggest problem with his return was the lack of response from the crowd. Personally, I feel that Heyman has been gone long enough from the public spotlight that a large portion of the crowd doesn't remember, or even know who he is. I wish that WWE had brought Heyman back with Lesnar from day one of his return. Give Brock the voice piece that can push the destructive heal persona over the edge, the way it was 10 years ago. The younger viewers of WWE could have become familiar with Heyman, and I believe it would have made last night a bigger hit. Heyman could have fed off not only Lesnar's heat, but his own heat as well.

As a serious fan of wrestling, I hope that WWE continues to use Heyman, as it could only improve the monster that the wrestling world needs Brock Lesnar to be.

Thanks for reading guys, let me know your opinions!

~AStarIsBorn~

Submit "The Return of Heyman" to Digg Submit "The Return of Heyman" to del.icio.us Submit "The Return of Heyman" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Return of Heyman" to Google

Updated 05-08-2012 at 11:54 AM by AStarIsBorn

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Enjoyed your first blog. The topic wasn't anything too special, yet it was still a half decent read. Next time around, expand on your thoughts, and voice your opinion slightly more. One thing I will add is; Mondays' crowd was beyond horrible. The cam shots to the crowd only showed kids and their accompanied adults. I couldn't bare watching the whole show, as I felt there was no excitement/energy AT ALL. If anything,being a Paul Heyman fan, I'm kinda glad I didn't tune into his segment. Todays generation has NO IDEA whatsoever who he is, and it sickens me to watch, and have to comprehend that a genius such as himself was barely acknowledge.

Good blog bud, I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you.
    Good first blog and welcome to the site. I agree, that crowd was awful! But it was great to see Heyman back. Mark out moment of the week!
    There were too many new wrestling fans in the crowd who were thinking
    "Who is this loud, chubby man with a bald head and a ponytail..... and how is that haircut even possible?!?!?!"

I agree... it was quite disappointing. It's like the recent Legend's Smackdown they had. The crowd had no idea who any of them were. If you're going to become a wrestling fan at least learn some history.
    thanks guys. i appreciate the support and the suggestions of how to make the blogs better!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.