View RSS Feed

Mr_Acquiesce

Forgotten Stars- Steve Blackman

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, I never used to read the blogs on EWN since the site was re-vamped but I recently started to read one or two and now I read most of them! Personally, I think its great to hear what other people think & listen to different POV's. This is my first ever attempt at any form of blogging so any critics would be appreciated to help me improve

It's become pretty obvious that the majority of WWE viewers are unhappy with the difference between the present WWE style and the styles of the past. From small things like entrance's & theme music, to gimmicks, to match types, to storylines & superstars etc., and it made me think about some the things that I personally loved when my love for wrestling was at its peak. And one superstar in particular...

I loved the Steve Blackman gimmick. The 2nd theme music, the basic attire, the incredible move set, the basic entrance...so what held him back?? Many of you will argue the obvious fact that he didn't have the best mic skills (demonstrated at best in his Ken Shamrock/one way OR ANOTHER promo), but is it really gotten to the point where superstars are not being pushed because they're mic skills are not great? I mean Steve Blackman had the whole package (IMO) except for his mic skills, and Youtube videos can back me up on the fact that he got big pops for a mid carder. Why does WWE rely so heavily on mic skills and talking abilities when they had a great superstar right there in front of them, and then released him after making him team with Grand Master Sexay? (the lowest of lows). WWE really screwed that one up.

Apologies for rambling, I'm only learning I'd love to hear your opinions on The Lethal Weapon, and feel freeto use my arguments to highlight other superstars that had the same treatment.

Peace

Submit "Forgotten Stars- Steve Blackman" to Digg Submit "Forgotten Stars- Steve Blackman" to del.icio.us Submit "Forgotten Stars- Steve Blackman" to StumbleUpon Submit "Forgotten Stars- Steve Blackman" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    he was a badass if he would have been in a stable as the enforcer kind of role (but more like attacking people for their matches so the heels can get away with it) it would have been the perfect fit oh well alot of people lost aye could you do a forgotten stars about TEST?
    Blackman was such an under-rated wrestler. I agree that WWE Titles would have been a bit out of his reach, gut he certainly deserved a solid IC run at least, hardcore suited that character perfectly, but a badass unbeatable IC Champ could have put him on the road to main event status.

There has been plenty of poor mic work at main event level, Laurinitis, Del Rio, Scotty Steiner HAHA! Im guessing Blackman is still in good shape Get Him Back Vince!
    totally agree with that they lost his fame in the Hardcore Division to being a Tag partner with Sexay.

He got big pops, but so did almost everybody back then compared to today. Even The Oddities had almost the same crowd response as someone like Sheamus today, maybe even someone like Punk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.