View RSS Feed

Mr_Acquiesce

The Importance Of The Hardcore Title

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, back with another blog after my Steve Blackman blog seemed to do pretty well (if you have read it, thank you) and obviously his later WWE career was based around the hardcore title so I decided my 2nd blog would be about that very thing.

Back in the day, I dont think the Hardcore Title was seen as an important title, until they took it away. Sure, it was a title that mid carders were given and challenged for, but back then they're were so many titles for mid carders, such as the intercontinental, european, and light heavyweight titles. Nowadays, its just the intercontinental and the U.S title that the mid carders have to battle for, and now they are using the after thoughts like Kofi Kingston & R- truth to go for the Tag Team titles. Make sense? Didn't think so.

If you look at the holders of the Intercontinental title within the last 5 years, compared to the talent that held the Hardcore title when it was active, it is so obvious that the talent in WWE has gone way downhill. To be able to put great wrestlers like Steve Blackman, Tazz & RVD in contention for the HC title just goes to the depth of the roster back then. Imagine if they reinstated it with the present day roster, guys like Zack Ryder, Alex Riley and even Hornswoggle would probably be in contention for it. I think it's off retired and we have the memories of yester-year. For a title that didnt mean much to a fan when it was around, we sure as hell miss it now, and the superstars that held it.

Would it be a good idea to reinstate the Hardcore title? What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading

Peace

Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to Digg Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to del.icio.us Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Importance Of The Hardcore Title" to Google

Tags: hardcore, wwf
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PG + Hardcore = Not happening.

Shame, really. I do think we need to see the Hardcore title back. I would also like to see the Cruiser/lightweight and European titles back too.
    pg+hardcore could happen in my opinion, if you look back at alotta the wandering matches (crash hollys reign especially) we kinda goofy and comical without much mature violence
    Didn't Vince retire the hardcore title in honour of Mick Foley.
    Updated 05-10-2012 at 10:31 AM by jcunningham (left out a word by mistake.)
    Just my opinion, but I always felt the Hardcore Championship and its matches were a rip off of the classic ECW. Vince saw how great ECW was doing with its type of hardcore wrestling and tried to capitalize on it.

I've always been a HUGE WWE fan, but it was clearly obvious to me that during Heyman's ECW heyday, Vince stole a lot of their ideas. The whole attitude era was was influenced by ECW.

No I don't think they should bring back the Hardcore championship. It was really watered down. Even Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson feuded over that belt in their 60s. It was a novelty belt.

If you want hardcore matches for belts, have the WWE put the belts they have now on the line with hardcore rules, which they did last PPV between Punk and Y2J.
    If WWE isn't going to allow blood in hardcore matches, you might as well keep it where it is.......with Foley.
    not in this time
    Doesn't Edge have the classic Heardcore Championship?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.