View RSS Feed

Dazzaschofield

The Tap Out - Ending the Streak

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
Hi All,

I have been away from this site for a while for 2 reasons;

1.Personal reasons, let's just say me and my 'tag team partner' parted ways after many years.
2.There was a point on here where everyone just became venomous (I was told to sick black cock just because of my blogs title!) and weren't really helpful when it came to improving blogs, they would just be offensive and crass if anyone outside 'the clique' decided to write a blog. Hopefully things have now become less hostile.

So after a few months away I finally got the urge to blog again and just to keep the 'black cock' folk happy I have re-branded the blog as 'The Tap Out' hopefully this blog title will not get anyone as hot under the collar as the last one did..anyway to the point..my blog

ENDING THE STREAK
The annual rumour of the Undertaker preparing to return are starting to circulate with rumours of a Lesnar match or CM Punk. There is a lot of speculation as to whether the streak should or shouldn't end and if it should, who would be the man to do this?

Vince McMahon has stated on many occasions that nobody is bigger then the business and I fell that if there is one man that is an exception to this it's the dead man himself. While Mark Calaway fully deserves to leave the company on top with his head held high and the streak intact I find it only more fitting for the business and the character of The Undertaker if his final ever match end's with the streak broken.

I think it would be the ultimate send off for the dead man to go out like this, granted I think it would be extremely difficult for fans to accept that anyone could end taker streak and the person who ends the streak will be hounded and hated by the fans..but depending on the person this might just help the reach new height's.

With that being said here are so of the potentials for ending/not ending the streak;

1.John Cena
This match is talked about alot. Many people believe that the only person that could take the dead mans crown is Cena himself I have my reservations. I don't think Cena needs this to further his career, he has come as far as he can and I truly believe he should be winding down his career. Cena is already a marmite character with most people falling into the 'hate it' category and If the E' were to let Cena win..I believe they would loose a hell of a lot of respect and fans.

2.Ryback
The up and comer Ryback is another possibility to end the streak. He has the physical power to dominate, he's getting the fans behind him at the moment and could well have the get up and go to put the deadman back in his grave for good. The only issue I would have is that currently Ryback is very green, he could do with moving to the main event as he is doing now, staying there until mania 30 and then maybe it would be time to let the dead man 'rest in peace'.

3.CM Punk
This is the guy that everyone is looking to this year...CM Punk Vs. The Undertaker, while I agree that the prospect of Punk, the Indy wrestler who has defied all odds and sits on top of the E's mountain is a mouth watering prospect for taking down the dead man I also feel that he just doesn't look like he could do it. He is not physically big and the E' have built him around being either lucky and cowardly to win. A few month's of booking him as a straight winning heel that can out shoulders to mats cleanly and I think he'd be ready. It could knock Punk into the stratosphere as an all time greatest heel if he were to take down Taker. Punk would be my choice for ending the streak.

4.Brock Lesnar
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a match that has never happened. Taker and Lesnar have never had that fight and people must be dying to see it. While I personally wouldn't want Lesnar to win I think that it wouldn't be believable if he didn't. Taker is past his prime and Lesnar is still a beast of a man. If Lesnar were a company man who planned to stay around and help the younger generations then I would be fine with this but If he just showed up, de throned the dead man and left...so would I.

5.Kurt Angle
I hear rumours years ago that Taker himself wanted Angle to be the one to take his streak and bury it. While I loved Kurt and hope that one day he will return to the E' for one final run I think he is also past his prime and the point where a win over Taker would do him any good.

Overall I think it needs to be a guys who has either just hit or is about to hit the big time that needs to end the streak. My personal favourites would be Ryback or Punk as they would get the most out of it.

Thanks to anyone who reads this blog and any feedback is welcome (hopefully this will be constructive and not related to the coloured mans anatomy!)

Submit "The Tap Out - Ending the Streak" to Digg Submit "The Tap Out - Ending the Streak" to del.icio.us Submit "The Tap Out - Ending the Streak" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Tap Out - Ending the Streak" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I honestly think they should have ended it last year. But instead of Trips beating him. They should of added the stipulation that if Undertaker won, he had to retire. Retire at 20-0, then switch to a Legends contract so he could do guest appearances (ala Raw 1000).
    Taker would have left on top, unbeaten.
    Hey. Nice blog. Don't sweat the people that tell you to suck black cock and all that. They're the ones that need a life.

I have to disagree with your list, in a non-venomous way. I don't like the prospect of Ryback. I feel he'll be nothing by the time WM 30 comes around. I don't like Brock Lesnar because he's a total waste. I don't think CM Punk matches up with Undertaker at all, and it would be a boring match. I think Kurt Angle is fine in TNA.

So that leaves Cena. And nothing would be better than to tease Cena as beating the streak, just to have Undertaker win. Point being, I don't think Undertaker should lose the streak.
    Good blog....personally I want the streak to never be broken and go down in history!!!
    Also Lesnar faced Taker couple of times including No Mercy 02 hell in a cell!!!
    you said to correct you if you were wrong ... Brock and Undertaker have had a few matches ... i remember Brock cleanly defeating a badly bleeding Undertaker in a Hell in the cell match .... a great match. My vote has got to go to Brock for ending the streak coz he can get the job done
    I do agree with some of your choices, but I bet none of them will pull out the victory over the taker. HHH has said in many many interviews, that taker should retire with a perfect streak intact. From the politics of wrestling most of us know, I highly doubt he will allow taker to lose that streak to someone, especially when he and his best buddy both had chances to end it. I could see one of the guys almost taking out the taker and then have Shawn or HHH interfere to stop him from losing. Setting up a small HHH feud with the person he screwed after WM.

The Streak I think is too precious, and I don't think WWE will throw it away like WCW did with Goldbergs.
    none of these men should end the streak

cena lost to lesnar, punk, ect ect ect, they just keep giving him rematches to stay relevant, if he is the one booked against taker, he should lose

ryback is to new for this, i mean, we got HHH, shawn, kane, edge, all have fallen to the deadman, and now we get a rookie who havent been in one main event on a ppv or held one title ... its not right

punk may be interesting, he could talk a good build up, and give a more than good match, but the way punk is booked the last month i dont see him winning to cena not to mention taker

taker vs lesnar is even a match i dont want to see, lesnar vs cena was a crap match, lesnar vs HHH was a bit better, but lesnar inst a draw for me

angle may be takers choice, but he is in tna now, and i heard he want a part time contract there, 2 part time superstars in the main event on mania?? hm that build up would suck

i think if there is one man who can beat him, it is sheamus, after 25 matches against del rio he needs a big win, (wich he wil get if he beats big show) but i think it would be better if taker just wins this years match. if he loses i like it to be against his son or so when he starts wrestling,
    Well years ago when WWE had high ratings and good storylines I wouldn't have minded so much if the streak ended. However now with WWE ratings becoming lower and lower as time goes on, not to mention WWE does not have a huge roster anymore. I think Vince needs to think about this. Now it's true that Vince has stated that nothing is bigger then the business. But Undertaker is a huge part of the business, and if Vince makes the choice to end the streak this could cause even bigger problems for Vince.

Sure not everyone would stop watching WWE. But there will be a huge drop in ratings from upset fans who have followed Undertaker since he stepped foot in the WWE. I also think it would really make fans and superstars start to think even more about how much does Vince really care about anyone else other then himself. Mid-card talent and now top superstars are already unhappy with Vince and WWE. I think this would make it even worse. Showing no matter what you do for the business you mean nothing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.