View RSS Feed

sonicwolfen

Best WWE Themes

Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
First off, I realize so many of these blogs have been done before that you probably only clicked on mine because you were bored. But I've read other people's and I often find myself saying "I can't believe they left off blah-blah." So obviously this is a total opinion, feel free to agree or disagree. Just don't tell me what a stupid mark I am for putting a song you don't like.

(I grew up watching the attitude-era, so sorry there aren't any way-older songs, but I wasn't around to hear them much.)

#10 - Steve Austin's Theme.
I put this on the list not because it was a good song or anything, but because it fit his character so well. From the second the glass broke and throughout, this song got everybody jacked to see the Rattlesnake.

#9 - CM Punk's Current Theme
Again, it really fits the character that Punk was, and still is, using when he started using this song. I'll never forget the night that CM Punk returned to RAW (should we even say that he left? it honestly felt like one week) with this song. Plus it's a classic song that's easy on the ears.

#8 - Christian's Current Theme
Maybe on the list for no other reason than I like the song and think it fits Christian's entrance perfectly. Well maybe not so much as a heel, but come on, at this point who cares? It's Captain Charisma.

#7 - DX Theme
Okay, this song sucks. But who doesn't get totally pumped when they hear "Are you ready?" It's the fact that freaking DX is coming out that the fans go ape-shit whenever it starts. I couldn't help but include it.

#6 - Triple H's Current Theme
Badass song for a badass entrance of a badass dude. Can't put it any more simply than that.

#5 - Edge's Theme
This song and the Rated-R Superstar's entrance were so energetic. Whether I was hating on heel Edge at the time or not, this was a great theme.

#4 - The Rock's Theme
Boy was it great to hear this song hit at WM28. It's too bad we had to sit through that Flo-Rida shit beforehand, but this is a great theme for the most electrifying man in *crosses out 'sports entertainment'* professional wrestling. Its simplicity is what makes it stand out to me as one of the all time best themes for one of the all time best wrestlers.

#3 - Undertaker's Theme
Undertaker might have the best entrance of all time. The song, the smoke, it's all just perfect. I've seen it countless times and I still occasionally get chills.

#2 - Hardy Boyz' Theme
This song just makes me laugh. It's so ridiculous that it's awesome. Just hardcore guitar and thumping bass the whole time, and it's pretty damn catchy for some reason. When I was young I was obsessed with the Hardy Boyz, and even though they've fallen so far I still love and appreciate what they did back in the day when they helped develop TLC with Edge and Christian and the Dudleyz. This song really fit their characters, and it gave birth to Jeff's little dance thing that we all can't help but enjoy.

#1 - CM Punk's Old Theme
This song was, and is, the shit. From start to finish. Like Edge's, it was fast-paced and energetic. And for those of you thinking I'm a Punk fanboy since I included both of his songs, I'm not. I actually dislike him a lot, except for the fact that the guy gives great matches every time and we both happen to be straight-edge. But yeah this was just a great song, for him especially, and I really miss it.

Submit "Best WWE Themes" to Digg Submit "Best WWE Themes" to del.icio.us Submit "Best WWE Themes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Best WWE Themes" to Google

Tags: songs, themes, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks, guys. I was actually reallllly close to putting Miz's theme in here.
    All of Kane's except I liked "Man On Fire" the least.
    This song was, and is, the shit. From start to finish. Like Edge's, it was fast-paced and energetic. And for those of you thinking I'm a Punk fanboy since I included both of his songs, I'm not. I actually dislike him a lot, except for the fact that the guy gives great matches every time and we both happen to be straight-edge. But yeah this was just a great song, for him especially, and I really miss it
    I am dumbfounded by this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsrevenge
    About 90% of the WWE themes sound the same to me now. I liked it better when Johnston just wrote instrumentals that fit the gimmicks of the wrestlers.
    I completely agree, and have thought the exact same thought. But the reason for this is because the wrestlers, to an extent, HAVE no gimmicks, and that the reason they all sound the same is because they ARE all the same.

In the 80s and 90s, you had differences in everyone's gimmicks from "Macho Man" to "The Hulkster" to "The Birdman" to "The Rowdy One" to "The Million Dollar Man". Their mannerisms set them apart from everyone else, and they had ways and outlets to channel their creativity and charisma.

Now you have Michael MicGillicutty... and... Heath Slater... and... Justin Gabriel... when their gimmicks come out to "that guy that does the 450 splash". They have nothing to work with. That's why I feel good when they push guys like "The Miz", because at least they are TRYING. No matter whether the gimmick sucks or not, it's still trying.
    [QUOTE=Bane of Balin;bt59889]I completely agree, and have thought the exact same thought. But the reason for this is because the wrestlers, to an extent, HAVE no gimmicks, and that the reason they all sound the same is because they ARE all the same.

In the 80s and 90s, you had differences in everyone's gimmicks from "Macho Man" to "The Hulkster" to "The Birdman" to "The Rowdy One" to "The Million Dollar Man". Their mannerisms set them apart from everyone else, and they had ways and outlets to channel their creativity and charisma.

Now you have Michael MicGillicutty... and... Heath Slater... and... Justin Gabriel... when their gimmicks come out to "that guy that does the 450 splash". They have nothing to work with. That's why I feel good when they push guys like "The Miz", because at least they are TRYING. No matter whether the gimmick sucks or not, it's still trying.[/QUOTE]

No, thats not it. I agree the gimmick thing is over and now wrestlers have to rely on skill and personality to get over, but the reason why the songs sound the same is just that. The ones I included are the ones that actually stand out, regardless of whom they belong to.
    I liked Ziggler's old theme, but his current one is not that good. And yeah, Miz's one is also great. I would also put Cena's theme somewhere in my top 10 list.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.