View RSS Feed

ChrisMasterpiece

Top Ten Young WWE Superstars Who Will Define The Future

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
So obviously the title speaks for itself: this is a list of the young WWE stars that are the future of the company. Here are the rules:

-they cannot be Divas, obviously

-they have to have been in WWE for less than 5 years

-they cannot have held either the WWE or World title

-tag teams count as one spot

-FCW stars can be used

Hon​orable mentions:
We all know Dolph Ziggler is the greatest young competitor in WWE. This is a moot point, so I won't talk about him. The same goes for Jack Swagger.

On with the list!

10. The Usos
There aren't a lot of tag teams with the flow that these guys have, and I'm sure that's partly due to them being brothers. I really enjoy the throwback Samoan entrance, and their in-ring work is very impressive for their young age. Why these two have yet to hold the tag team titles escapes me.

9. Alex Riley
After Kaval, I picked Riley to win NXT from the first episode. His mic work is great, and though I was unimpressed with his in-ring work early on, he's improved tremendously from his start. I think that with the right feud opponent with plenty of promo time, he could be the next Cena (minus the superhero thing).

8. Heath Slater
People are very split on Slater; he's either loved or hated. I personally don't think he's all that great in the squared circle, but I'm a huge fan of his mic skills. Though this thing with Flo-Rida obviously went nowhere, his interesting gimmick of "Southern without the cowboy hat" is new and fresh. Used correctly, he could be a strong midcarder, not unlike Cody Rhodes is now.

7. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young
I'm sure I'll get heat for this one, but hear me out. I'm not going to excuse their dodgy ring work, specifically almost ruining Yoshi Tatsu on Smackdown. With that said, I believe that they bring a young vibe to the tag team scene (or what's left of it). With these two, the tag team division seems to be revitalizing a little bit more, and I think that with a little work, these two could have a fun and interesting feud with another team, like The Usos or Kofi-Truth.

6. Antonio Cesaro
Okay, I'm cheating a little bit because the former Claudio Castagnoli has been a force on the independent scene for years (but it's my blog, so deal with it). After seeing his match with Tyson Kidd on Smackdown, it's easy to see that he adapted to the WWE style well. He could easily be a title contender soon, as those of you who have seen his ROH promos know that his charisma and personality are second to none.

5. Justin Gabriel
I know that Gabriel hasn't really cut any promos since graduating from NXT, but I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that he is the leader of the cruiserweight class in WWE. His South-African style is unlike any other competitor's, and we all know that his 450 splash is art. What needs to be done with Gabriel is a feud. Because he's had so little mic time, even putting him on this list is a gamble. The rivalry he had with Slater could have been great, but it fizzled instead of sparked. Another confrontation with Slater or Rhodes could shoot Gabriel to stardom.

4. Seth Rollins
Tyler Black is a name all independent wrestling fans know. He's probably got the best grapple finisher I've ever seen in his small package driver, God's Last Gift. He hasn't been brought up to the main roster, and I really can't wait until he is. Rollins has got that X factor to become a huge star in a short amount of time, a la Daniel Bryan. In fact, seeing those two feud would be a wrestling purist's dream.

3. Curt Hawkins* and Tyler Reks
*La Familia doesn't count; I'm talking about his split from Ryder
Hawkins and Reks is my favorite tag team in the WWE. I've always been a fan of teams that utilize the time-tested formula of one big bruiser and one small flyer. I also really enjoy their "whiny midcarders" gimmick; it hasn't been used in a while, and I think that they utilize in a way that's fun and imaginative. It's too bad Midcard Mafia was pulled, because that would have been a good way to get them over. I actually think that they're more over now than they're given credit for, and I believe these two could be huge if used correctly.

2. Dean Ambrose
Oh man, Dean Ambrose. Rather than listen to me talk about him, you should really go look at his absolutely flooring promos from FCW. I know next to nothing about this guy, but every time I watch FCW TV I pray for him to be on. He's the new breed of WWE heel: smaller, meaner, and darker. He goes to a place in his promos that's honestly kind of scary, and his intensity is completely real. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that he has acting experience, because he is the most believable star in WWE (yep, I said it). I wait with baited breath for his entrance to the main roster.

1. Santino Marella
And this is where the angry comments will come in. I know he's a joke character. I know his promo work is silly. I know he's a false-champion. But dammit folks, he is over like the sun. People pop for him more than almost any other Superstar, and he plays the crowd like a champ. Whether he's teaming with Brodus Clay, Hornswoggle, Cena, or whoever else, people want him in the ring. Here's the reason: He is different. With so many "serious" competitors in WWE, a joke character done right is huge. And Santino's done right. His promos are hilarious, his ring work is great, and he captivates the crowd. I see Santino being a large force in the WWE for a long time.

Well, that's it! Hope you enjoyed the read. Leave a comment about how wrong I am, how I don't know anything, yada yada. I'll see you all next blog!

Submit "Top Ten Young WWE Superstars Who Will Define The Future" to Digg Submit "Top Ten Young WWE Superstars Who Will Define The Future" to del.icio.us Submit "Top Ten Young WWE Superstars Who Will Define The Future" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top Ten Young WWE Superstars Who Will Define The Future" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

A decent blog, I suppose. Now let me talk about some of the wrestlers you have picked..um..The Usos have already been Tag Team Champions, and it didn't work out so well. Alex Riley looks promising so I would of put him in the Top3 of you're list. Justin Gabriel is very talented guy, but unless WWE reproduce the Cruiser weight Division he will be going no where. I hate to say this, but I actually like Santino Marella. He will never be World Champion, but he does get great pops currently like nobody else.
    how good was this blog until you chose your number 1?...im pretty sure you lost the flow and point of your own blog because the title says 'define the future' and not 'who is really popular' wrestler...really you think santino will define the business like austin did? like cena did?...i completely agree with you 2-10 btw and i think its ambrose who is going to play a big role in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly56
    A decent blog, I suppose. Now let me talk about some of the wrestlers you have picked..um..The Usos have already been Tag Team Champions, and it didn't work out so well. Alex Riley looks promising so I would of put him in the Top3 of you're list. Justin Gabriel is very talented guy, but unless WWE reproduce the Cruiser weight Division he will be going no where. I hate to say this, but I actually like Santino Marella. He will never be World Champion, but he does get great pops currently like nobody else.
    Sorry deadly. If you are talking about the usos as tag champs in fcw, I understand, but if you are saying the usos were tag champs while on the main roster of the wwe you are wrong. They've challenged a number of times, but since being brought up to raw/sd, they haven't been tag champions
    Santino's début was April 2007, I think it was mid April, 16th???!
    I like Santino as well, but wouldn't have added him to this list. I think Richie Steamboat needs to be on here though. At the very least I see him filling a similar role as Cody Rhodes.
    i agree santino reminds me of gorgeous george
    When do you count as "time with the company" because Santino signed his development deal on August 11, 2006... This would disqualify him from the list. Also, if you count time on the main roster, then Moxley and Black would also be disqualified, but so would Santino since he was called up in April of 2007. Not to be a dick, just wondering since I agree with the majority of your top 10 (except Moxley should be #1 imo)

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.