View RSS Feed

ozfan

Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part One

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. I'm back with the 2nd edition of Ozfan's Top Picks. This time, I am going to share with you PART 1 on my picks on the TOP 30 FINISHERS in WWE. I hope you all enjoy....

[B]30. Gutwrench Powerbomb[/B]
Jack Swagger's finishing maneuver. A gutwrench, lifted into a powerbomb position and slamming the opponent down while the attacker drops down on their stomach, driving the opponent's spine and back of the head into the mat or ground. It has put away superstars like Matt Hardy, Christian, Edge, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton.

[B]29. Zig Zag (Jumping reverse Russian Leg Sweep)[/B]
A modified jumping reverse Bulldog or a modified leaping Russian Leg Sweep. The attacker stands behind or runs at to a behind opponent and leaps while pulling the opponent down with a three quarter facelock down to the mat, slamming the back of their head and neck down to the ground. There have been a few ways of doing the move and it has put away superstars like Randy Orton, Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston and John Morrison.

[B]28. Skull Crushing Finale (Full Nelson Facebuster)[/B]
This move was originally used by Chris Jericho in 2001. It was called the Breakdown. But The Miz started using it as a signature move in 2009 and eventually made it his finisher. It involves the attacking wrestler grab his opponent in a Full Nelson and then use his left leg to sweep the opponent's leg forward, driving the opponent's face into the mat or ground. It is pretty affective and has put away superstars like, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston and Sheamus.

[B]27. 450 Splash [/B]
Justin Gabriel's finisher. Originally used by R-Truth back in his WWF/TNA days when he was known as K-Kwik and Ron The Truth Killings, which is his real name. The move was also used by Paul London until 2006. For a while, no superstars used this move until Gabriel came onto the scene on the first season of NXT and adopted the move. He performs it to perfection everytime it connects. It involves the attacker diving off the top rope while flipping forward in a 450 degee motion and landing across a downed opponent and sometimes across their back. It has helped Gabriel with victories against superstars like John Cena, Wade Barrett, Chris Jericho, Evan Bourne and Randy Orton.

[B]26. WMD: Weapon of Mass Destruction (Right Hand Knockout Punch) [/B]
Following his return to WWE in 2008, Big Show got his nose broken by Flloyd Mayweather, and eventually started a feud with the boxer. They met in a No DQ match at WrestleMania and in the previous weeks, Big Show started winning matches with a KO Punch to the opponent's jaw. In mid-2011, he renamed it the Weapon of Mass Destruction. Even though it is a Right Hand Punch, it has helped Big Show with victories over superstars like Kane, Undertaker, The Miz, John Cena and Edge.

[B]25. Ankle Lock [/B]
A move that was made famous in WWE by Kurt Angle and Ken Shamrock. But as of today, it is used by Jack Swagger. It involves grabbing the opponent's foot with one hand and wrapping the opposite arm of the attacker around the ankle, while twisting the opponent's foot with the first hand. Sometimes, a grapevine variation of the move is applied that involves the attacker scissoring the opponent's leg while sitting down on the mat. While being used by Swagger in WWE, this move has made wrestlers like Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley, MVP and even Big Show tap out.

Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part One" to Digg Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part One" to del.icio.us Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part One" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ozfan's Top Picks: TOP 30 Finishers in WWE Part One" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pretty nice so far...
    your whole week is now destroyed from this list, have fun!
    Hope Rock Bottom makes list and People's Elbow. Hells Gate, diamond cutter, stunner, my bad its your list
    I kinda hope to see Widow's Peak on here. That maneuver was so brutal, Victoria had to ask permission to use it. WWE did call it a risky move as it could injure the neck area even if done properly. Her opponent felt safe in the maneuver, and she never botched it. It still scared some of the Diva's to take that bump.
    Nice subject for a blog, looking forward to the other 25!

That being said, I understand the "finisher" is a staple of professional wrestling, but to me it always made it a bit unrealistic, like a video game. I mean, you can hammer away at a guy for hours with fists, knees, chairs, sledgehammers etc, and he still gets up every time, but you pull a simple move like a Spear or RKO and the guy is out cold. Right...

Still, doesn't mean I enjoy them if they are somewhat legit. Meaning, they can use them to finish every oponent in a realistic way. I would love it if a wrestler has several finishing moves, it would make things more versitile and more interesting. For instance, CM Punk has the Go To Sleep, but it's a move that can't be done properly on real heavy guys like Big Show and Mark Henry. The GTS looks downright fake on bigger guys, the knee hardly connects. To me, that makes his finisher invalid, since he can't use his finisher to finish of every wrestler. For heavier guys, he would need another. I understand he also has a submission move, Anaconda Vice, but still...

Very excited to see what your nr. 1 will be!
    Updated 05-04-2012 at 06:00 AM by RasslinGOOD
    No way you can call Zig Zag a legsweep when legs aren't involved. It's nothing more than a jumping neckbreaker.
    I hope the Canadian Destroyer is on the list.
    it may look fake, but it is just awesome to look at.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.