View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Abdominal Stretch: Lots of Ground to Cover

Rate this Entry
Hey fans from everywhere and wherever. The Saviour here with another edition of The Abdominal Stretch. Lately I've done a lot of ranting and raving about certain things. It's because in my mind, the bad has been outweighing the good. However, I think what i'm going to do this week is focus more on the positives. What can I say, I bring not only variety, but diversity.

So without further adieu...

Should Brock Lesnar be an Important Player? or Be a Presence?

My DVR was messed up so I didn't see all of Raw, only the second hour. I saw the replay of what happened with HHH and it got me thinking. I'm not sure what the plan is for him. With his loss at Extreme Rules, I think they're portraying him as someone who could care less about wins and losses and titles etc. I think that's a good thing. He's only here for a year and for limited appearances. So even though I 'yawned' when I predicted his path of destruction would continue with HHH tonight, I think I'm a kinda on board with his current gimmick now. As long as he stays away from the title picture. He doesn't need that.

Was Open Fight Night & Gut Check a Success or Failure?

Okay. I sat down and with much anticipation, I turned on Impact last Thursday. I was on the edge of my seat, but then...it started. It wasn't a horrible show, but I got force fed about an hour's worth of Hulk Hogan. The concept of OFN is great. The delivery their first time out, not so much. And while I liked some of the other things that transpired on the show, I got too much Hogan and if this concept is going to succeed, and TNA is going to move forward at all, it has to be with limited Hogan. I'm grading OFN's debut with a B-.

Will There Be, or Should There Be a Change in Cena's Character?

I will start this by stating that I'm obviously not a big fan of John Cena. However, I'm not and dead on hater either. While he changes the outfit every few months to sell a new shirt and all, his character has been the same forever now. Many say that it's stale, but I'm now at acceptance with his character. He's a monster draw and that's all there is to it. We all have stated we want a heel turn and we want to change this about him and that. But after tonight's Raw, and the reaction he got, and even more so the heat Laurenaitis got for attacking him, spoke volumes to me. Cena should never change. Why? Because from the 80's to early 90's, Hogan never changed. He didn't change one thing he did. Not one line in his promos. Nothing. And he was top dog forever. Cena is the same thing today. The troops love him. The girls love him. The kids love him. And 25% of people in my demographic love him. I don't see a reason to change that. And he will be Super Cena and it's just how it is. And for him, it's Good.

Was There a Simultaneous, World Wide IWC Orgasm Tonight?

Daniel Bryan goes against Jerry The King Lawler for a cake walk in the Beat The Clock Challenge. I swear, I actually heard the moan that followed the release. *sorry, got a little dirty there* Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk. The Hardcore Die Hards, the ROH followers, the cult followers, everyone has been waiting for this to happen, and now it's happening at Over The Limit. Yay. I'm a big fan of both and if we thought the Jericho/Punk matches were good, these will be better. I am really looking forward to it. If it means Bryan has no real place on Smackdown now, that's even better. Read the next point.

OKAY, ENOUGH POSITIVE MUMBO JUMBO

How Bad Has Smackdown Become?

Smackdown has officially been removed from my DVR recording. I will now read the spoilers posted on here, and move on with my life. The last two weeks have been so bad and honestly, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, and Randy Orton just aren't enough. It's a weak show and I'm done wasting time on it.

Did They Really Put Ryback vs Two Jobbers, and Charge Us?

Two Words....BAD MOVE. It's not Smackdown, it's a freakin PPV Event. If the WWE seriously couldn't come up with something better to utilize that time, then they really need to re-evaluate their direction. What a disgrace and they should be a shamed of themselves for doing that.

JR's Predictions

Did anyone notice he was dead on? Why the hell is an employee giving predictions? And why is he giving the right thing that's going to happen? Look, I love JR and all. He and Jerry Lawler are the best duo since Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. But come on. In today's day and age, with online and everything, he needs to stop trying to play it off like wrestling is real. It's not. And when he gives predictions and they're right, that's just stupid. If he must give predictions for his Twitter or Blog purposes, then give something generic where you don't commit and you don't give away the ending. I know it's not really that big of a deal, but two for two and even his descriptions were right on, that's not a good thing in my mind.

I hope you guys enjoyed this week's edition of The Abdominal Stretch. I've stated some things that are definitely up for debate so, I look forward to reading your comments.

Enjoy your week and Be Safe Everyone.

Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Lots of Ground to Cover" to Digg Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Lots of Ground to Cover" to del.icio.us Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Lots of Ground to Cover" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Abdominal Stretch: Lots of Ground to Cover" to Google

Updated 05-01-2012 at 08:14 AM by DK Wrestling Savior

Tags: impact, raw
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I find JR's blogs kind of annoying aswell, its for same reason that you hate it in that he talks like wrestling is real
    Smackdown been off my DVR since The Rock stop showing on it, LOL just kidding you know I don't know why they don't just do one brand already and One belt etc etc oh well

good blog

Doc
    Should Brock Lesnar be an Important Player? or Be a Presence?;
    Last night for the first time since Brock arrived a few weeks back, I felt relevance to his return. If the E' simply would have gone with this storyline prior to rushing him in a useless feud with Cena, they may have had something going for them. I can't seem to stop myself from thinking at times, that the creative team seems to be writing everything backwards. What Lesnar SHOULD be is an important presence. What Lesnar WANTS to be, is an "important player".

Was Open Fight Night & Gut Check a Success or Failure?;
    I enjoyed it for the most part. As you said, limit Hogan. I see him on the mic or cam, and I automatically start thinking about when he attempted to bring back "American Gladiators"... Key word "attempted". I love the concept of OFN, I simply don't think it's going to last.

Will There Be, or Should There Be a Change in Cena's Character?;
    I'm definitely not a Cena fan one bit, but you nailed it.

Was There a Simultaneous, World Wide IWC Orgasm Tonight?;
    Bryan vs Punk.....FINALLY!!!!!!!... Nuff' said.

How Bad Has Smackdown Become?;
    God knows... I've been reading spoilers for the past 5 years. Join the club. This doesn't take away from your loyalty. Simply means you have better things to do on a Friday Night LOL.

Did They Really Put Ryback vs Two Jobbers, and Charge Us?;
    I really don't even want to touch on this subject, but the E' putting its U.S title on the line via youtube, than tossing this crap on ppv?!...REALLY!?!?!? Disgraceful and shameful....

JR's Predictions;
    I tend to read his blogs for the simple fact that I like the guy, and he knows his sh*t. Yet as you said, I believe he shouldn't commit and give his "full" predictions as to a ppv. I mean, limit his context or something...

Ramble...Ramble....Ramble...
    Good blog bro. 'Til next week Bro
    Honestly I Feel Cena had to win Extreme Rules... With Cenas huge clean loss to The Rock and Brock Lesnar then dominating him 1 month later it would just do to much damage to Cenas Character. I mean how does it look if with in 2 monthes, 2 Outsiders from the company come in and beat the top guy back to back. It make this Generation of WWE wrestlers look weak... Imagine if in 1998 Steve Austin Jobbed in a Wrestlemania Match to Hulk Hogan then 1 month later Jobbed cleanly to Kevin Nash? Not the best idea.

I mean forget Cena, What If The Rock came in and beat CM Punk and the Next month Later so did Lesnar and they both did it clean? How would that make the number 2 face of the company look? and WWE's Current crop of talent.

I think Brock is still interesting, His Crappy promo on Raw made me lose more interest in him then his loss at E.R...... but I think a Nice win over HHH and Randy Orton will bring Brock Lesnar a lot of credibility back.
    Updated 05-01-2012 at 04:57 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    Should Brock Lesnar be an Important Player? or Be a Presence?
    I don't like Lesnar, never have, but he is a great presence in the WWE at the moment. He is the ultimate bully, and therefore the perfect enemy of the ultimate boy-scout (Cena) and world-greatest boss (Triple H). But like the Rock, he is simply some extra (and expensive) spice that has been thrown into the mix. It does taste good though...

Was Open Fight Night & Gut Check a Success or Failure?
    The concept is very exciting, but you know they will F*** it up. Plus there is the question of how they can pull this of legally: you can't just let any shmoe enter in a ring and wrestle with the pro's. So they will have to script it, and that removes the whole soul of the concept. So I think it will end up a big failure, unless they pull some weird and awesome rabbit out of their hat. And knowing TNA, they won't...

Will There Be, or Should There Be a Change in Cena's Character?
    I think Cena already has changed. He hasn't done a legimate title bout in a long while, and he has lost some important matches. For the first time ever, I was actually rooting for him when he went up against Brock. They are clearly building up to something, but I can't predict what it will be. I don't think a heel Cena will make the kids happy, and they are the major demographic. So IMO, they should, but not sure if they really will. ​

Was There a Simultaneous, World Wide IWC Orgasm Tonight?
    No wet spot in my pants, so I guess it wasn't simultaneous. Then again, I'm not a patron of the indies. :-)

How Bad Has Smackdown Become?
    Superstars is still worse, but next to RAW Smackdown just looks old and sad. I sometimes download it, but it always disappoints. But we all know RAW is the flagship, and Smackdown & Superstars are the dingies drifting behind it, full of they guys that just don't cut it.

Did They Really Put Ryback vs Two Jobbers, and Charge Us?
    YES!!! This was my sentiment exactly! They really want to put this guy over, but this was an extremely bad move on WWE's part. It's a PPV, not a damn weekly show! Must have been a great experience for the two jobbers though! :-)

JR's Predictions
    I like JR, but he is a corporate suck up. He tows the WWE line like an old tugboat, and sometimes it just sounds sad. He can be right on the money sometimes, but that is of course because he is an insider.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.