View RSS Feed

Khris

What I Expect of my Future WWE Games

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
I'm a long time gamer of wwe games dating back to wrestlemaina 2000 and raw is war. Over the years i grow more excited for the next wwe game release and eager to see the changes made. The last past two games have been good but left me unfulfilled (Raw vs.Smackdown 2011 and Wwe12) and this is just somethings i hope and expect to see in future wwe games.

The return of GM mode- Of all modes to play this was my favorite cause it made me feel as if i was really a general manager. Picking and trading superstars. Choosing their salary and if they were a heel or face. Competing against the opposite brand and having the ability to steal talent. Create feuds and your dream roster plus you get to choose who particpates in the game mode. If they bring it back only thing i would change is to add some live interaction.

More divas- Wwe12 was horrible in that department not only in the matches they could do but how many of them their were. There was no Katlyin, Gail Kim (She was still singed to wwe when it came out), Aj Lee, Bella Twins, Kharma nor Vicki Guerrero and yes i'm aware their available for download by why download them for 99cent when their on the active roster. I hear their on the works of fixing this now let's see how Wwe13 works out.

The end of Road To Wrestlemania and the begining of a new- I never liked road to wrestlmania cause the concept to me is dumb. Who want's play as Triple HHH revisting a old storyline to his wrestlemania not me. It's gotten stale and boring and needs to find the exit. I'm crossing my fingers for story mode to return and they do something like Here Comes The Pain. Before the RawVs.Smackdown series the story modes were very entertaining and long but since then has changed it to make it more of a ongoing raw segment.

More Weapons- Is it me or do we want more weapons. Sure chairs-mops-sledgehammers-tables and kendo sticks are fine but urge for a new toy to smack somebody with. In No Way Out you could use a big ass stop sign or lumber lmao i miss that and to me it's something needed.

The Uses Of Weapons- Table matches are ok but seems off. They move without you touching it causing you to miss and why can't i perform my finsiher on it. My caw has the five star frog splash but can't perform it when i set someone on the table that's just stupid. Same thing for the announcer table, i hate i always have to do a moonsault, why not a frog splash or elbow drop or even a shooting star press. Chair shots are fun but i miss the con-chairto or a DDT with a chair, one move i been dying to see in the game is placing a chair on the head while the opponnet is down and doing a baseball slide.

More Matches- Keep in the ones they have now and add I Quit-bullrope match-leather strap match-flag pole match and buried alive tell me that's not game of the year quality.

New Create A Finisher- I don't really use create a finisher anymore anymore unless it's for the top rope cause it's so limited that what you want to do you can't. I've longed for a finisher from behind (NO HOMO) like a german suplex variation or a form of a angle slam just something. What i really want is to create my own submission that would make me happy.

Better Entrances >- I hate making my entrance cause it never turns out how i like it. You should be able to create your own entrence from sctrach literly. I hate coping other superstars i wan't to be original but how can i when i have no choice but to take from them. I'm in love with the direction their going with the create a entrance and wan't to see more options on the next game. I liked the music they set up for the entrances but alot of them where just stupid and forced me to add my own playlist for my entrance.

More Moves- They have a wide varity of moves but for some reason i feel they could add more. They needed more rebound moves and springbord moves. I like to see to more moves when your opponnet is underneth the ropes and instead of everybody flipping over the steel steps have them just crash into it. More moves for when the opponnet is down facing the mat. I need to see more submission moves i've waited long enough for that, like i said i like to be an originator and all they have is submissions every superstar has.

Give Me More Legends- I don't use them but when i have friends over i do and i always seem to get lost on who to choose cause there so few if i bigger varity i would be able to choose alot quicker. Guys like Bret Hart-Rikishi-Nunzio-Tajari-Goldberg and David Hart Smith but for what i hear is in Wwe13 i think i might be satisfied CROSS CHOPX3 lmao.

Cage Matches- I like how there done but i do belive they need tweeking. Slamming my opponnets into the cage should be alot easier and it should be more effective. The things you can do with the cage is sum and should be expanded. I'd like be able to be thrown threw the cage like they done a few times. As for hell and a cell i liked the improvements they made in Wwe12 keep it up.

Last But Not Least- GET RID OF THE DAMN UNIVERSE MODE it is the worst mode i've ever seen next to Jacob Cass and Road to Wrestlemania. News Flash no one plays it except to unlock superstars and divas if it wasnt for that it would be a serious waste of space.

Thanks for reading and please comment i'm curious to hear your opinion. Remember if there's any kind of blog you want me to do just say so and i'm on the job.

Submit "What I Expect of my Future WWE Games" to Digg Submit "What I Expect of my Future WWE Games" to del.icio.us Submit "What I Expect of my Future WWE Games" to StumbleUpon Submit "What I Expect of my Future WWE Games" to Google

Updated 04-30-2012 at 06:52 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Universe Mode isn't bad, but it's missing too much to be enjoyable.

First of all, it doesn't have storylines. Those little cutscenes you get are better than nothing, but it doesn't hold a candle to the old career modes. I believe Here Comes The Pain had actual storylines that your character could be involved in. They seem to have completely done away with this in favor of putting in a create a storyline mode and going "here, do it yourself".

Sometimes the booking in Universe Mode is really erratic. I'll get title defense matches at a PPV against a guy I've never had a match with or a cutscene with(which is another product of having no real storylines, it could've been all talk segments or backstage run-ins or something). Being able to interfere in other matches is cool but you never seem to be able to interfere in a match that you would have any kind of stake in. If I have a rivalry with R. Truth and I faced him last week, and this week he's got a match against somebody else... why can I interfere in someone else's match but not that one? I also love how when you re-book a particular match and change the participants or even change one of the participants, the next week it just books the same match you just changed. I think it even replayed a PPV because of doing that because I wanted another wrestler from my stable be my tag partner and not frigging David Otunga.

It's not focused enough to offer a good experience if you only want to play one or two characters. I'd prefer something more sim based that revolves around 1 character, with an overall stamina meter or something that you'd have to balance between having matches, making appearances(photo shoots or autograph signings), and your R&R and what you choose to do with your time off. Making extra appearances would make you more popular but it drains you more. It would be cool to take time off because of an injury, or maybe go shoot a movie and take time off to heal up. It would be cool also if you earned money based on where you are on the ladder, how many appearances you make off of TV during days off, how much merch you sell... and that kind of thing, and I'd prefer using that for the unlock system rather than just getting things progressively so you can pick and choose what you want. I was lucky enough to have Brock Lesnar be my first unlock so I can't complain too much.

I'd also like to be able to talk to other superstars backstage or on the road. While on your way to Wrestlemania what if there was a tour bus part of the game where you could talk to other superstars, play mini-games and maybe pick up some intel about your opponent at 'Mania? Same thing for plane rides and RAW/SmackDown/PPV pre-shows before the matches begin.

The actual wrestling part of the game gets really stale really quickly for me, I wish they'd balance it more with other things. I have a stable of three custom characters and I play their matches while simulating everyone else's. The whole thing feels hollow.
    Updated 05-01-2012 at 02:21 PM by Viperfish
    youtube . com/watch?v=5AP08SS3IO0 explains it all
    First off decent Blog dude and agree on some but disagree on the others

Agree on

1. Get Rid of the RTWM and Bring back the Story mode from Here Comes The Pain

2. We do need more weapons been tired of the same 6/7 for the last couple of years

3. Bring back Gm mode but like it was in SVR 06

Don't Agree on

1. We don't need any more divas or legends maybe make them a DLC so if you want them get them

2. Don't get rid of universe mode i really like it one for i would change is more interaction backstage maybe

the rest of the things i don't really care about
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish
    Universe Mode isn't bad, but it's missing too much to be enjoyable.

First of all, it doesn't have storylines. Those little cutscenes you get are better than nothing, but it doesn't hold a candle to the old career modes. I believe Here Comes The Pain had actual storylines that your character could be involved in. They seem to have completely done away with this in favor of putting in a create a storyline mode and going "here, do it yourself".

Sometimes the booking in Universe Mode is really erratic. I'll get title defense matches at a PPV against a guy I've never had a match with or a cutscene with(which is another product of having no real storylines, it could've been all talk segments or backstage run-ins or something). Being able to interfere in other matches is cool but you never seem to be able to interfere in a match that you would have any kind of stake in. If I have a rivalry with R. Truth and I faced him last week, and this week he's got a match against somebody else... why can I interfere in someone else's match but not that one? I also love how when you re-book a particular match and change the participants or even change one of the participants, the next week it just books the same match you just changed. I think it even replayed a PPV because of doing that because I wanted another wrestler from my stable be my tag partner and not frigging David Otunga.

It's not focused enough to offer a good experience if you only want to play one or two characters. I'd prefer something more sim based that revolves around 1 character, with an overall stamina meter or something that you'd have to balance between having matches, making appearances(photo shoots or autograph signings), and your R&R and what you choose to do with your time off. Making extra appearances would make you more popular but it drains you more. It would be cool to take time off because of an injury, or maybe go shoot a movie and take time off to heal up. It would be cool also if you earned money based on where you are on the ladder, how many appearances you make off of TV during days off, how much merch you sell... and that kind of thing, and I'd prefer using that for the unlock system rather than just getting things progressively so you can pick and choose what you want. I was lucky enough to have Brock Lesnar be my first unlock so I can't complain too much.

I'd also like to be able to talk to other superstars backstage or on the road. While on your way to Wrestlemania what if there was a tour bus part of the game where you could talk to other superstars, play mini-games and maybe pick up some intel about your opponent at 'Mania? Same thing for plane rides and RAW/SmackDown/PPV pre-shows before the matches begin.

The actual wrestling part of the game gets really stale really quickly for me, I wish they'd balance it more with other things. I have a stable of three custom characters and I play their matches while simulating everyone else's. The whole thing feels hollow.
    Really enjoyed reading your comment dude and i'm the same just play the match of who ever i am and skip the rest and it gets really boring after a while.
    And like you would really like more cut scene's to improve a storyline and keep them going not the same match 6/7 weeks in a row and pointless attacks before the match starts.
    As well as a few Mini Games to play along the way and like you said make appearances and sell merchandise make films or something so we can choose what to unlock and when like in Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.