View RSS Feed

Where did we go Wrong and How Do we fix it!!

Missed Opportunities, PT. 01

Rate this Entry
By the title of this blog you can see there will be many more blogs about this particular heading. The problem is where to start.
I guess the way to start is the actual structure of the WWE shows and where they can improve.

First things first, If you are going to have a separation of shows, then truly separate them and quit combining 300 different story lines. Split up the writing teams into 2 distinct writing teams and keep the talent pools of each "brand" separate. The problem that the WWE is having is that they have way too many wrestlers on one program to truly showcase the talent and create any real good stories and/or feuds. This means quit having the title holders on both programs.

Keep the shows separate and the titles as well. That means stop with the whole invasion thing nobody believes that Smackdown and Raw are different. If you take it back to where it was when they first done the split you can create a stronger branding for the company. Have one show be the flagship like Raw then focus (I don't Know) maybe on wrestling on Smackdown. I remember when Smackdown was freaking amazing when they actually wrestled on it, it was actually better than Raw for a bit. Now Smackdown is just The Raw recap show.

Keep the General manager off the Air Period. John Laurinitis may be the shizz in the back room but as GM he is boring and annoying. Go back to having the backroom and the Front of house different and a crowbar separation between them. Because all you get is an overtly dramatic show about backroom politics and not focusing on the great wrestlers and matches themselves.

I know it is just a way to try and capitalize on the Vince/Austin feud in the 90's. But the 90's are over it is time to move on and create a better product.
If you kept everybody off every show you would see prestige come back to the titles and more interest in the products once again.

2 shows with possibly more if done right. People would start watching both programs again if they showcased different people on each and not have them be on both shows. Plus the writers can improve their skills and not write in the ADD style that they have been doing.

The Different shows should also go into the PPV scene as well Keep the 4 major PPV's(the only place that both rosters should be together. then trim back the other ones. I think a blog on PPV's might be the next one . Sorry About the length and as always this is just my opinion. Thanks

Submit "Missed Opportunities, PT. 01" to Digg Submit "Missed Opportunities, PT. 01" to del.icio.us Submit "Missed Opportunities, PT. 01" to StumbleUpon Submit "Missed Opportunities, PT. 01" to Google

Updated 04-30-2012 at 02:55 AM by Rated_R(ob)KO

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I agree with that. WWE needs to figure out what they're doing and do it. They also need to stick to it, and not change something every week. That's another issue, stars getting Pushed and then the push just stopping, Titles changing hands for no apparent reason, I could go on and on. But, I can def agree with that. The Brand Split solution works! It's been ten years almost to the date when the first one was done, so I do agree, it should be re-introduced!
    I disagree with this blog. Hear me out on this one.

Raw and Smackdown was huge in the 90s, way before the brand split, storylines would continue from Raw to Smackdown, and it would make it so you never wanted to miss a Raw or Smackdown incase something cool happened. And this was true, the quality of Smackdown was sometimes better then Raw, and vice-versa.

When the brand split came in, I was all for it, the attitude era was dieing, but the WWE had so many big names on the roster to keep them all in the spotlight at once.

Steve Austin, The Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Mankind, The Big Show, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Kane and so many more, where in the WWF(E) at this time.

They made the old WCW title into the World Heavyweight title, and this gave one of the shows its own title(it has changed shows a number of times) and brought back the US title to be the secondary title, like the IC title.
    This worked really well for a number of years, until roughly 2007, when the majority of the big names had moved on/retired/injured or simply became part time.
    WWE has been stale for the last few years, as WWE kept pushing the same names to the top, guys like Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Batista and so on. In 2012 the WWE is lacking pure star power, that is why they brought back guys like The Rock, and Brock Lesnar.

The breaking down of the brand split has come about because of the lack of big names, they needed to put their biggest names in the spotlight more often to get them over, and to keep the ratings up.
    In today's economy, the WWE are trying their best to make as much money as they can, this involves the breaking down of the brand split, I hope the brand split is over soon, and they make Smackdown just as important as Raw, because lets face it, Smackdown has become the "B" show, just like they made WWE-ECW the "C" show when it was around.
    Spot on comment Kylos!

The lack of true star power is a big problem for the WWE. Because of this they can't keep 2 separate rosters anymore. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE a brand separation, but it's just not feasible at the time.

What I personally would like is to make Smackdown a true B-show. Throw in a sh*tload of young talent, with lots of big brawls, stupid feuds, and a legit tag-team competition. Hell, maybe let the whole thing be hosted by B-stars and hasbeens. Give the show one of the lower (EU or US) and the tag-team belts, and keep them in the brand. RAW is the big and expensive flagship, and Smackdown would be the fun booze-cruise (think TNA-ish). Ideal for the start of the weekend!

I would watch THAT!
    Updated 05-01-2012 at 06:02 PM by RasslinGOOD

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.