View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Extreme Rules 2012 Predictions

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Hey everyone. I'm back again with another post. I know I said I would steer away from Ozfan's Opinions for a little bit but with Extreme Rules just around the corner, I thought I'd share my predictions with you. Hope you all enjoy. WARNING!: CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS

[LEFT][B]WWE Championship match
[/B]
[B]CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho
[/B]This match is a Chicago Street Fight. Over the weeks, Jericho has gotten in Punk's head by continuing to bad mouth his father being a drunk. Over the weeks he has poured beer over Punk, poured whiskey on him and smashed the bottle over his head, not to mention laying him out with multiple Codebreaker's. Punk got even on tonight's RAW by acting drunk and then giving Jericho a surprise attack that sent Y2J retreating. My pick for Extreme Rules is CM Punk after a couple of GTS'. After the match, Punk gets a table, places Jericho on it and does a Randy Savage Elbow Drop through it, forcing Jericho to be taken out on a stretcher.

[B]Winner and STILL WWE Champion: CM Punk [/B]
[B]
World Heavyweight Championship match
Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan [/B]

Daniel Bryan's rematch clause is to be invoked at Extreme Rules following his embarrassing 18 second title loss from WrestleMania 28. On RAW tonight, Sheamus went one on one against Mark Henry with Bryan as guest referee. After Sheamus goes to attack him, Bryan reminds Sheamus that he is the referee. Sheamus turns around from a running lariat from Henry. Bryan counts the fast 1-2-3, sealing a victory for Henry over the champion. After the match, Sheamus went to attack Bryan but Bryan gave him a kick to the head and locked in the 'YES' Lock and kept it locked in until Sheamus passed out. Even though Bryan has gained momentum leading into Extreme Rules by making the champion pass out, I think Sheamus will still win the match. And for a final score. I think it will be:
Bryan 1 - Sheamus 0 via DQ
Bryan 1 - Sheamus 1 via Brogue Kick
Bryan 1 - Sheamus 2 via High Cross

[B]Winner and STILLL World Heavyweight Champion: Sheamus
[/B]
[B]Randy Orton vs. Kane [/B]
The third time these two have fought in a matter of a month. First victory went to Kane at WrestleMania 28 after a Chokeslam off the top rope. Second victory went to Orton in a rematch on SmackDown after an RKO. This is the tie-breaker. This time, it will be No Count Outs, No Disqualification and Falls Count Anywhere. These two had a Street Fight last year that no one will ever forget, which Orton came out on top. My pick at Extreme Rules for this match will have to be Randy Orton. Kane is a worthy opponent, he proved that at WrestleMania. I think in the end, Orton will RKO Kane through the announcer table. And then again on the steel steps for the pinfall.

[B]Winner: Randy Orton
[/B]
[B]Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena
[/B]It has been 8 years since Brock Lesnar has competed in a WWE ring. His last match was at WrestleMania XX in a loss to Goldberg. Even though he hasn't competed in WWE for nearly a decade, John Cena has never beaten Brock at all. Never in singles competition, tag team or battle royals. For each of the three times they have squared off, Cena has always fallen short to The Freak Brock Lesnar. For some reason, I think Extreme Rules will be no different. It's an Extreme Rules match and I think it will be an F5, a kick out by Cena, an Attitude Adjustment, a kick out by Brock and then Cena will let his ego get the best of him like at WrestleMania, make one mistake and Brock F5's his sorry ass through a table for the win.

[B]Winner: Brock Lesnar
[/B][B]
Intercontinental Championship match
Big Show (c) vs. Cody Rhodes[/B]
Cody Rhodes' rematch from WrestleMania 28. Big Show defeated Rhodes to win the Intercontinental Title and ended his 200+ day reign as champion. Big Show then distracted Rhodes on RAW, which allowed Kofi Kingston to capitalise and beat the former champion. Rhodes then got payback on Big Show by costing him a match on SmackDown against Alberto Del Rio. But as far as Extreme Rules is concerned, it is pretty much a no-brainer that Big Show will retain the title just as easily as he won it.

[B]Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Big Show [/B]

[B]Extreme Rules Pre-Show
United States Championship match
Santino Marella (c) vs. The Miz [/B]
This match will air on WWE's YouTube channel as a pre-show match for the US Title. Since their is really no build up to this match, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that The Miz will win the title for the third time.

[B]Winner and NEW United States Champion: The Miz [/B]

[B]I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS POST. THOSE ARE MY PREDICTIONS FOR EXTREME RULES ON SUNDAY/MONDAY IF YOUR IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS BELOW. [/B][/LEFT]

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Extreme Rules 2012 Predictions" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Extreme Rules 2012 Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Extreme Rules 2012 Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Extreme Rules 2012 Predictions" to Google

Comments

i hope either the miz wins or eventually zack ryder wins it again to finally feud with curt hawkins
    Good predictions. I'll be posting mine later this week. They'll be similar but I have a few other ideas in mind.

Good stuff.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.