View RSS Feed

YES! YES! YES!

RAW Reflections - April 23rd 2012

Rate this Entry
YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME.......A 3 hour RAW supershow = 3 hours of very entertaining WWE programming. Minus a few speed bumps along the way. This was the best episode of RAW since the post Wrestlemania edition in my opinion.

OPENING THOUGHTS: There was a lot going on during RAW this week they covered a lot of ground and really gave a lot of screen time to superstars and divas who wouldn't normally get as much during a regular 2 hour show. The superstars didn't seem to tired or banged up (except Beth Pheonix) after their over seas tour. They got a lot done in this show: a contract signing, a backstage assault, a sobriety test, a divas lumberjill match - and I really enjoyed just about all of it. Some of the rivalries got a little more interesting and the in ring action was overall very good.

THE GOOD:
- Right off the bat I must say I found John Laurinaitis' reaction to being boo'd pretty funny. He looked completely shocked to be boo'd. I thought that was pretty funny

-EDGE - My favorite superstar of all time, the rated R superstar edge showed up out of nowhere and I must admit when his music hit I almost jumped out of my seat. He came out a delivered a great motivational speech to John Cena. and I'm very glad he did because I know im not the only one who was getting sick and tired of John Cena's scared puppy dog gimmick he's had going pretty much since Brock's been back. although it turned out at the end of RAW during the contract signing he was back to his scared, chicken shit gimmick. Not even his stupid chain rapped around his fist could give him courage to face Brock.
COME ON JOHN. Your the "face" of the WWE yet your character is scared of everyone who threatens that title, fight for it man. I guess I shouldn't be mad at John I should be mad at creative. (now i know how don draper feels)

JERICHO VS KOFI - Its a treat to watch guys like Jericho and Kofi wrestle, and its even better to watch them wrestler eachother. there were some really cool moments in this match: Kofi's fake ring dive where he used the ropes to slingshot him back into the center of the ring was a sweet move.

the flip over the ropes down onto jericho was sweeet. but the best of all was the Code Breaker jericho delivered to Kofi as kofi flew off the top rope, great timing and impact.

As always Jericho was great on the mic after his match, but the best part of Jericho has to be his slow arrogant walk to ring. its hilariously arrogant.

ADR/RHODES VS BIG SLOW GUYS: I love a good heel, and even more then that I love a good heel tag team and ADR and Rhodes were great. if you have read my previous entries you know that I love ADR hes probably my favorite guy right now. I love everything about him. I liked the assault on the legs of the big men good tactics. I also like how ADR bailed on Rhodes, classic ADR.

RICARDO RODRIQUEZ: He is funny, hes always lurking over the shoulder of ADR trying to warn him about the where abouts of his opponent and doing anything he can to help ADR. i liked when he was fanning him off after del rio got thrown out of the ring that was good stuff.

JOSH MATTHEWS: DON'T TALK BACK TO BROCK LESNAR.

BELLA TWINS: ENOUGH SAID.

BELLA TWINS RING ATTIRE: INCREDIBLE.

CM DRUNK??: That was an awesome segment, you could feel it was coming, that punk was faking obviously but punk waited until the last possible moment to save the day. punk had a few really good lines: "WWF UNIVERSE" that got a good pop. when he said to jericho "your not even cool" and when he said "i watched cops before". that was a good segment gotta love punk.

ROSA MENDES: YES YES YES

SANTINO: HE WAS FIRED UP TONIGHT, right off the start going after the primos or epicos whatever there called. one of the most entertaining guys in ring for my money.

DANIEL BRYAN: This guy just gets better and better each week. throwing his referee shirt in sheamus' face, chanting yes!!!, begging sheamus to hit him, bryan did a great job - it was a nice touch making him the special ref, i thought it really added fuel to the fire in the bryan and sheamus rivalry.

THE BAD:
-LORD TENSAI: BOOOOOOOOOOO, ur so damn boring not a single fan in WWE Universe gives a crap about you, your entrance, your attire, your tattoos, your green mist, and your stupid move set (A-BOMB, GET A NEW FINISHER). its underwhelming, predictable, boring, lame and it failed to launch. the WWE should have killed this lord tensai crap after one week.

DIVAS MATCH: The first time in forever that the divas get more then 30 seconds for a match and A.) Beth pheonix wrecks her ankle B.) gets jumped by like 10 divas after wrecking her ankle C.) loses the title to a diva that im pretty sure is leaving WWE after april....... Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

At first I wasn't sure if it was real but maybe that because I didnt see the injury because I couldnt take my eyes off of nikki bella. but i feel bad for beth, high ankle sprain she seemed to be in quite some pain, what a terrible way to end a near historic title run,

---you never wanna see a superstar get injured like that, it happens so rarely that u almost forget these are pro athletes working their butts off to put on a good show, i hope she has a good recovery.

MARK HENRY: took one hell of a sweet Brogue kick, looked to be KO'd..... Then he just rolls out of the ring and walks away as if someone yelled "CUT". Sell it some more buddy

KHALI: HES 10 FEET TALL 600 POUNDS BUT IM PRETTY SURE HE HAS WOODEN STILTS FOR LEGS, I AM SCARED ONE DAY HE WILL FALL AND WONT BE ABLE TO STAND UP.

EVE: talentless, useless, not hot, bad at speaking. terrible. too much tv time.

KANE AND ORTON: Nothing in it for me, i could care less, not even bringing family into has made it a rivalry I care about. I just cant believe Kane being the devils best friend or what ever..... its old and over done. also I find things hard to believe or get behind if in the real world they would be considered homicide, like when orton put paul bearer in the freezer, or years ago when he lit the coffin the undertaker was in on fire...... its murder dude.

SHEAMUS: ENOUGH WITH YOUR OLD METAPHORS FROM IRELAND!!!!!!!!

BRODUS CLAY: HE HAS BEEN ON TV EVERY DAMN WEEK FOR AS FAR BACK AS I CAN REMEMBER, AND HE HARDLY HAS A MATCH LONGER THAN HIS ENTRANCE OR CELEBRATION. I AM NO LONGER GOING TO EVEN MENTION HIM. HE AND A LITTLE PERSON ACTUALLY HAD A MATCH TONIGHT, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP. the ending was way to predictable with vicki getting in the ring, you knew something would happen. I hope this crap ends soooon.

CONTRACT SIGNING: WHY DOES JOHN CENA HAVE A CHAIN ON HIS HAND. Brock was pretty decent on the mic, seemed a little repetitive at times, but overall he was pretty good. Like i said earlier i am soooo sick of this John Cena's scared, intimidated, chicken shit bullshit. I hope he listen to Edge and goes crazy on sunday. cena really spoiled that segment with his new pansy approach to dealing with his opponents.

*******JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER: WHEN DEL RIO RAN AWAY AND BAILED ON RHODES HE SAID SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF "I'VE HEARD OF RUNNING FOR THE BORDER BUT THIS IS CRAZY". THAT IS RIDICULOUS AND A FIRE-ABLE OFFENSE. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE LARGE LATIN AUDIENCE IN THE WWE, BAD MOVE BY THE KING. BAD BAD MOVE.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Well I said a lot, I think im all out of thoughts, but I really enjoyed this episode of RAW there was a lot of good both in ring and in terms of entertainment, great surprises with edge showing up. the good even seemed to make the bad not as bad, i pretty much forgot about lord tensai, or eve or brodus. so i was a happy guy watching RAW tonight.

QUESTIONS: WHO WILL WIN BROCK VS CENA?????

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BRODUS CLAY??

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE STATE OF THE WWE TAG TEAM DIVISION?? HOW WOULD YOU IMPROVE IT??

DID YOU LIKE RAW?? WHAT DID YOU LIKE BEST?? WHAT DIDN'T YOU LIKE??

DISCIPLINE FOR JERRY THE KING???????

Thanks for reading,
YES! YES! YES!

Submit "RAW Reflections - April 23rd 2012" to Digg Submit "RAW Reflections - April 23rd 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "RAW Reflections - April 23rd 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "RAW Reflections - April 23rd 2012" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This blog is a clear example of someone who is completely brainwashed by the WWE and buys into every bit of garbage they throw at us.

John Laurentaitis in your Good section? Really? I don't know what you're thinking if you find anything about him enjoyable. ADR is your favorite guy right now? Enough said right there. You can tell by his lack of fan reaction, that you're probably very much in the minority with that thinking. But the whopper is your quote. " Brock was pretty decent on the mic, seemed a little repetitive at times, but overall he was pretty good." You've have SERIOUS issues if you can't recognize that he has no clue how to present a promo, follow a script, or even talk at all for that matter. He sounds like a mix between a drunk Mike Tyson and Billy Madison.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    I'm curious... is there a bigger flop right now than Sheamus as champion? Seems like the WWE thought they would be doing Sheamus and the fans a favor by giving him the 18 seconds squash match at Mania. When in fact, it looks like the WWE yanked the rug out from Sheamus' fan reaction by doing this. He used to get some of the bigger face pops leading up to Wrestlemania. Since, his pops have significantly decreased and seems like he gets more boos than anything else these days. I would not be surprised at all to see Sheamus lose the belt this weekend... In the past I would have said absolutely no way would they yank the title off someone who just won it at Wrestlemania (a month ago). If the WWE was smart, they would do a Sheamus heel turn this weekend.
    I agree. Even though I enjoy Daniel Bryan as a heel, despite my hatred for the "Yes" chants, I do think a switcheroo is in order. They should definitely turn Sheamus heel and Bryan face.
    Punk's "You're not cool!" line had me in stitches.
    I was glad to see Cena with the chain, and I'm hoping it leads back to a more aggressive, Chain Gang era Cena, though I'm highly doubtful it will.
    DB might just be the best heel working right now.
    I love Santino, but damn, killing any heat Ziggler or Swagger might have had? Not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    This blog is a clear example of someone who is completely brainwashed by the WWE and buys into every bit of garbage they throw at us.

John Laurentaitis in your Good section? Really? I don't know what you're thinking if you find anything about him enjoyable. ADR is your favorite guy right now? Enough said right there. You can tell by his lack of fan reaction, that you're probably very much in the minority with that thinking. But the whopper is your quote. " Brock was pretty decent on the mic, seemed a little repetitive at times, but overall he was pretty good." You've have SERIOUS issues if you can't recognize that he has no clue how to present a promo, follow a script, or even talk at all for that matter. He sounds like a mix between a drunk Mike Tyson and Billy Madison.
    -If I was "Brainwashed" by the WWE then wouldn't I hate ADR????, and boo him - He is a heel after all, and they want people to hate him. But I cheer for him because I like him, Its MY choice, its MY decision, its on MY terms that I like ADR.... that doesnt sound like being brainwashed, it sonds like me making my own decision on who I like and don't like no matter what the WWE wants. You said im in the minority because I like ADR, well if I was brainwashed by the WWE wouldn't I hate him, like most people. Are you saying that people who like the baby face's and hate the heels are all brainwashed?? Is everyone in the majority brainwashed??

-If I was brainwashed I would love everything the WWE does and not be critical or have negative opinions of anything. I am critical and I have a lot of negative opinions. If I was brainwashed I would think Lord Tensai is the scariest, toughest guy ever. I don't think that. If I was brainwashed I would think Brodus Clay is the funniest most entertaining guy ever. I don't think that.

-The only reason Johnny is in my good section is because I find some of the things he does to be awkwardly and unitentioanly funny. For example, his reaction to the boo's I thought was funny and when he went to hug Eve after giving her a promotion only to get rejected, I thought that was funny. So if finding a few thing he does (unitentioanlly, and awkwardly) funny makes me brainwashed then I guess maybe I am.

-Yes I said Brock was good on the mic. The first time I watch his segment live I didn't, I watched it again and I thought he was good. He was never great before and he has been gone for like 8 years so hes not going to be CM Punk right away. I'm just saying in terms of sounding like a mean prick, I thought he was good. I also said he was repetitive so I didn't give it all positives.

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, Have a good day.
    "A 3 hour RAW supershow = 3 hours of very entertaining WWE programming."

Hmm ... I guess you watched a different show than I did. I disagree with a good bit of what you said. (Just My opinion, though.)
    this was just a horrible raw and I haven't said that in a very long while the only good thing about the show was Brock being a bad ass like always.

Cm Punk was just horrible, people who thought that segment was great you people are out of your mind that was the worst boring crap from Cm Punk he should never act like he's drunk again and just leave it to the professionals.

And John Cena well his character has always looked like a scared lil b**** but if he beats Brock Lesnar this Sunday is all because of his make a wish reputation to show all his lil fans that you can stand up to bullies so much for wrestling entertainment going down the s***
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.