View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WBC Top 5 Series #2 Top 5 Non Wrestlemania PPVs

Rate this Entry

What is up everybody! It is time for another edition of WBC Top 5. Last week, The Piper overtook the champ RatedATB and became the new WBC Top 5 Champ. This week, RatedATB gets his rematch. On top of that, he got to choose the topic, and he chose the top 5 non WM PPVs. So, without further adieu, lets start with the champ, The Piper!

The Piper

Okay, I do have a WWE ppv collection, but not the best, or biggest one, hell, not even close. I don't expect to win this one, but I will try my damn best to make a damn good list. And thanks to Bearkg for allowing me the opportunity to win the title last time. So, without further adieu, here is the list.

5. Backlash 2004
One of the most respected, and treasured Wrestlemania matches happened at Wrestlemania 20 between Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H. Since this is non-Wrestlemania, the re-match will suffice. Beyond the main event, this ppv gave us a great hardcore spectacle between Mick Foley and Randy Orton, mmm....thumbtacks. The emotional Edmonton crowd firmly behind Chris Benoit, and the beat down of Randy Orton, makes this ppv my #5.

4. ECW One Night Stand 2006
I knew that an ECW One Night Stand had to be on this list, but I was torn on which one. I had to go with 2006, 2005 had a great match with Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka, but 2006 had a more balanced card. Some nice Hardcore spots, and the main event with RVD beating Cena, make this ppv take the #4 spot on the list

3. Armageddon 2006
This is where I think I lose. Don't judge yet, this ppv is underrated, but the undercard was damn good. Kane vs. MVP in an Inferno match was not the best, or the worst match of the night, but still decent. Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy in a Last Ride Match is a damn good match, but still not the best of the night. The main event saw WHC Batista and WWE Champion John Cena fight Finlay and Booker T, not a good match, not worthy of the main event. All of these matches mean nothing compared to the Fatal 4 Way tag-team ladder match between London and Kendrick vs. Regal and Taylor vs. MNM vs. The Hardyz, this match is easily the match of the night from all of the bumps on the ladders, to the destruction of Joey Murcury's face. The load of stipulations on the card as well as the amazing moments from the matches makes this ppv take #3.

2.Survivor Series 2002
I don't think I need to defend this pick, do I? The first ever Elimination Chamber match, an elimination tables match, and a triple threat tag-team match makes this ppv take my number 2 spot. Without question, the first Elimination Chamber match is among the best, and defiantly the most memorable and classic.

1. SummerSlam 2000
The first ever TLC match, Shane Mcmahon falling off the rafters, a classic 2 out of three falls between Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit, and The main event story between Kurt Angle, Triple H, and The Rock. All of these things make this an easy #1 on my list, if this isn't a classic ppv to you, you aren't a real wrestling fan.

Great list from The Piper. Now on to the challenger, the former champ, RatedATB

RatedATB

5. Backlash 2001
This is probably going to go down as a forgotten classic, but I love this show. Earlier in the month, WWF put on arguably he greatest wrestling event of all time, and they most likely didn't disappoint with this follow up. The show opened up with a surprisingly solid match between the Dudley Boyz and X-Factor. Remember those guys? The show kept going hot with a match between Raven and Rhyno, which I think is the greatest match for the WWF Hardcore Title in history and a forgotten gem. These two beat the f*** out of each other and did some great intense spots. You also had my favorite match of the night, featuring a 30 minute ultimate submission match between Angle and Benoit that I think is another forgotten gem. These two told an amazing story and JR and Paul Heyman provided amazing commentary that really played up to the whole submission only stipulation. Then we head into a fun match between Big Show and Shane McMahon that saw one of the biggest leaps in the history of the WWE as Shane elbow dropped show from the top of the stage. Throw in a good match for the European title between Matt Hardy, Christian, and Eddie Guerrero, and top it off with a great tag match between the Two Man Power Trip and the Brothers of Destruction and you have a fantastic ppv. 9/10

4. Backlash 2000
I promise not to make this a Backlash list lol. What a way to make up for a shitty WrestleMania, this show, unlike the next years Backlash is remembered by many people. Mainly because of the stellar main event, but the rest of the card is also fantastic. It opened up HOT with a match between Edge and Christian against DX that was better than it really should have been. Keep it going with a Light Heavyweight title match between Dean Malenko and Scotty Too Hotty, which is probably the best LH Title Match in WWE history. Dean Malenko did wonders for that belt. After a shitty match featuring the APA and Bossman/Bull Buchanan, we got a fun hardcore title free for all that was stolen by the Hardy Boyz. Crash really made that title what it was, but the Hardyz made this match entertaining, and more than just a brawl of weapons. Squeeze two matches in between a solid match between Eddie Guerrero and Essa Rios, and finish it off with one of my all time favorite matches. That's right folks, the match that should have main evented WrestleMania 2000, The Rock vs. Triple H in one HELL of a match. The crowd was WAY into it and made it feel like a special match. The Rock finally won the WWF title again and all was right with the world. The main event of this show was outright fantastic and started off a hot summer for the WWE that hasn't been replicated sense. 9/10

3. Money in the Bank 2011
I just had to pop this one in, it was such an amazing event. This was a ppv for us folks, for one night the WWE catered to our smark ideas and gave us the best show WWE has put on in years. The story alone was enough to give us something to enjoy, as CM Punk and John Cena had an amazing feud going into this. We all know the story; would Punk leave as champ, or was he gone for good? For the first time in a long time the WWE had us guessing what was going to happen, and after one HELL of a main event we got our answers. In a shocking moment, CM Punk won the WWE title while the Chicago crowd gave the WWE their approval. It was an amazing moment that will go down in WWE history. The rest of the card was also really good, with two amazing Money in the Bank ladder matches, one of them giving us the beginning of Daniel Bryan's push. We also saw Christian finally win a World Title and knew he was going to keep it for longer than 2 days. This is a show that will be remembered for the ages. 9.5/10

2. SummerSlam 2002
The Wrestlemania 17 equivalent of SummerSlams. This show was all around amazing and is in my opinion the greatest SummerSlam of all time. It had a hot undercard with matches such as Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge, and RVD vs. Chris Benoit. They all delivered fast paced action that really showed a bright future for the WWE. We saw Brock Lesnar finish off the biggest push in history as he defeated Rock in a great main event and launched the Next Big Thing into the main event. And finally, we had a classic match between HHH and HBK that showed us HBK still had it. There isn't much else you can say about this other than it was a night full of great wrestling and is the best SummerSlam of all time. 9.5/10

1. One Night Stand 2005
Yes folks! In many ways the perfect night of wrestling. This was a classic show and is my favorite non WrestleMania ever. As far as historical significance, there really isn't much. It was a stand alone show that was so successful that it branched out into a third brand for WWE and turned into what we now know as Extreme Rules. The show started off right with a fantastic opener with Lance Storm and Chris Jericho. We had a couple of solid matches with Rey Mysterio taking on Psychosis and Super Crazy vs Tajiri vs Little Guido. This fun action lead us to an emotional promo from RVD that transformed into a match between Rhyno and Sabu. Not the most technical match but it was fun, and we got to see some classic Sabu/RVD action, AND RVD cut a great shoot promo. The great wrestling continues with Benoit and Guerrero in a not-so-surprising great match. These two never disappoint and this time was no different, with a lot of great back and forth action. Speaking of not disappointing, the next match was Masato Tanaka vs. Mike Awesome and these two picked up right where they left off by putting on in my opinion the match of the night. These two are some bad MF'ers and this match did nothing short of proving that claim right. The final match would be Sandman/Tommy Dreamer taking on the Dudleyz and it was everything you could want and more. Take an electric entrance from Sandman, some run ins from the BWO, Kid Kash, Axl Rotten, and Balls Mahoney, an intense hardcore match, and a flaming table bump and you have one hell of a main event that caps off one amazing night. As if that wasn't enough, the night ends with a promo by Stone Cold gathering the ECW talent to the ring and wrecking Eric Bischoff's shit. It was a classic night that gave ECW the respective nod and thanked them for all they did for this business. 10/10

A great list from ATB as well. Now it is up to you the viewer. Make sure to vote for who you agree more with!

Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #2 Top 5 Non Wrestlemania PPVs" to Digg Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #2 Top 5 Non Wrestlemania PPVs" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #2 Top 5 Non Wrestlemania PPVs" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC Top 5 Series #2 Top 5 Non Wrestlemania PPVs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RatedATB​ gets the vote for me
    RatedATB wins for me

but 1 thing i would like to add is that im not really a fan of this rematch thing...i prefer new challenger everyweek...sorry for complainning btw
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    RatedATB wins for me

but 1 thing i would like to add is that im not really a fan of this rematch thing...i prefer new challenger everyweek...sorry for complainning btw
    I agree, the rematch is kind of pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    RatedATB wins for me

I don't take it as complaining akbar. Ill def think about your point
    RatedATB gets my vote
    RatedATB for the win AGAIN
    Can I get a pity vote please?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.