View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Are Creatives in TNA on the Same Page?

Rate this Entry
While watching TNA last Thursday, I had a lot more questions than answers after Lockdown. I have no idea what the direction of the company is especially with their champions. I'll see if someone can answer some of these questions for me especially the title question which I'll start with. What questions did I ask myself after Impact?

1.Is everyone in TNA on the same page? AJ Styles complaining about his time on Impact weeks ago on his twitter. This week on Impact after Knockouts match, Brooke pinned Gail Kim. What happened? Brooke, Mickie, and Tara were in the background with Velvet up front in the camera. Is Velvet getting another shot? I thought Brooke may be on the verge after that pinfall, but you didn't have her on the screen. I like Velvet and wanted her to get the title back at Lockdown, but she lost. I prefer Velvet over Brooke, but Brooke got the pin. She should be the one in the spotlight celebrating the victory. Not Velvet and her team left without her. Is everyone on the same page in TNA?

2.How is Abyss going to return? Been about 2 months since the brother of Abyss has been searching for him and now he has progress? Gunner told him his last match was with Bully Ray. Wouldn't that be the first person you would question? How is Abyss and his brother going to meet? They can't meet in the ring because Abyss is his brother. I guess they could have one in the ring with a pretaped promo by the other. It just seems a bit foolish for him to take this long to question Bully Ray.

3.Daniels/Kaz/AJ storyline continues?-I thought the fued was over, but it seems like they keep adding more to the story to keep it going for god knows why. How many times is Daniels going to face AJ? This is the only way he can keep his job because they have no idea how to use him besides that. I want Kaz/Daniels to compete for the tag titles vs Joe/Magnus possibly at Slammiversary. Hopefully it happens cuz I'm a bit tired of the AJ/Kaz/Daniels storyline. Storylines with the same guys in the same matches is boring after at most 4 months I'd say for a storyline. End it and move on because I'm sick of hearing the story because I don't care what is in the envolope.

4.Bischoff censoring?-When a wrestler said Bischoff they kept censoring that out. I kept wondering why, but I remembered why....Bischoff name was the stipulation at Lockdown. Why add that? Censoring is annoying and they are going to say his name how many times next week for his sendoff? Why keep adding stipulations in storylines? Why not make it simple instead of foolish? If Bischoff loses he leaves....it should be that simple. You don't need to keep adding cherry's on top if you get what I'm saying. I'm glad the Bischoff storyline is over....only positive about this. I hope Flair and Gunner don't continue to fued with Garett.....plz don't spoil me with the garbage. I beg of you....

5.Opening segment to Impact-In case you missed it, Jeff Hardy and Kennedy wanted a shot at the world title. They were put in a singles match to decide who faces Roode, but RVD was randomly added in a backstage segment with Hogan. Why not have RVD come out in the opening segment rather than do that stupid backstage segment? Why is Jeff getting another oppurtunity to get an oppurtunity? How many title shots can you have in TNA. He faces Roode several times before Victory Road. I'd prefer to keep it fresh....not make Roode face the same guys. RVD did win to face Roode at Sacrifice. For anyone who read my blog on Roode's title reign...I had Roode vs RVD for the main event. TNA may be taking notes from my blog. Hope to goodness RVD don't beat him. Rather see a guy like Crimson beat him for the title who hasn't had a title run. Not the same old guys....I'd prefer Crimson's streak vs Roode's title at Bound For Glory this year. what else would be bigger than that? Nothing!!

6.MCMG lose on their comeback? It makes absolutely no sense for them to lose that momentum they had upon their return. I thought when Alex Shelley was fueding with Aries that Sabin would be the one to dethrone him of the X-Division title because of that tease. It didn't happen for god knows what reason. Who's left for Aries to face? Why put them in a tag title match vs the tag champs and lose?

7.Constant teasing of title change, and no trigger pulled-I felt like Roode was going to take the title off of Roode at Lockdown, but it didn't happen. It is probably because he is hurt. Velvet Sky's joke reign that we were ready to see her on top. Gets a shot at Lockdown not letting the pigeons loose til after the fued. She lost again to Gail Kim. Who's left for her to face? I don't want Brooke to be champion. Why do you still have KO tag titles? I want Sarita or Velvet to have a reign as KO champion. It gets to a point where, you have nothing left for Gail Kim to accomplish because she has faced virtually everybody. What ever happened to Karen vs Velvet storyline? I was wanting them to face at some point, but it never occured because Kurt beat Jarrett to take them both off of TV.

8.Why is Zema Ion not the X-Division champ? The guy who injured Jesse Sorrenson and received major heat for it has not really been on TV. Why is that? I thought they would have been smart enough to capitalize on this oppurtunity to give him the X-Division title and face Sorrenson when he returns. Ion beat everyone til Sorrenson returns when no one is left for him to face. What a waste of what could have been a good story. The heat is no longer there after him losing to Aries after I thought he would get the belt. Who is left for Aries to face?

9.Fight Night every month? I'm not a fan of UFC and have no idea why wrestling that they pushed in our face constantly matters, but no state of the word in the Fight Night. I have a hard time grasping the concept. 1 Impact a month, we will have a show where a no body can challenge any champion for their belts. If Hogan and 3 judges are impressed....they may receive a contract. Wait, TV title will also be defended every week. Why is Devon the champ anyways? I think this concept is the only way to use up all the dates in his contract because they don't know how to use Devon. That is my best guess here. Anderson later in the show says he will challenge the world champ on Fight Night. Is it for TNA contracted wrestlers as well?

I'm puzzled by a lot of things in TNA. Is everyone on the same page? What is Fight Night? For no name wrestlers to battle champs surely will get ratings I suppose. Why doesn't TNA pull the trigger? Why did MCMG lose so soon? Zema Ion not X-Division champ? Why keep adding cherry's on top? How is Abyss going to return? When is Daniels/Kaz/AJ storyline going to end?

Submit "Are Creatives in TNA on the Same Page?" to Digg Submit "Are Creatives in TNA on the Same Page?" to del.icio.us Submit "Are Creatives in TNA on the Same Page?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Are Creatives in TNA on the Same Page?" to Google

Updated 04-23-2012 at 11:28 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I agree with you about TNA Creative not being on the same page. I even agree with some of the points you made (why is Devon TV champ? KO Tag Titles need to go.) However, I have some points I'd like to argue.

1.) Zema Ion DOES deserve a push- Let's be real, everybody knows he damn near crippled Jesse Soreson. While I think it sucks, Zema should've been/ should be getting pushed as a MONSTER heel. I mean MASSIVE. He should be so heel, HEELS are coming out telling him he's f***ked up. You know? Have the kid come out and gloat about damn near killing a man, then have Kid Kash (a heel who was feuding with Jesse) and call of Zema for doing something not even HE would do. PUT THE KID OVER! However, Zema Ion doesn't need/deserve the X-Division belt. Jesse is going to be out for a year, and possibly never return. So while they're still waiting for his return time table, just build build build Zema, then about 3-4 months out of the return time table, THEN put the belt on Zema so that Jesse can take it off of him, and have a bitter blood feud. However, as of right now, I along with the majority of the general audience, don't give a piss about Zema Ion. He had some major heat, and TNA blew it.

2.)Crimson vs. Bobby Roode at BFG- The streak vs. Roode's title reign. What could be bigger you ask? Well 1, Crimson is an up and coming heel and you want him to face one of the best heels in the business today? WRESTLING 101: You can get away with face vs. face (Hogan/Warrior,Rock/Austin) but heel vs. heel SELDOM works. Now granted you could turn Crimson face....but they just turned him heel.....NOT TO MENTION (my main point here) you ask "what could be bigger?" My answer: me taking a dump. Cause that's what I'd do during this match. Everybody likes to compare Crimson and Goldberg cause of their streak, but in reality, Crimson can't hold Goldberg's nut strap. WHY? Cause Bill had the IT factor, Crimson...DOESN'T. Cause if he did...we'd know by now.

3.)Why make the MCMG lose their tag title match- BUILD. BUILD. BUILD. The Guns got their first tag team title when they beat Beer Money for the vacant belts. NOT an established team. So why not have their second title run be from beating an established GOOD tag team like Joe/Magnus? PLUS, it'd be quite cliche' for on the Guns SECOND MATCH BACK they win the tag team titles. I honestly wouldn't even believe it. AND I'M A GUNS MARK!

other then that, I agree with you completely TNA is falling deep down in the WCW shitter, product wise. You know in 1998 Eddie Guerrero and Chavo had a feud in WCW, some remember this as the Pepe angle. Well after they CLEARLY had the big blow off match a Hair vs. Hair match, Chavo would continue to interfere in Eddie's matches. It never built up to anything big, or another PPV match, they just had no idea wtf to do with either of them. So they clung to their last angle. Sound familiar? Christopher Daniels....AJ....Kaz.
    LOOK! I love the Fallen Angel GIMMICK. And I love Daniels in the ring. HOWEVER, he's not preforming under the Fallen Angel GIMMICK. And he's been feuding with AJ Styles for a FULL YEAR. No really go look it up. Out of the 8 PPV's AJ Styles has been in since last years Destination-X PPV, he's either fought against, tagged with, or fought somebody with Daniels at ringside in all but 2 matches.
    As much as I like Daniels, he will ALWAYS be used by TNA to fight AJ Styles, and then flounder. The EXACT same way Jerry Lynn is used towards RVD. You bring Daniels and Lynn in, you have them fight AJ and RVD, respectively. You have like 2 or 3 more matches, where AJ and RVD come out on top, and then next thing you know you never hear from Lynn or Daniels again. It's sad that they can't think of stuff for such great talent.

Instead we get stuck with little Bischoff
    A lot of the things you say don't make much sense to me.. Ion had been on TV for a while, if he's off TV for a week of two doesn't mean anything. If they take the belt of AA and give it to Ion, people bitch either way. If the MCMG won, people will bitch about it not being fair and how they should work their way to the top again instead of burying a new team like Joe and Magnus. if Storm won in his hometown, people will bitch about it being predictable. Devon gets HUGE pops from the crowd, and it's a problem that he's holding the TV belt?! When they're trying to re build the belt on tv?! To a crow that goes nuts for the the TV champion?! On TV?! What's wrong with that picture?! How many times does AJ Styles need to be on the spotlight?! Him and Joe did literally everything a wrestler could do in TNA, and Joe said this himself; he is comfortable helping build the young talent and making new stars.. See what he's doing for Magnus? I much rather see guys like Roode, Storm, and Aries being on the main event since they barely got to taste the spotlight while AJ, Joe, Daniels, and the veterans were hogging it before.
    Fight Night is a new concept that hasn't been done before, and it hasn't even happen yet, so why complain?
    Updated 04-24-2012 at 11:51 AM by AlexWorldOrder
    Quote Originally Posted by nrb6304
    I agree with you about TNA Creative not being on the same page. I even agree with some of the points you made (why is Devon TV champ? KO Tag Titles need to go.) However, I have some points I'd like to argue.

1.) Zema Ion DOES deserve a push- Let's be real, everybody knows he damn near crippled Jesse Soreson. While I think it sucks, Zema should've been/ should be getting pushed as a MONSTER heel. I mean MASSIVE. He should be so heel, HEELS are coming out telling him he's f***ked up. You know? Have the kid come out and gloat about damn near killing a man, then have Kid Kash (a heel who was feuding with Jesse) and call of Zema for doing something not even HE would do. PUT THE KID OVER! However, Zema Ion doesn't need/deserve the X-Division belt. Jesse is going to be out for a year, and possibly never return. So while they're still waiting for his return time table, just build build build Zema, then about 3-4 months out of the return time table, THEN put the belt on Zema so that Jesse can take it off of him, and have a bitter blood feud. However, as of right now, I along with the majority of the general audience, don't give a piss about Zema Ion. He had some major heat, and TNA blew it.

2.)Crimson vs. Bobby Roode at BFG- The streak vs. Roode's title reign. What could be bigger you ask? Well 1, Crimson is an up and coming heel and you want him to face one of the best heels in the business today? WRESTLING 101: You can get away with face vs. face (Hogan/Warrior,Rock/Austin) but heel vs. heel SELDOM works. Now granted you could turn Crimson face....but they just turned him heel.....NOT TO MENTION (my main point here) you ask "what could be bigger?" My answer: me taking a dump. Cause that's what I'd do during this match. Everybody likes to compare Crimson and Goldberg cause of their streak, but in reality, Crimson can't hold Goldberg's nut strap. WHY? Cause Bill had the IT factor, Crimson...DOESN'T. Cause if he did...we'd know by now.

3.)Why make the MCMG lose their tag title match- BUILD. BUILD. BUILD. The Guns got their first tag team title when they beat Beer Money for the vacant belts. NOT an established team. So why not have their second title run be from beating an established GOOD tag team like Joe/Magnus? PLUS, it'd be quite cliche' for on the Guns SECOND MATCH BACK they win the tag team titles. I honestly wouldn't even believe it. AND I'M A GUNS MARK!

other then that, I agree with you completely TNA is falling deep down in the WCW shitter, product wise. You know in 1998 Eddie Guerrero and Chavo had a feud in WCW, some remember this as the Pepe angle. Well after they CLEARLY had the big blow off match a Hair vs. Hair match, Chavo would continue to interfere in Eddie's matches. It never built up to anything big, or another PPV match, they just had no idea wtf to do with either of them. So they clung to their last angle. Sound familiar? Christopher Daniels....AJ....Kaz.
    LOOK! I love the Fallen Angel GIMMICK. And I love Daniels in the ring. HOWEVER, he's not preforming under the Fallen Angel GIMMICK. And he's been feuding with AJ Styles for a FULL YEAR. No really go look it up. Out of the 8 PPV's AJ Styles has been in since last years Destination-X PPV, he's either fought against, tagged with, or fought somebody with Daniels at ringside in all but 2 matches.
    As much as I like Daniels, he will ALWAYS be used by TNA to fight AJ Styles, and then flounder. The EXACT same way Jerry Lynn is used towards RVD. You bring Daniels and Lynn in, you have them fight AJ and RVD, respectively. You have like 2 or 3 more matches, where AJ and RVD come out on top, and then next thing you know you never hear from Lynn or Daniels again. It's sad that they can't think of stuff for such great talent.

Instead we get stuck with little Bischoff
    2.Crimson turn face of course. I'm not making crimson Goldberg or pretending that he could be, but this could be a way to create a new star. Why have him face Roode? Undefeated of course. So Roode vs Crimson is no good apparently? What is? Roode vs Storm 5 or Roode vs Hardy 5. Let us be serious here, no time in TNA history has an undefeated guy like Crimson has challenged for the world title. That is why it should be the main event? What element would be better? What could top a streak vs title match? Not Roode vs Bully Ray, Roode vs Storm, Roode vs Jeff Hardy, and certainly not AJ Styles vs Roode. TNA would have their own streak at their biggest ppv event.

3.MCMG should have waited to get their tag team title shot at Slammiversary. What do you do with them til than? Fued with Aries, Mexican America, or Robbie E+T. A lot of options you could go with so they wouldn't lose in first couple months. Let them get some W's under their belt so they can earn the title shot. Not just win it on Impact to throw them into a cage match for no reason. Joe/Magnus don't have beef with the MCMG. The only thing it was over was the tag titles. That is why they should have waited.

1.Ion doesn't deserve it? You have to deserve to be X-Division champion now? That is why Robbie E deserved it and so forth. Ion should have just been given the title based on the heat he received. Who says he has to beat Aries clean? He is a heel, so Aries can move up the ranks. Aries is hardly defending the title now. What is the point of keeping the title on him? Ion could have gotten more heat than every heel in that company including Roode and Bully Ray. Who deserves to dethrone Aries of the title? That is one thing I'd like to be answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder
    A lot of the things you say don't make much sense to me.. Ion had been on TV for a while, if he's off TV for a week of two doesn't mean anything. If they take the belt of AA and give it to Ion, people bitch either way. If the MCMG won, people will bitch about it not being fair and how they should work their way to the top again instead of burying a new team like Joe and Magnus. if Storm won in his hometown, people will bitch about it being predictable. Devon gets HUGE pops from the crowd, and it's a problem that he's holding the TV belt?! When they're trying to re build the belt on tv?! To a crow that goes nuts for the the TV champion?! On TV?! What's wrong with that picture?! How many times does AJ Styles need to be on the spotlight?! Him and Joe did literally everything a wrestler could do in TNA, and Joe said this himself; he is comfortable helping build the young talent and making new stars.. See what he's doing for Magnus? I much rather see guys like Roode, Storm, and Aries being on the main event since they barely got to taste the spotlight while AJ, Joe, Daniels, and the veterans were hogging it before.
    Fight Night is a new concept that hasn't been done before, and it hasn't even happen yet, so why complain?
    Why would people had been angry if Ion was the one to beat Aries. Aries has had the longest run with the X-Division title than anyone in the history of TNA. It isn't like he is defending the belt. He has become bigger than the X-Division now where he is wrestling top guys like Bully Ray and not X-Division guys.

I thought it was a terrible time for MCMG to get their tag title match so soon. Let them face at a big ppv like Slammiversary in a tag team title match in a regular title match. Not have them face Joe/Magnus in a cage match in first matchup.

I had no problem with Storm winning in his hometown because Roode had a decent run with the title.

Devon gets a huge pop? Who doesn't get a huge heat or a huge pop from the crowd in the Impact Zone? Garett Bischoff even gets a huge pop from the crowd. They edit it, but he gets a huge pop.

Who says AJ deserves the spotlight or another chance at a World title? I'm ready to get to the point with the fued because I'm kind of tired of it. They've been fueding for at least 4 months now. It is time to move on and do something different. Daniels and AJ have faced several times which is one of the reasons why I always have hated their fueds in recent years. TNA has no idea to use him and that is Daniels crutch that is holding him up.

Joe has done so much in TNA? He's done a lot of jobbing in recent years. If you are going to have him on your program....you might as well use him right instead of making him look like he can't battle against the best talent in the biz.

Joe, AJ, and Daniels have been hogging the spotlight? What has AJ done since he lost the title to RVD in 2010? What has Joe done since joining the MEM in 2009? What has Daniels done since fueding with Styles just about every single year he has been under contract? I don't want guys like RVD, Anderson, Hardy, and Sting hogging the spotlight. I've wanted Sting to retire since he 2008 or 2009. The perfect exit would have been after 2009 Bound For Glory. I have no problem with Roode, Storm, and Aries main eventing. It is time to move on with some of these fueds especially Daniels vs AJ and Storm vs Roode. They've battled more times than I care to count over the world title. Have him face different guys instead of the same old guys. I want Roode to battle different guys and hold on to the title til Bound For Glory. I want Aries to get the X-Division title off of him so he can get out of the division and start battling top guys such as Angle, Bully Ray, and so forth.

Fight Night concept is a bit hard to understand. Why would people care about guys who we don't know who wants a job with TNA? Why do they get shots at the titles while other guys in the back can barely get on TV weekly?
    6.MCMG lose on their comeback? It makes absolutely no sense for them to lose that momentum they had upon their return. I thought when Alex Shelley was fueding with Aries that Sabin would be the one to dethrone him of the X-Division title because of that tease. It didn't happen for god knows what reason. Who's left for Aries to face? Why put them in a tag title match vs the tag champs and lose?

I get what your saying, but if mcmg win the titles on the second match back. Where would they go from there especially seeing as they would likely beat joe and magnus a second time. Having them lose give credit to joe and magnus as "real" tag champs. Also it gives us a chance to prolong the feud between them. How sweet would a best of seven series that ends at slamiversary (spelling sry)

That was just my take on it. I basically thought hey were gonna do the same with storm vs roode. In this case it was a chance to give storm some time off due to nagging injuries. Basically the dude has been hurt for most of his push. Which IMO is a damn shame gotta love storm vs roode.

I hope they don't get too excited and give the belt to rvd. If so hope Roode gets it back quick

the last thing, I know Aries is x-division champ and, we love that division. They ar building him towards the main event

ps. it seemed like angle was kinda fac like with AJ at then end of there match

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.