View RSS Feed

Sahu

It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Hey folks, I'm Sahu _ The Dream Merchant..I've been around for a while...this is my first blog!!! I don't know how ppl will react to it..But...,

What is this blog all about??

This blog is all about my love towards professional wrestling (WWF/WWE in particular) with The Rock as the center piece. I know it’s late n The Rocky's season is over n the current flavour is Brock. But...,

What motivated me to write this blog??

I got the idea of this blog when my boss asked me a unique question for which I had no answer except a shy smile....He asked me "Why are you using the phrase 'It doesn't matter' too much these days?" Yes!! I'm using the phrase quite often these days :d....so I want to write a blog here how and why that simple phrase and THE MOST ELECTRIFYING man who used it has influenced my entire teenage....

How my love towards WWF started??

Back in those days pro-wrestling was a taboo in India...n very few people used to watch it..and I was one among them...When I started watching WWF, people who caught my attention were Harts (owen n Bret), Mr.Perfect, British Bulldogs, etc....I loved them and esp Bret 'The Hitman" Hart...when he said he was/is/ever will be the Best, I believed in it... okay, let’s save Bret for a different day now...so, my love towards WWF started with Bret...n I became a huge fan of pro-wrestling n also started watching WCW (which used to be telecasted in late nights in India..).

The Rock

That was the time When Rocky Maivia came and initially I was not at all interested in him...but, the moment he joined NoD and started giving speeches in third person I loved it...In India the royal families used to speak in Third Person back in 60s-70s...probably that is the reason why he became more popular than any other pro-wrestler in India back then...pro-wrestling fans throughout the nation were singing tunes along with The jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising Superstar..
Whenever we cousins or friends come together, we used to write our own scripts cut our own promos imitating the pro-wrestlers and used to play WWF :d I was always The Rock!!

People’s Champion and the Ultimatum of my Madness

When he started calling himself the People’s champion, my liking towards him has increased…here I want to tell one story of my madness...one day, we all school boys gathered at my residence and started playing WWF on on our terrace...I as usual played The Rock and after a story / promos and other things...The Rock has won the match...n I imitating The Rock has climbed the terrace wall which is on the third floor (G+3) and started smelling like The Rock..

My neighbor has noticed it and he complained to my parents..My parents then gave me a beating..:d n complained about me n my gang in my school..My school principal also prevented US (The WWF boys) meeting each other even in the intervals n lunch breaks..for months I was not allowed to see WWF...:d

Losing interest in WWE and pro-wrestling

I lost interest in WWE when ppl like The Rock n SCSA left and with the deaths of Eddie and Benoit (esp Benoit) my interest has got reduced by a large amount…though I still follow wrestling, I do not have that eagerness I used to have earlier.

The Great One’s Return and the Nostalgia:

When The great One’s return was announced, I again started watching wrestling with more interest..I wanted to feel the electricity again…though The Rock was not at his best…still I thoroughly enjoyed him… I started using his catch phrases once again in my daily routine and now that The Rock is popular everyone understood it and some laughed at me
But I took this opportunity and invited all of my old friends and we had a gr8 meet throughout this week, we have brought all the DVDs of The Rock, The matches which we have recorded when they were telecasted in TVs…the matches we have downloaded and everything...we had a projector n placed it on the rver bank and watched all of those videos..We have once again played with our own stories and our own promos…and had a gr8 blast…we relived our teenage….the only difference is that the cool drinks are replaced by Vodka and Rum..:d and now we are not as athletic/agile as we used to be in our teenage..

Then, I realized why WWE has brought The Great One back!!! Hope he makes more appearances for The Rock's MILLIONS of Fans like me!!!

Thanks for Reading!!!

Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to Digg Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to Google

Updated 04-22-2012 at 04:50 AM by Sahu

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From a fellow Rocky fan; Nice read.
    I am from India myself and I understand what you mean by wrestling being a taboo (though its an extreme word to use in the context), but till date wrestling is looked at as violent form of sport watched by those with twisted minds or teenagers or low class people. But being born out of a family with broad-minded people, I've started watching wrestling as a kid with my dad, lol. I still remember watching HBK vs Razor Ramon - the famous ladder match, at my friend's place together with my other buddies. We used to collect trading cards and play with them. Our school used to conduct inspections every now and then to make sure students aren't carrying any of them, lol.

Star sports India used to air WWF back then and Indian cable operators always used to take the channel off every time there's no cricket match and this used to piss me off and slowly that and increasing load of studies led me to stop watching wrestling. After a few years, I started watching wrestling again, and the first thing I watched after my return to wrestling programming was this guy who looked like a black Elvis Presley with his sunglasses on talking trash, referring to himself in 3rd person, pure personification of attitude and arrogance. And I started loving being a wrestling fan again. I used to change my haircut, learnt to raise my eyebrow, and started asking my friends to Bring It. All that crazy stuff a hardcore fan in his teenages would do. Everyone else started "Growin Up" and their interest in wrestling faded as life got more serious, but not for me! I only took it to new levels, talking like The Great One on the mic at college events during my graduation, starting my speech on the stage with "Finally The Rock has come back to 'the event's name'" and ending it with "If ya smellalalala......." lol.

For me, The Rock has rekindled my interest in wrestling again after a long gap. And that's the reason I added it to my ID. I can write a long story about it, but this in short explains why there's a reason The Rock still draws and has his hardcore fan-following.
    We used to collect trading cards and play with them. Our school used to conduct inspections every now and then to make sure students aren't carrying any of them, lol.
    THis THis part I truly forgot when i wrote this blog!! Trade cards used to be a major part of our chidhood/teenage....eyebrow rising competitions we used to have in our school/college is another thing I have not mentioned...

Thanks for reminding them Phani!!!n r u from AP??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    THis THis part I truly forgot when i wrote this blog!! Trade cards used to be a major part of our chidhood/teenage....eyebrow rising competitions we used to have in our school/college is another thing I have not mentioned...

Thanks for reminding them Phani!!!n r u from AP??
    You're welcome dude, and Oh Hell yes! I'm from AP
    You're welcome dude, and Oh Hell yes! I'm from AP
    I got it from your name...I'm from Vijayawada....nice meeting you bro!!!8)

currently i'm in Chennai from past 4 yrs...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.