View RSS Feed

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority

Bound for Glory Series - Who could win it?

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Hey all, TNA blog for you all today. As I'm sure most of you know, the Bound for Glory series 2012 officially started last night. I've been putting some thought in to what chance each wrestler has of winning it all. As always tear it apart and form your own opinion in the comments.

#1 - James Storm (9/10)
Unquestioned favourite. BFG seems set up for a Roode v Storm WHC match. Gauntlet win just solidified his status top of the pile.

#2 - Jeff Hardy (8/10)
Biggest draw and biggest merch seller in TNA and has yet to win the title as a face. Could the young and female fans favourite main event the biggest show of the year for TNA? Quite possibly.

#3 - Kurt Angle (8/10)
Been on a bit of a role since turning face. Is always in or around the world title scene, could we see a rematch of last years main event? Probably not but it is possible.

#4 - Samoa Joe (7/10)
Hasn't been relevant for a long time but this might be to his benefit, some people are still very high on him backstage and his match against Aries would have helped him. He is my outside tip.

#5 - Bully Ray (7/10)
Being in a major storyline already counts against him but he has been waiting for a singles title match for months now. Can't see it happening while Roode is champion though and I can't see Roode dropping the belt before BFG. If he does though, Bully Ray is a good shout.

#6 - Rob Van Dam (6/10)
A big name who TNA likes to promote but has had a recent title shot and TNA won't need to build him up so a win is unlikely.

#7 - Mr Anderson (6/10)
Interchangeable with RVD, both unlikely for the same reason and are both unlikely to be the guy the company looks to build around.

#8 - AJ Styles (5/10)
TNA's poster boy so he always has a chance but with at least 3 title shot loses to Roode already he won't be getting another. Add to this his leading role in a major storyline and AJ will probably lose many more matches than people expect him to.

#9 - Daniels (4/10)
The other major participant in the AJ Styles storyline, hasn't been considered for the world title ever. His build, his age and being a heel all go against him so he won't be making the final 4.

#10 - Magnus (3/10)
A young guy who is a potential future champion but it seems unlikely to be his time yet. TNA may well use this series to build him up and project him into or around the title picture so he is an outside shot to get into the last 4.

#11 - D'angelo Dinero (3/10)
Another one who is in the series seemingly from nowhere, has been pushed before but doesn't seem like his time to be pushed again. Will likely be used to build up other guys in the series but remains a bit of a wildcard.

#12 - Robbie E (1/10)
Every tournament needs a whipping boy, stands zero chance unless everyone else gets injured.

So there you go, they are my rankings from day 1 of the series. Will be interesting to look at them again in 3 months and see if TNA were thinking the same way. Opinions and alternate rankings please.

Submit "Bound for Glory Series - Who could win it?" to Digg Submit "Bound for Glory Series - Who could win it?" to del.icio.us Submit "Bound for Glory Series - Who could win it?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bound for Glory Series - Who could win it?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I like the rankings. I do think that it sets up perfectly for James Storm to rematch with Bobby Roode. But I would love to see a curveball with Joe or Magnus getting it...or at least, both of them making a run for it. Have you noticed it's very face heavy this year?
    Didn't understand the inspiration of putting Robbie E in til you explained. Good blog
    Agree with your rankings. But NOT with your statement of roode not losing the title before then. with basically every major face in the,bfg series who else will challenge him? So the way I see it have AA beat him at DX then have the two face off till sept then have roode win again now setting up storm and roode at bfg.

Or roode cheats to beat aa rematch in, August aa wins it. Drops it back to,roose in September. Roger storm bfg
    James Storm will win the Bound for Glory Series and he will win the World title at Bound for Glory, and have a solid long title reign
    Storm or Airies should win.
    I'd also like to see Rob Terry in the competition, even though I know a lot of the IWC don't like him.
    Ah I just watched impact, I guess Airies isn't in the series.
    Storm or Angle will win.
    brooke hogan will win XD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.