View RSS Feed

VoiceOfTheSilentMajority

Expansion: Booking Slammiversary

Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
TNA has been getting some bad publicity recently, maybe fairly or maybe its harsh. However Lockdown should have been titled Letdown, it was a truly terrible show. TNA needs to recover in two months at Slammiversary so they must produce a great show with a great card. I have posted my ideas on someone elses blog but here I go into more detail about what I would do. It's always fun to play booker so enjoy!

DM: Eric Young (w/ODB) v Robbie E (w/Robbie T)

Eric Young and his comedy wrestling opens the show against Robbie E and his… well I’m not really sure how to describe what he does. Anyway, EY gets the crowd warmed up nicely by putting Robbie E away. ODB gets in the way of Robbie T to stop him getting involved at some point.

01: X Division Title; Austin Aries (c) v Zema Ion v Kazarian
A 3 way X division match will open this show. The company was built on the X division and at Slammiversary this is honoured. It has the makings of a great match and ultimately Aries retains going on to Destination X where the Ultimate X match will return. This is where Aries will finally drop the belt and enables him to move into the world title picture.

02: TV Title; Devon (c) v Magnus
Joe and Magnus drop the tag belts to MCMG at Sacrifice. On the first Impact after, Joe and Magnus do an in ring promo demanding a rematch but Hogan says he has booked Joe in a KOTM qualifying match later that night instead. He tells Joe he must choose whether he wants the KOTM qualifier or tag title rematch, he chooses the qualifier. Magnus shouts at Joe for being selfish as Joe heads to the back before asking Hogan who he will face in a qualifier. Hogan tells him he isn’t included in the qualifiers and Magnus threatens Hogan demanding that he change his mind. Hogan says he can’t do this as the matches have been decided but offers Magnus a TV title shot at Slammiversary instead. He accepts but ends up losing to Devon at the PPV. The Impact after he challenges Devon to a rematch which he wins, it gets the title back on TV and in the hands of a solid young wrestler.

03: Jeff Hardy v Christopher Daniels
In my mind Hardy is currently next in line for a world title shot after beating Angle at Lockdown (but I realise the recent tapings that have taken place probably contradict this.) In my version of events though, Hardy loses to Roode at Sacrifice and is excluded from the KOTM qualifiers as he has just had a shot at the title. Hardy issues an open challenge as he isn’t set to face anyone and it is Daniels who accepts, could be a great match.

04: Knockout Title; Gail Kim (c) v Madison Rayne v Velvet Sky
Gail Kim remains champ going into the PPV but Sky ends up pining Rayne to become the new champion coming out of the PPV. Kim blames Rayne and takes her out which finally ends their friendship leading to a Rayne/Kim feud. Sky goes on to defend against the rest of the knockouts.

05: Tag Titles; Motor City Machine Guns (c) v Mexican America
As I’ve noted above, MCMG win the titles at Sacrifice, the rematch that would normally happen never does for the reason I have explained in match 2. Instead at Slammiversary MCMG defend against Mexican America and retain. At the following PPV, Destination X, they defend against their fellow X division tag team of Kazarian and Daniels.

06: No.1 Contender; Samoa Joe v Mr Anderson v Rob Van Dam v Matt Morgan
In the weeks running up to the PPV there will be 4 qualifiers for the main event King of the Mountain match. These guys are the 4 losers of those matches. Joe, Anderson and Van Dam all got into the qualifiers as previous title holders; Morgan was awarded his spot after beating Crimson at Sacrifice. They each get one more chance of earning themselves a title match and it is Joe who comes out victorious and will get his title shot at Destination X.

07: Sting and Garett Bischoff (w/Hogan) v Crimson and Gunner (w/Flair)
The controlling powers will require the likes of Hogan, Flair, Sting and Bischoff to be on the card. This match gets them all out of the way in one go. In the first Impact after Sacrifice (where Crimson will lose to Morgan) Hogan announces that Morgan will be in the KOTM qualifiers but Crimson will not. Upon hearing this news an angry Crimson does a backstage promo saying he will start taking people out until he gets noticed. Flair approaches him saying he has a proposal for him and leads him away from the cameras. Later that night there is a match between Gunner and young Bischoff, Bischoff gets the upper hand and then Crimson arrives in the ring and takes him out. Gunner goes to piledrive Garett on the concrete like he did before but Sting makes the save leading to the creation of this match. Being a tag match, Garett can stay out of the ring for most of the match and when he comes in can be taken apart by Crimson, hence keeping Crimsons reputation alive. Ultimately Bischoff will pin Gunner thanks to Sting and Hogan’s involvement in a match that will be short so as to not damage the card.

08: TNA World Title; Roode (c) v Storm v Angle v Styles v Bully Ray
The return of the King of the Mountain match main events Slammiversary. Roode remains champion after beating Hardy at Sacrifice and at Slammiversary he faces the winners of the 4 qualifiers I have mentioned above. The title could go to any one of the contenders as they are all fully deserving but I choose my winner as AJ Styles. This sets up AJ Styles v Samoa Joe as the main event of the X division focused PPV Destination X. At destination X I would have AJ retain over Joe after Magnus ruins the main event by costing Joe the match (very TNA.) On the next Impact he says he did this because Joe was selfish for choosing his KOTM qualifying match over a tag title rematch which leads into a feud between the TV champion Magnus and Joe, for the TV title.

Submit "Expansion: Booking Slammiversary" to Digg Submit "Expansion: Booking Slammiversary" to del.icio.us Submit "Expansion: Booking Slammiversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "Expansion: Booking Slammiversary" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'd just do a 1 on 1 match with Kaz vs Aries and let Aries win of course. Zema Ion needs to win that belt at some point.

Bully Ray to take the championship off of Devon. Only singles title he really has had that I can remember.

Sky just had a title match. Have Kim face someone like Love or ODB for a change.

You are giving all these guys rematches for the belts after they lost at Lockdown. You are giving Sky another oppurtunity, MCMG another oppurtunity, Bully Ray, Styles, Storm another oppurtunity at Roode. Mexican America lost to MCMG on Impact during Sabins return.

Give other guys oppurtunities at the belt such as Angelina Love, ODB, Daniels + Kaz, Zema Ion, and so forth. How many times are we going to have Gunner vs Garett? Why not put Sting in the KOTM match? He never had a shot at the world title.
    ODB vs Gail Kim with ODB winning the Knockouts title. Rematch at next ppv. Face Rosita, Sarita, Rayne til Bound For Glory. Bound For Glory face Mickie James. Never faced before and sort of a dream match kind of.

Devon vs Bully Ray with Bully Ray winning. He took everything from Devon now all his successes was because of him. Bully Ray faces various wrestlers for the championship such as Mr.Anderson, Pope, Morgan til Bound For Glory to face Magnus.

Joe/Magnus have a decent title run for a change because their finishing move is great. Face Jeff Hardy/Shannon Moore at Sacrifice and retain. Joe/Magnus vs Daniels/Kaz at Slammiversary and retain the belts. Lose the belts next ppv to Mr.Anderson/Mr.PPV RVD. Rematch and go on to face Robbie E+T, Daniels/Kaz, Hardy/Moore til Bound For Glory and face MCMG.

X-Division: Sabin wins the title from Aries so he can continue his fued with Bully Ray at Sacrifice. Slammiversary: Sabin vs Shelley for the title. Sabin wins and loses the belt at Destination X in a X-Scape match with Zema Ion winning. Zema Ion fueds with MCMG til Bound For Glory. Triple Threat match Zema Ion vs Daniels vs Kaz for the belt.

Card probably look like this at Slammiversary:

DM:Pope vs Haskins-random match.

1.Jeff Hardy vs Crimson-Crimson wins of course because he is undefeated. Decent main event type of match where neither really fueded before. Beat the crap out of Shannon Moore to have this match at the ppv in the first place.

2.ODB vs Gail Kim KO title-ODB wins!!

3.Aries vs Bully Ray TV title match-Bully Ray beats Devon at Sacrifice in a tables match for the TV title. Keeps him off TV for a while which is why he doesn't get a rematch. Aries loses the X-Division title at Sacrifice in a fatal 4 way match thanks to Bully Ray. He decided he wants to get his hands on Bully Ray rather than get his rematch for the X-Division title. Bully Ray retains via DQ, but Aries wins the match. He chooses the type of match they have at Destination X which is Elevation X.

4.Joe/Magnus vs Daniels/Kaz tag titles-According to Daniels/Kaz they flourish on the big stages and will win the tag titles. Joe/Magnus retain though.

5.Shelley vs Sabin-For pride and the X-Division title.....Sabin retains!! Both faces leaving as faces. Handshake and so forth after the match.

6.Mexican America vs Mr.Anderson/Mr.PPV RVD vs Robbie E+T-#1 contenders match and have Anderson/RVD winning!!

7.Abyss vs Styles vs Angle vs Storm vs Garett Bischoff-KOTM #1 contender's match. Why Garett Bischoff? Well, he was granted it via Hogan/Sting for leading his team to victory at Lockdown. Angle/Bischoff had a match at Sacrifice, but Abyss interfered which is how they got in this match. Styles/Storm won matches to get in the match to. They hang a briefcase rather than a championship. Abyss wins in controversial fashion. Daniels/Kaz cost AJ the match. Abyss decides he wants his title match at Hardcore Justice in a Moster's Ball match. Who faces Roode at Destination X? Kaz, Daniels, and AJ in a Ultimate X match.

8.Roode vs Jarrett-Jarrett isn't going to let Roode ruin the company he built so he is going to do it on the big stage of Slammiversary to take the title off of him. 10 year anniversary for the world title. Roode wins of course.
    Updated 04-17-2012 at 08:28 PM by TheGreatOne
    I'm sorry guys, I like constructive criticism but some of those ideas are just terrible.

First off you both have Devon v Bully Ray. Why? What a great way to take probably the best heel in the company out of the world title picture, not to mention this was done to death last year.

Sky did just have a title shot, fair enough point, but I'd have someone different face Kim at Sacrifice anyway. Kim retains and then moves on to take on Sky and Rayne at Slammiversary as it advances the story. ODB shouldn't be near the KO title while she is in this story with EY.

Only direct rematch I have is Joe/Magnus vs MCMG, but who wouldn't want to see that again? There aren't exactly many tag teams waiting and MCMG are comfortably the best around. Makes far more sense to hold Daniels and Kaz's title shot until Destination X where they can face fellow X division stars MCMG.

The reason you keep Garett and Gunner together is because you keep all the sh*t together. Don't spread it around the show so that you stink up the whole thing. It is clear this storyline will continue because of Flairs promo at Lockdown.

Give Sting a title shot? Have Bischoff in a number 1 contenders match? Really? I mean really? Sting was just in the main event, and lost, and has done nothing since, but sure lets put him in a world title match. Young Bischoff can't wrestle at all, but lets put him in sight of the world title. Completely nonsensical.

Could well give Joe/Magnus a decent run with the titles, that is a fair enough idea, but they will run out of opponents fairly quickly. Break them up now and we can get Joe vs Styles for the world title at Destination X, they are the two best (ex) X division stars that could legitimately compete for the world title. We can give Magnus a good singles run as well. We all know they are a decent tag team but they are better singles wrestlers.

Why have Aries as special guest ref. He is the current best and most over wrestler on the roster, so have him wrestle!

Sabin v Shelly for the X title, just no, well not now at least. MCMG have literally just returned, don't take apart the best tag team in TNA as soon as they return. Idiotic.

Anderson and RVD as a tag team? So lets form a random tag team and straight away give them a title shot. They are better as singles wrestlers.

Abyss and Jarrett aren't on TV at the moment (well Abyss is but not really.) It doesn't look like Jarrett is returning anytime soon, Abyss is already in a storyline that isn't heading towards a title shot. You can't just randomly make things happen.

Many of those matches would work at some point, but you have to progress storylines gradually. Can't just lump random people into random spots unrealistically.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfTheSilentMajority
    I'm sorry guys, I like constructive criticism but some of those ideas are just terrible.

First off you both have Devon v Bully Ray. Why? What a great way to take probably the best heel in the company out of the world title picture, not to mention this was done to death last year.

Sky did just have a title shot, fair enough point, but I'd have someone different face Kim at Sacrifice anyway. Kim retains and then moves on to take on Sky and Rayne at Slammiversary as it advances the story. ODB shouldn't be near the KO title while she is in this story with EY.

Only direct rematch I have is Joe/Magnus vs MCMG, but who wouldn't want to see that again? There aren't exactly many tag teams waiting and MCMG are comfortably the best around. Makes far more sense to hold Daniels and Kaz's title shot until Destination X where they can face fellow X division stars MCMG.

The reason you keep Garett and Gunner together is because you keep all the sh*t together. Don't spread it around the show so that you stink up the whole thing. It is clear this storyline will continue because of Flairs promo at Lockdown.

Give Sting a title shot? Have Bischoff in a number 1 contenders match? Really? I mean really? Sting was just in the main event, and lost, and has done nothing since, but sure lets put him in a world title match. Young Bischoff can't wrestle at all, but lets put him in sight of the world title. Completely nonsensical.

Could well give Joe/Magnus a decent run with the titles, that is a fair enough idea, but they will run out of opponents fairly quickly. Break them up now and we can get Joe vs Styles for the world title at Destination X, they are the two best (ex) X division stars that could legitimately compete for the world title. We can give Magnus a good singles run as well. We all know they are a decent tag team but they are better singles wrestlers.

Why have Aries as special guest ref. He is the current best and most over wrestler on the roster, so have him wrestle!

Sabin v Shelly for the X title, just no, well not now at least. MCMG have literally just returned, don't take apart the best tag team in TNA as soon as they return. Idiotic.

Anderson and RVD as a tag team? So lets form a random tag team and straight away give them a title shot. They are better as singles wrestlers.

Abyss and Jarrett aren't on TV at the moment (well Abyss is but not really.) It doesn't look like Jarrett is returning anytime soon, Abyss is already in a storyline that isn't heading towards a title shot. You can't just randomly make things happen.

Many of those matches would work at some point, but you have to progress storylines gradually. Can't just lump random people into random spots unrealistically.
    You don't think Bully Ray deserves a belt? That is the point. Have him and Aries to battle for something more than just the X-Division title. Devon needs out of the way......Bully Ray should be the one to take the world title off of Roode? I don't think so.....what is he going to do for the next x amount of months. Face will take the belt off of him not Ray. That is why I'm giving Ray a championship.

Who wants to keep on watching Kim face Sky? Kim is the one who took the belt off Sky in the first place. If she was going to take the belt off of her.....she would have done so in a 1 on 1 match at Lockdown. Not in basically a handicap match. So ODB doesn't deserve the Knockouts title with EY. Those tag titles deserved dumped. It isn't like EY has competition or huge plans for the future.

MCMG gets another shot how exactly? You going to make them face the same teams they've had to get the shot in the first place such as Mexican America. You got to form some new teams cuz Robbie E+T + Mexican America arn't going to cut it. Which is why I formed some new teams that actually makes a bit of sense. Mr.PPV and Mr.Anderson. Both Mr's and neither really have anything huge planned such as the world title picture. They've had their reigns for the title. Why not put them in the tag division for a while? Get some new faces in there.

Putting Garett/Gunner in the same match again isn't going to sell ppvs. It is time to move on because Bischoff is out of the picture. Tired of seeing the same guys wrestle for the past 6 months.

I don't even have Sting in the ppv. As far as Bischoff in a #1 contender's match. It isn't like he is going to win the match. #2 Bischoff was gifted the oppurtunity by Sting and Hogan for leading his team to victory at Lockdown. #3, I know he isn't a good wrestler, but it isn't exactly a wrestling match he is in. He is in a KOTM match. Who says he is going to stay in the world title picture? My plan was to turn him heel from here to have a string of losses through the next few ppvs til Bound For Glory when he faces Sting. In pretty much a squash match to teach the kid a lesson.

I looked back to see what I could have done at Sacrifice. Just have Devon/Bully Ray Tables match there and have Aries vs Bully Ray at Slammiversary for the TV title. Get DQ Bully does and have a rematch at Destination X in a Elevation X match. Have Bully win the match and take Aries off TV til Bound For Glory when he challenges Kurt Angle.

Sabin vs Shelly is for pride as friends. It isn't like they will never team again or anything. They are both faces and at the end of the match they will both be faces. I planned on having Sabin lose the X-Division title in a X-Scape match with a bunch of X-Division stars involved. Zema Ion leaves with the title and faces Sabin and Shelly til Bound For Glory when they reform to face Anderson and RVD.

Joe/Magnus will end up facing and dropping the belts to RVD/Anderson at Destination X. Hardcore Justice in RVD's type of match than have Magnus/Joe go there seperate ways where Joe can battle his way back to the top. Not just be handed back the world title. Running out of opponents? I have them facing new teams such as Jeff Hardy/Shannon Moore at Sacrifice. Everyone knows how good friends they are in real life which is why it makes sense. Daniels/Kaz vs RVD/Anderson at No Surrender and have the MCMG back in the mix.

I got Joe/Styles facing at Bound For Glory in a Iron man match to help him get back to the top. Where is Roode in the title picture? Does he just go off in the sunset or something? Go back to the midcard? Keep the title on Roode til he faces Crimson at Bound For Glory. Streak vs title w/AJ, Kaz, and Daniels facing Roode in an Ultimate X match at Destination X ppv.

Anderson teamed with AJ, Jeff Hardy and so forth. I don't see what the problem is having him team with RVD for a while to give other guys shots at the world title. Helps the tag division if you ask me more so than hurts it. They face Mexican America for the shot at the tag titles which makes them earn it.

Jarrett can come back at any time. You think he won't be a part of Slammiversary? The 10th anniversary celebrating TNA for 10 years!! Perfect timing for Jarrett if you ask me to give Roode the rub. I got Abyss returning at Sacrifice during Angle vs Garett Bischoff match. You think he is going to stay out of the ring for the next 3 months and not be part of ppvs? I don't think they will keep him doing these segments for much longer.

Unrealistic? Aries vs Bully Ray isn't realistic? Daniels/Kaz vs Joe/Magnus is unrealistic to? I'm predicting how I'd book the event. Not how I think it would go into because KOTM match isn't likely to be returning. You are suppose to put big matches on the ppv. Not some dumb matches that have happened on free TV or on other ppvs. MCMG vs Mexican America? Garett vs Gunner again? Velvet Sky vs Kim again? Storm, Styles, Bully Ray, and Roode have been facing each other for the past 6 months. They are going to face again in another world title match? Crimson just thrown into a tag match with Gunner for no apparent reason. He just got back to being a singles wrestler. Now he is back to being in a tag team match? Aries just faces Zema Ion 2 months ago on ppv. You are giving a singles title to a guy who just lost his tag titles at the previous ppv. It makes absolutely no sense.
    I do think Ray deserves a belt. I think he probably deserves the world title belt at some point in the near future, even if only for a month or two. Assuming that Roode drops the belt to a face, which we agree will happen, then that face will most likely be challenged by a heel. This should be Ray, who else would it be? Could be Angle but he's doing his job of putting younger guys over recently and while he is injured I assume this will continue to be the case. Daniels? I think the guy is great but isn't ready to be put into the world title frame yet. Crimson? Again he is improving steadily but not yet deserving of a world title shot. So unless you are turning a face heel, it really has to be Ray, and he deserves it. So no putting him on the TV belt when he could easily be involved in the world title picture.

I'm not saying ODB doesn't deserve a KO title shot. But it is nonsensical to give her that match while she is KO tag champ. You would make impact really messy if she is in one storyline with EY defending the tag belts and also in another one where she is challenging for the KO title. Sky is the most over female in TNA, someone else gets the title shot at sacrifice (probably Mickie James) anyway and then Sky and Rayne both get the title shot at Slammiversary. That would only be Sky's 2nd title shot since she dropped the belt in November. November to June is 7 months, 2 shots in 7 months is hardly overkill. Meanwhile A-love and Winter can be going for the KO tag belts which they should probably win. They could then go up aginst Tara and Brooke or the Mexican America girls. Once Sky has the KO title, then all the other females can start to challenge Sky, I have ODB dropping the KO tag belt by then and can come in, while this is going on Rayne and Sky can have their feud that always happens when tag teams break up to keep them relevant but away from the title.

The tag division is weak, agreed, and some new teams would be great. But RVD and Anderson don't have chemistry, they will have no double team moves, and they simply aren't the answer. As a one off match it would be fair enough. But MCMG are head and shoulders above all others in the tag department. It doesn't matter so much how or why they get another shot, they just have to be the next champs as they are the only ones who can make the division respectable again. I can't believe you suggest taking them apart for a couple of months just as they have returned, that is truly mind-boggling.

The fact you think you can justify having young Bischoff in a number one contenders match is also amazing. You sound far too much like Hogan for your own good.

Stop taking Aries off TV!!! He is the best thing going in TNA, maybe wrestling as a whole, feature him!!!

Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore, while good friends yes, should not be a tag team. Jeff Hardy is on the edge of the world title picture, Moore is a washed up old X division wrestler (and I believe he has actually taken time off from TNA recently anyway.)

When Roode drops the belt, he should face Aries (once he has dropped the X belt) which I have happening just a month apart. Top heel v a top emerging face, makes sense and would be great. Could go on for months. Why have you got Roode in an ultimate X match? He isn't an X divison wrestler, and worse still you have him beating AJ, Daniels and Kaz who are 3 of the best, a big no no. To top it off your world title match at TNA's biggest show of the year is Roode v Crimson? Of all the people in TNA to headline their biggest show of the year you choose Crimson? Hang your head in shame.

I'm sure Jarrett would like to be at Slammiversary, but it's not up to him. He has no control in TNA creative any more. So he will only be there if Hogan wants him there. A couple of months ago I would have said he was likely to be there, but not any more. He seems happy running Ring Ka King so I don't envision a return to Impact in the near future.

Abyss interupts an Angle Bischoff match? While I could see that match happening, after all we've seen it on Impact 3 times in the last 2 months, why would Abyss get involved? Abyss was "taken out" by Bully Ray. So surely when he returns, whether that be as himself or playing his brother, he will be going after Ray? Like I said I can see Ray getting a world title shot in 2 or 3 months time. Perfect time for Abyss to deny Ray and find his revenge.

As a final point, I like how you criticize me for putting Crimson in a one off tag match, just as he has returned to being a singles wrestler, but then put RVD in a tag team despite him just returning as a singles competitor. As well as breaking up MCMG just a month or two after they return. Hypocrite much?
    I'm sorry, 'recently' getting bad press? Ever since Hogan and Bischoff walked through the doors of that place it has been a terrible product.

Also, I did watch Lockdown, and my first thought was that it was like watching an extended episode of WWE Superstars, only worse.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.