View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts

Rate this Entry

What is up everybody? I hope everyone had a good weekend, as I did myself, and what a great way to kick off the week than with an episode of Monday night Raw. This week it came to us from over the pond, and I refrained from reading the spoilers as I like to watch it as it happens. With that said, I'm going to get right in to this weeks episode of Raw.

The Bad

The Great Khali/Big Show vs Primo/Epico
Simply one name...The Great Khali...that is what purely makes it bad....but no seriously, what was the point of this match. I know from reading different reports that Epico and Rosa have been complaining on twitter as of late, so i am sure this is a start to some storyline, but I hope it doesn't involved Khali. Khali needs to be as far away from the ring as California is as far away from Russia. Plus, where is Cody Rhodes this week to further the Rhodes/Show rematch, or has the WWE Creative just dropped the ball on this one? I'm not going to do a how to fix for this, as it is simply get rid of Khali!

Santino vs Otunga
Well this was cool to see Santino pick up the win, there wasn't really much to this. Santino is good for this reason. He is a comedy character, but also a good wrestler. He needs to get in some kind of feud/storyline. Not just being paired up to face different challengers each week. Santino to me will shine if he has the chance to build up a feud with someone. The way to fix this match, would be to simply have it last longer, as a little more back and forth between Marella and Otunga might have been good.

R Truth Backstage Segments
Yes R Truth is somewhat funny, and yes, R Truth is decent in the ring. So, lets showcase him as Sherlock Holmes to try and get some humor right? WRONG! Maybe it is just me, but I miss the heel R Truth. He was hilarious,a nd a bad ass. Personally for me, I think little jimmy merchandise would still sell even if he was a heel. Plus it would give us adults something entertain apart from the recent silliness. That to me, is how to fix this.

The Indifferent

John Cena vs Lord Tensai
Well, kudos WWE. You didn't give us a Tensai squash match and wait...you didn't have Cena pull out a 5 moves of doom to get a win. Well..this should of definitely been good...EXCEPT..I don't feel like these two really gelled. Sometimes Cena has shown us a good side when facing a big guy..but I don't feel like that is the case with Tensai. I stick to my guns and say it is Tensai's fault. I still don't see anything special in Tensai, and I hope he doesn't become the WWE Champion. Called that biased of me, but giving Tensai the WWE Championship will be like when the World Heavyweight Championship was given to The Great Khali...an epic fail in my opinion.

Dolph Ziggler vs Brodus Clay
I smell a handicap match coming up at Extreme Rules between Swagger/Zigglers and Brodus. While there wasn't anything to this match, I thought Ziggler sold the press slam amazingly. People might knock him and say he isn't ready for the main event, I think at some point he will reach there. I decided to put this as indifferent as for the brief moment it caught my eye, but it doesn't really tell me anything that is going to happen in the long run.

The Good

Mark Henry vs CM Punk/Jericho Promo
So we get Punk vs Henry for a third week straight, and while I was expecting a dud, I was pleasantly surprised. Granted this was no 5 star match, I would give it a 2 1/2 to maybe 3 star considering the two people in the ring. The ending with Punk nailing the elbow drop using the chair, just great. Add in the promo from Jericho, which granted wasn't any of his best work, it definitely wasn't bad. When i think about the upcoming Jericho/Punk match, I'm luke warm. My hope is come next week on Raw it really heats up to get me on fire for their match at Rules, just like I was going into Mania.

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston/Crowd Reaction Throughout Night
To be honest, seeing these two go at it, makes me want to see a feud between the two of them. I also like how they are building Bryan up going into Rules..but honestly, after the demolition he took at Mania, it's hard to take him as a credible threat to Sheamus. With that in mind, I would like to see D-Bry have a few good feuds and just come off as a vicious type, similar to Benoit, except cutting amazing promos, and then around Summerslam/Survivor Series time frame, challenge for the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship and win. Wait though, last week, in DC, the crowd was kind of fizzled...but this week, we get the YES chant back! WOO HOO! Can this hold on for another week? I hope so. That, and the WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH chant to me just puts that much more into a match. I hope these two hook up again in the future, and give us a stellar match.

So, with that, another Uncooked comes to a close. While last week I felt the Raw was a step back from the week before that, I feel like this weeks Raw was between ok and good. It wasn't a step back, but it wasn't a giant leap forward. I also don't think we are going to have a draft next week, as don't you think they would have announced it by now? Well, with that, I hope to hear everyone's thoughts and comments. Until next time...stay Raw!

Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Raw Afterthoughts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Gd blog, I was there and yes the crowd was INSANE!
    Man, i read ur review every week and its pretty decent, BUT, if i hear you ever compare A Train to Khali again, im going to transform into a megabyte and eat your computer from within. Dude, Tensai is a WRESTLER, Khali, can barely move. Its totally not the same thing at all. I hear you man, the crowd could care less about Tensai and never will really care about him. UNLESS they get him a manager and fast....Umaga, worked, he kicked the crap out of of everyone and by the time he had his career practically ended the first time he fought cena, he looked unstoppable for like 8 months. They can do that again, but he needs someone to talk for him. And he needs to be more of a warrior and less of a guy that looks like he thinks hes better than you because he did well in japan. That is all. hes NOT Khali!
    A pleasure to read this week's Uncooked. I have to agree and disagree with one point you made though. It was in regards to Dolph Ziggler. Now, I've waned away from bashing him on a blogly basis...*yes, I made that word up*, but will he be a main eventer, I just don't see it. Not anytime soon anyway. Perhaps one day when Brock is gone, Jericho is gone, Cena is part time, and the WWE gets off Alberto Del Rio's jock...then he might get a short run. That's really the only scenario where I see it happening. I think his day will come, but I would definitely advise against the Zigglites holding their breath waiting for it to happen.

Good Blog Bud. As Always. Uncooked is a part of my Tuesday routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagg
    Man, i read ur review every week and its pretty decent, BUT, if i hear you ever compare A Train to Khali again, im going to transform into a megabyte and eat your computer from within. Dude, Tensai is a WRESTLER, Khali, can barely move. Its totally not the same thing at all. I hear you man, the crowd could care less about Tensai and never will really care about him. UNLESS they get him a manager and fast....Umaga, worked, he kicked the crap out of of everyone and by the time he had his career practically ended the first time he fought cena, he looked unstoppable for like 8 months. They can do that again, but he needs someone to talk for him. And he needs to be more of a warrior and less of a guy that looks like he thinks hes better than you because he did well in japan. That is all. hes NOT Khali!
    Haha, i figured somebody would be up in arms over my Khali-Atrain comparison. My biggest point is that even before Tensai went to Japan, in the WWE imo he stunk in the ring. He could have gone over to Japan and become gods gift to wrestling, but when he comes back to the E, if he stinks like he did before, then he needs to go. And so far, with the squash matches and last nights match with Cena..I'm not seeing anything that makes me go..OOOOHHHH I like this guy..which is what I did when I saw Umaga. Also similar to how when I saw Khali all i could think was dud.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    A pleasure to read this week's Uncooked. I have to agree and disagree with one point you made though. It was in regards to Dolph Ziggler. Now, I've waned away from bashing him on a blogly basis...*yes, I made that word up*, but will he be a main eventer, I just don't see it. Not anytime soon anyway. Perhaps one day when Brock is gone, Jericho is gone, Cena is part time, and the WWE gets off Alberto Del Rio's jock...then he might get a short run. That's really the only scenario where I see it happening. I think his day will come, but I would definitely advise against the Zigglites holding their breath waiting for it to happen.

Good Blog Bud. As Always. Uncooked is a part of my Tuesday routine.
    I have noticed in your blogs as well as comments on other blogs there has been much less Ziggles blasting. My biggest point is this. When I look at Ziggler, I see the keys to be a main eventer and a champion, but it comes down to two things. The right time(similar to your not when Brock/Jericho/ADR is there), and the right gimmick/feud. Look at Edge. When i got into wrestling in 2002, I liked Edge, but never pictured Edge as a main eventer or champion. He won the MITB though, and then..granted it was real life, got wrapped up in the Hardy/Lita drama and that in my opinion was when he turned to gold. It was the right time for Edge and right feud. I think that is what Ziggler needs. If someone asked me now, I'd say in the next 2 to 3 years we will see Ziggler in the title scene as champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_rage
    Gd blog, I was there and yes the crowd was INSANE!
    Thanks bro. I was definitely surprised by how hot the crowd was. It was a pleasant surprise.
    not bad, but I do have to disagree completely one of your opinions, DBry not being a credible opponent to Shemus at ER because of how he lost at Wrestlemania, from my stand point, this makes DBry a far greater threat, cause now he's out to prove a point, no pre match showboating, no not taking Shemus seriously, and all this is because of an 18 second loss that so many people thought was a horrible move. I could even see DBry pulling off a first pinfall within the first Minute of the match

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.