View RSS Feed

samwrigz

What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong.

Rate this Entry
Simple. How they use the female talent.

I say female talent because both company's have a lot of talent, but are using it in completely different ways.

TNA exceeds on how brilliant they use the knockouts. They give them around 8-14 minutes every week on Impact, including promos, backstage segments and good long plus a VARIETY of matches. They combine beauty with talent, to create good long matches, too add to that the crowd are INTERESTED! With every knockout match the crowd are into it because they can see the characters and know where to give heat/applaud either heel/face characters. The only criticsm I can give TNA is that they seem biast to some of the knockouts. For example we never really see the likes of Winter, Sarita, Rosita, Angelina Love for a while. Yet knockouts like Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Mickie James and Tara are used regularly. But it's fair to say that TNA do give oppurtunites to different talents at different times.

WWE? If you ask me it's just disturbing the way they use the divas nowadays, of course since trish/lita left we saw the fans slowly losing interest, however there were still decent feuds, decent matches etc all until about last year. I would say since the likes of Mickie James and Michelle McCool left, the division has just been stomped upon. There are hardly ever any matches on RAW/SmackDown and any match we do see is on SuperStars/NXT yet they only use some divas. So you could even say that the divas individually only really get a televised match once a month. Since Layla became the champ I was optimistic because when she was part of Lay-Cool I saw some real good feuds with other divas and goods storylines, even the tables match with beth/natty was great! but WWE haven't even used her since she won. All WWE seem to be doing is pushing AJ with this weird storyline, but I would like to see real DIVA feuds.

To basically conclude I really do think that TNA is using the females really well and creating good feuds. WWE however needs to seriously improve before we say R.I.P to the division.

Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to Digg Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to del.icio.us Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to StumbleUpon Submit "What TNA is doing right and what WWE is doing wrong." to Google

Tags: divas, feud, knockouts, tna, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reading the title i was thinking you were high, but i agree with what you said, TNA use females better, but the days when the knockouts were in their prime have long gone, Bringing in Brooke will kill the Knockouts way before we say RIP to the divas
    Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best'
    Reading the title i was thinking you were high, but i agree with what you said, TNA use females better, but the days when the knockouts were in their prime have long gone, Bringing in Brooke will kill the Knockouts way before we say RIP to the divas
    No kidding.......I was hoping ODB would be the one to face Gail Kim at Slammiversary. Does Hogan, Bischoff, and Prichard not think about the history of TNA? They must not booking terrible matches like they have. AJ and Kurt as a tag team? Booking Brooke again to face Gail Kim? Why not book on history part of it such as a person who has actually been there for several years to help celebrate the 10 year anniversary? Have an actual team compete for the tag titles. Tag division has went down the toilet as well being just fine before Hogan and Bischoff came along.
    Think you made a wrong title for this blog it should be what Tna is doing wrong and what WWE is doing wrong because at the minute both company's ain't doing anything to keep me glued like Tna did in 2004-2006 and like WWE did 1997 - 2002.
    Both shows have seemed to have lost they way and what they should be doing with WWE stuck in the crap Pg Era Tna should have been making up ground on them but still the two shows ain't even in the same league.
    in part of your blog your right because Tna are using the Knockouts better then the WWE are using the Divas but that nothing to brag about because all Divas division seem to be lacking something that they had in early 2000.
    At least then most of the divas could put on a watchable match but not anymore like most people today when its time for the Divas match it's when they take a break or switch channels yeah some of the divas and Knockouts are smoking hot but i would prefer to see a match.

I'm going to end my rant here because everything i want to say would be a blog in its self sorry but just needed to get some of that out.
    9 times out of 10 I agree with what TNA does with the Knockouts title. I do wish they would shake things up a little more and use more of their talent pool. They have great depth there. I will be interested to see how things go with Tessmacher as I feel she's one of the weaker wrestlers, although she's improved since she left and came back. BTW, the Mickie and Tara cage match was one of the best matches I've seen period, men or women wrestlers.
    WWE is moving in the right direction with getting rid of the waifs that you just can't believe as contenders like the Bellas or Kelly Kelly. I think that it can only help with the move to 3 hours that the WWE gives about the same time to the Divas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    No kidding.......I was hoping ODB would be the one to face Gail Kim at Slammiversary. Does Hogan, Bischoff, and Prichard not think about the history of TNA? They must not booking terrible matches like they have. AJ and Kurt as a tag team? Booking Brooke again to face Gail Kim? Why not book on history part of it such as a person who has actually been there for several years to help celebrate the 10 year anniversary? Have an actual team compete for the tag titles. Tag division has went down the toilet as well being just fine before Hogan and Bischoff came along.
    I think the went with Tessmacher because it's her home state. At least TNA have big names going for the tag titles, WWE just books random jobbers to lose to Kofi and Truth.
    Which is why it pains me more, that the knockouts do seem to be going the way of the Diva's division. I just think Hogan and Bischoff have little to no interest in the Knockouts! It's quite sad to see how much the division has fallen, compared to how it used to be. Though it still far outstrips the Divas, that's not exactly a stretch is it?
    The women's division in WWE has been dead for a while for a while. To me, the divas division is made up of exactly that, divas. Natalya,Beth,Kharma, can all get in there and put on a good match because they were wrestlers to begin with, not models who become "wrestlers".

To the person who said WWE is going the right way by getting rid of the Bellas and Kelly Kelly. You do realize they didn't want to get rid of them right? The Bellas left because they wanted to, and Kelly is doing the same.

The Knock Outs division is definitely better, but I'm seeing it die slow. They should drop the KO Tag titles because they don't push enough KO to make sense anymore. They should revamp and focus on the singles title and let the tag die completely. Hogan/Bischoff must hate women wrestling as much as the X-Division. When Bischoff was running WCW Ithink the only reason he created a (very short lived and horrible imo) women's division just to be able to set up Madusa to throw the WWE Women's title in the trash on live tv.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.