View RSS Feed

matt1tude

A Death In The Impact Zone

Rate this Entry
What's up everyone, Just figured I'd spare sometime to write a little blog about the latest news story about TNA deciding to not have any on the road Impacts planned for the foreseeable future.

Right, to start off the reason behind them not going to move forward with Impacts on the road is because the ratings haven't improved. Let's get this straight they have taped Impact on the road either 4 or 6 times last year (correct me if I'm wrong) You can't expect a significant ratings increase over night or the next week. People have lost faith in TNA, It's going to take more than just 2 straight weeks of on the road Impact to get them back. You need to do it week after week. It takes time to raise a rating significantly you need to generate a buzz to get people to tune in. I mean the UK shows this year were incredible because of the crowd, It's a hot crowd that makes a decent show awesome. However it's a bored and dull crowd that make an awesome show a bag of shite.

You need to be doing shows in arenas with crowds that are like those in the UK, those that want to be there. It needs to be done week after week after week and slowly people will talk and when people talk they tell other people and those tell others and they all tune in to see. It's a slow process, when WWF was losing to WCW to the point WWF may have gone under, Vince stepped up his game and some the best stuff WWF did was '97 and '98 but didn't get those significant rating increase till '99 and imo '99 was the start of the winding down process it was still an incredible year same as 2000 and 2001 but '97 and '98 was the best to me.

Another thing is production cost are too high for on the road. Jesus Christ, you let people in to the Impact Zone for free and you pay a number of plants to sit in the crowd. That right there is a drain on your finances with zero come backs. You go on the road keep production costs down as little as you have to, the wrestling fans your going after doesn't give a shit about a fancy looking set or big fireworks all they care about is what goes on inside that ring. Also on top of that being on the road you have thousands of fans who don't get to see TNA in their area often PAYING to get in, PAYING for merchandise by the bucket loads because they don't know when you will be next in town so will be making the most of it. That right there is something people in TNA may have never heard of before but it's called PROFIT.

Unfortunately if TNA decides to stick to the Impact Zone then they are going to die in the Impact Zone, and we will be seeing a WWE produced "The Rise and Fall of TNA.

Thanks for taking the time to read, My apologies if you got bored lol.

Submit "A Death In The Impact Zone" to Digg Submit "A Death In The Impact Zone" to del.icio.us Submit "A Death In The Impact Zone" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Death In The Impact Zone" to Google

Updated 04-15-2012 at 06:09 PM by matt1tude

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think people have read far too much into the UK crowds. TNA only comes to Britain once a year so obviously people are going to be far more excited than if they saw it on a regular basis. I live in England and have attended many lives events for various promotions and the reactions are usually louder because we get them only once or twice a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ1981
    I think people have read far too much into the UK crowds. TNA only comes to Britain once a year so obviously people are going to be far more excited than if they saw it on a regular basis. I live in England and have attended many lives events for various promotions and the reactions are usually louder because we get them only once or twice a year.
    Well that's whole point. They have stayed in the same arena in the same town pretty much all year round for 5+ years and the fans there are bored of it. There are hundreds upon hundreds of places they could be touring Impact with.

Like i said in a previous post they are doing house shows so why not set one of those house shows aside for doing an Impact taping then moving on to the next town for house shows and set a show aside for another Impact episode there. They will be doing their house shows as normal and getting Impact tapings done at the same time and in different towns.

They will be making money hand over fist, people will be paying to get in instead of giving out free tickets and they won't be wasting money on paying for plants to bulk the crowd up. It's a win win situation, I really don't see the problem they have for implementing it, it just makes no sense. I'm not exactly the brightest person around but I'm not stupid to not realize they are going to die if they stay in that damn amusement park.
    Updated 04-17-2012 at 01:49 PM by matt1tude
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.