View RSS Feed

ECWStyle

The WWE Draft - Why Does It Exist?

Rate this Entry
To answer my own question, I don't know.

Now before anyone says I'm against it, let me tell you, I'm not. I have always been a fan of the draft and the brand extension in general, but to say I'm not frustrated would be a lie.

Ever since Triple H announced the 'SuperShow' concept, I've been hoping that it was just a brief thing and all would be right in the the land of the WWE soon. But apparently not. SmackDown still exists for no apparent reason. Vince McMahon needs to put is fortune into hiring writers and new superstars, not paying to have a pointless show on air, amongst other expenditures, such as WWE Studios or the (possibly) upcoming WWE Network. There are two possibilities for what could happen:

1) They scrap SmackDown.
While a lot of WWE fans (including me) have always been a fan of the blue brand, if things don't change, it has to go. There is no question about it's apparent neglect by the board, therefore there is no reasoning to keep it on air.

2) They scrap the SuperShow.
This would personally my favorite option, because it puts things back to normal, the way I liked it. This concept is backed up by the fact that NXT is acting more and more like it's own show; this could become a 'C-Brand', much like the way ECW was. Mind you, I couldn't imagine WWE getting much out of this. If they were to do this, the 2012 WWE Draft would be the perfect time to bring it into action.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the upcoming draft - will there be change, possibly even 'Change for NXT' (cue Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks t-shirts)? Or will we be forced to watch another year of weekly blue pointlessness? That is, those who continue to watch WWE at all.

ALL COMMENTS WELCOME, especially on this blog, I would really like to see what you have to say.

P.S., I know this blog is short, but I've made my point and would like you to make yours as well.

Submit "The WWE Draft - Why  Does It Exist?" to Digg Submit "The WWE Draft - Why  Does It Exist?" to del.icio.us Submit "The WWE Draft - Why  Does It Exist?" to StumbleUpon Submit "The WWE Draft - Why  Does It Exist?" to Google

Updated 04-13-2012 at 09:37 AM by Rated_R(ob)KO

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like the idea of bringing back stables, between 5-8 members would be great maybe 4-6/8 stables have a main leader fighting for the main belt (wwe or world) have a tag team in there aswell, and the other members going for belts like the us/cruiserweight belts. maybe an idea to bring back the hardcore belts aswell with the champ having to defend the belt 24/7 when ever were ever. we need to stop celebs getting in on the action that shit is bad, more comedy moments. i loved it when we had the likes of the nation of domination, D-X, the corporation, the ministry of darkness and even the smaller groups. bring it back I believe that's what most people want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Hey, This is the issue with the draft its one show and no major things happen. I think Punk, The miz, R-truth and ryder should go to smackdown. Rhodes, Orton, Wade Barrett, and bryan on raw
    The draft doesnt mean anything if smackdown superstars end up wrestling on raw because of the supershow, how many times have we seen Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes on raw when they are smackdown superstars. Although, what you want to happen would make sense if there was no super show and Johnny Ace wasnt the gm of both shows, then your idea would be really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briman
    House shows, thats why
    Please explain?
    peoples ideas about the belts, there isn't really any room for another singles title (except maybe the cruiserweight?), but there should be a tag title on each brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowki
    Scrap a useless show that still pulls in pretty solid ratings? It doesn't lose money. It's pretaped which is a lot cheaper to run too.
    I don't get that idea. There's a draft for one reason; Raw rarely ever enters into feuds with smackdown. They are on the supershow to build interest in Smackdown but also have all their stars appear on Raw.
    You don't ever see Raw facing Smackdown for titles; they normally don't include smackdown superstars in big feuds on Raw but develop most of those over on smackdown. I don't think you've entirely thought out this blog. It gives smackdown superstars some exposure being on Raw. The Draft switches things up because generally, only smackdown superstars appear on smackdown. You have to remember what Smackdown originally began as; a supplement to raw! It was more time to further storylines. It made you watch because something would happen on Raw, then continue onto smackdown. Example; N.W.O attacks Austin on Raw. You then had to tune into smackdown to see him get his revenge. The first draft turned smackdown into a stand alone show.
    I agree SmackDown still pulls viewers, but it is a parallel show, a 'supplement to raw' as you call it.. The fact is, you could keep up to date in WWE by watching RAW and the PPVs. I want it to stay on air, but at the moment there's no point.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.