View RSS Feed

bartish2

Why John Cena is killing the WWE Part 2

Rating: 19 votes, 2.32 average.
To continue why john cena sucks and why he is killing the wwe, here we go:

9) WWE continues to shove cena down our throats like he is so great
I like watching wwe programming. The parts I hate are with john cena in them. When I do watch them, they just continue to shove him down our throats week after week with supercena 5 moves of doom, same lame promos or the crappy commentary team telling us it is awesome. If it was awesome, you wouldn’t need to tell me. We can think for ourselves. Newsflash: It is not awesome. Regardless of the endless complaints about cena, nothing is done but continues to have him shoven down our throats week in, week out. He is being modeled as the next Hogan, which is ridiculous considering everything about cena screams lame.

10) WWE thinks he is so successful with his music and movies.
Newsflash: all his movies went straight to DVD in a 5$ basket at wal-mart. Nobody outside of wwe knows what the hell even marine is or who he is for that matter. His music? I can see that tanked pretty fast. Pretending to be a black guy, rapping and dressing like a gangster. HIS RAP SUCKED. Even his intro music is pure garbage. He failed as a bodybuilder. He is not this popular guy they make him out to be, yet every week to make it seem like the whole world knows who he is or what he has done.
11) He cannot sell worth anything
Every time they bring someone back as a surprise or a surprise happens for that matter... cena just stands there grinning like a idiot not trying to look surprised. He is making it harder for people to believe it is real. Back in the wwf it had that real feeling, the feeling that they were not a actor. It seems cena does not even give a shit anymore because he gets his cheques regardless. Not even trying to sell any promo at all. He is pretty bad selling moves inside the ring, but it is ok in vince's eyes I guess because he makes up for it by selling merchandise.

12) Killing ratings.
His kid directed gimmick has been killing ratings for years. Funny when there was 6.6 ratings at the end of the AE and PG era cannot even get a 3.5 Ratings are at a decline and has been ever since, and the continuous supercena shoven down our throat is obviously not working yet they continue it. They even try and bring back legends like the rock and brock lesnar to boot ratings and sales but it barely even boosts. why? because the wwe today is ruined by cena, supercena ruins everything and everything these days is tame compared to when they were last in the wwe. Nobody is interested in watching a pathetic version of wwf. The ratings this week for raw were actually lower than the raw after wm28... and brock lesnar was advertised and the lowers still dropped!

13) His entrance music.
Every time I hear that music it makes me want to throw a book at my TV. IT SUCKS. It is almost as annoying as scratching nails on a blackboard.

14) Ruining the wwe belt.
He changed the wwe belt to a spinner belt... moreso a toy to please kids. It was never taken as serious ever again. Even cena admits it needs to be changed. It does not even say champion it says champ.

15) He destroys storyline momentum
Example: nexus. Nexus was one of the best storylines in 2010 regardless if you liked them or not. They drew ratings and it was a great angle. Supercena had to beat them and kill all their momentum, they fought the corre temporarily and new nexus leader fought super orton and the nexus was officially dead.

16) He constantly buries talent
Examples: nexus, zak ryder
Yes zak ryder. Ever since that storyline with ever and cena ryder has been put on the backburner... even losing his US belt because of cena`s own problems. Cena used ryder to advance in his own feud and then buried him, now ryder jobs out weekly. Every talent he faces in a feud is quickly buried by him and they constantly try to piece them back together, hence why nobody is over anymore unlike the attitude era. Nobody can get over when they are being constantly buried by the two top super gimmicks.

17) He is a fake military wanna be
Every time he walks into the arena he gives a salute and wears his father’s dog tags trying to get cheap support from the military crowd and plain crowd because the crowd hates him. HE WAS NEVER IN THE MILITARY.

18) Beating Batista using duct tape, no more needs to be said

19) Claiming to be the hardest working person in the company. What an insult to everyone on the roster, there are countless others who work hard as well if not harder than him... but no recognition for them. Countless others put on better matches than him and he claims he works harder. I guess its hard doing 5 moves and winning.

20) Being a fake ``face of the company``. Just put there because shoving him down fans throat weekly makes him money regardless if he is not the face of the company. He is the fake face of the company and takes credit for what all the other wrestlers do. Example, MITB... nobody is talking about cena, they are all talking about cm punk because he carried the match and the feud. Yet he acts like he was so great in that feud while he was the yes man. Or saying the rock vs cena match was what sold wm28... sorry but that match sucked, the match that stole the show was hhh vs taker... and the reason wm28 sold out was because they overhyped it for a year.

21) Moving wrestling from being about the wrestling to being about entertainment... like for instance... there is barely any good matches anymore... but what there is a lot of is promoting everything to make a dollar. Like guest hosts, bringing in singers for wm28. It is moving away from being about wrestling and just feels like a semi violent soap opera these days. Most of that is due to john cena and his kid directed gimmick, publicizing him, over hyping him. It is just about overselling cena to make the extra money.

22) Cena's superman gimmick
When cena loses they basically do a short bit about it then shove it under the rug, like wm28... he LOST and we don't hear anything about it anymore... if cena won we would be reminded daily that cena won... wwe just doesn't want to admit that superman finally lost cleanly... and even the commentators act like rock just got lucky rather than a clean win. When in the last year on raw has cena lost cleanly? I can't think of any... when has cena lost cleanly in a PPV in past year? only twice, once against cm punk MITB and wm28... Apparently you need to cheat to win against cena because he is supercena. How is anyone supposed to get over when they are constantly being buried by supercena? Oh apparently 10 minutes of beating cena up doesn't mean jack squat when he hits 5 moves and wins... unrealistic, boring and phony wrestling. It is killing the business, nobody's character can develop and anyone who feuds with cena is instantly buried. Go look up cena vs orton I quit match... 20 minutes of cenas ass being kicked and 1 minute of beating up orton and orton says i quit. "same old crap". Enough with this boring garbage.

In conclusion, john cena sucks bad and he is killing this business with all the above reasons plus more. To all you stupid cena marks, congratulations your supporting a marketing propaganda plan of Vinces that is crushing this industry. He is turning wrestling from hardcore to pillow fighting. You people that support cena are part of the reason the wwe has been dying. I will never have respect for this guy and neither should you. People continue to tell me how he grants wishes and junk... news flash... not only does a lot more wrestlers do the same but a lot of celebrities do it as well... and he promotes bullying against woman on air by encouraging kids to call eve a ``hoeski`` and publicly humiliating lilian Garcia off air in front of a live crowd for no real reason besides messing up one 1 thing. Referring her as a horse and cannot do anything right. One more thing, why should what someone does for charity affect how you feel about his in ring personality? It shouldn’t whatsoever. You guys can spin it any way you want but at the end of the day, cena sucks. So stop it with the stupid comments about saying how he is so great when he obviously sucks. John cena is not good & all kids covered in cena gear looks like idiots and you will realize it one day. John cena sucks. On the current path of the wwe, I cannot see a future for the wwe. Bring on the negative cena mark comments because I don`t care. I know what is true; I refuse to fall for marketing propaganda that vince shoves down my throat week after week. I don`t see myself watching wwe much longer, maybe a year with the decline of wwe. Hope you guys understand why I don't like cena. Just tired of having to continue explaining this to clueless kids who don't know the slightest thing about wrestling. Until next time take care guys. I really hope losing to rock sets him back from his supercena crap and I hope brock wrecks him. They need to either change him or get rid of him because the current path of the wwe is leading in the gutter.

Submit "Why John Cena is killing the WWE Part 2" to Digg Submit "Why John Cena is killing the WWE Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Why John Cena is killing the WWE Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why John Cena is killing the WWE Part 2" to Google

Updated 04-12-2012 at 06:34 PM by bartish2

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by thetheme
    Ok... so as far as it goes with you, It's only Cena that is killing the WWE... I'm going to go down your list and point out everything that is totally wrong with it. No I'm not a Cena fan, but I'm going to bring some logic to this.

1: Saying he can't wrestle is the excuse that fans have been coming up with for YEARS. He made his debut in the WWE against Kurt Angle and hung with him. That right there is proof enough. How can you go against Taker, Jericho, Benoit, Lesnar, Eddie, HHH, HBK and say those words? You notice that most of those names were in the attitude era? Did you watch those matches? Quit your bitching, Cena not being able to wrestle is completely false.

2: 5 moves of doom? How long have you been watching? Hmmmmmmm... Rock, Austin, Taker, HBK, HHH, Bret, Hogan, Eddie, Benoit. ALL of them had moves of doom that closed matches. If you have been around for the 80s, then there were nothing but 5 moves of doom matches on wrestling shows.

3: WWE treats him like a main eventer because he IS one. He worked his way to the top and wasn't given anything like certain others like the Rock. Get over it.

4: Promos. So you are saying that Rock, Hogan, Austin and other big names in wrestling never said the same things over and over again?

5: His outfit. Lets see. Red and yellow. Black trunks and black knee braces/knee pads, Pants with hearts. What the WWE is doing is great business marketing. It worked in the past, and it works now. How many Sheamus shirts do you see out there? Ziggler? Bryan? The ones that come the closest is Punk and Orton. If you aren't wearing the shirts, why does it matter?

6 and 7: Are you telling me that Rock, HBK, Bret, Hogan, and even Austin didn't have women and kids screaming for them? AREN'T YOU ONE OF THOSE THAT SCREAMED FOR THEM AS A KID/TEEN? The WWE has been like that since the 80s.

8: Vince knows but guess what, YOU STILL WATCH. I'm not talking about the kids or women, I'm talking about YOU. If you are still watching you are supporting, simple as that. For example. If a you were served bad food at a place, would you go back there to eat? If you say yes then you are an idiot!

9: Once again, if you keep watching then you are saying you like what you see no matter what. When the dick magnet the miz won the WWE title I didn't watch the WWE for 10 months. If you want to really say to the WWE "I'm tired of this", STOP WATCHING. People are watching just like when we were kids/teens, and that's telling them what they want to hear.

10: So Tooth Fairy, Mr. Nanny, No holds Barred, Ready To Rumble were big box office hits? What about Fozzy? Fast 5 was NOT Rocks movie, it was Vin Diesel's, don't play stupid. The only way that wrestlers make it to star in movies is because of wrestling, and that ESPECIALLY goes for the Rock.

11: Even the fans knew about Brock being back before he was even brought out. Saying that only Cena can't sell is very stupid. Other people suffer from the same unless it's REALLY personal.

12: During the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s the internet wasn't all over the place showing the shows. There wasn't TIVO or DVR's, and people were tuning in on their TV's which isn't happening because of what I just explained. NOT because of Cena.

13: Now you are just sounding like a little bitch that just complains. Once again, no one is forcing you to listen to his entrance.

14: The belt has been changed a bunch of times. This is the longest a belt has been since the winged eagle (I don't count the WHC). Once again. Good marketing, people bought it, still buying it , good business.

15 and 16: It not Cena that kills momentum and he doesn't bury people. Remember when the spirit squad (5) went against DX (2)? DX DESTROYED THEM then they went to lose against Cody and Ted. Cena got jumped by Nexus and even lost to Wade at a PPV. The miz getting the title stopped the momentum for Nexus hands down. By the way, Cena has been beaten for the title by people that never had titles before. Edge, Sheamus, RVD. Then he lost it to Orton, Punk, and let that no tallent miz beat him at mania.

17: So a salute to thank the armed forces offends you? That's why he does the salute.

18: It was a LAST MAN STANDING match and Batista couldn't STAND. That was SMART and funny. Once again you're bitching.

19: Name some people that work harder or just as hard than Cena. Not just being first one there and the last to leave most of the time. I'm talking about granting wishes, talk show appearances, promoting the WWE positively.

20: All that was about CM Punks bitching about not getting what he wanted. Now look at Punk. He isn't that far from Cena now and that's what he was after. Cena LET Punk do all of that in those matches. Let me ask you. Do you actually think that certain people would be about to beat the Big Show unless it was scripted? It was a good selling point, good story, and got Laurenitis on the map.

21: It went from wrestling to entertainment because of the attitude era and it was a soap opera long before that. It is not because of Cena. And again, there were others that did the kids image thing way before Cena did.

22: Rock, Austin, Hogan, HBK, Taker. All of them have been in situations when they were getting their asses handed to them and somehow walked away with the win. So to only say the phrase "Super Cena" and not to mention any other big face in the past just shows how much of a idiot you are and you know little to nothing about the business.

In Conclusion: Cena isn't killing the business. He isn't doing anything that hasn't been done or attempted in the past. Know your wrestling history, stop being one sided about the situation, quit your Cena hating bitching, and stop being a idiot. You as a kid did the same shit that kids are doing for Cena now. It works, it sells, it's a business, the attitude era is long gone.

Linda running for office, The Benoit incident, Hardcore Holly cutting his back on TV on a table are examples of why the WWE went PG, NOT CENA. GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD AND DEAL WITH IT.
    This response made more sense than the entire blog.
    Unfortunately, Cena is the face of the WWE.

With this Cena is also the face of all the problems with the current product. Cena is a large part of why the product sucks, but he isn't totally to blame. Squash matches, celebrity glorification and Eve Torres together all are huge problems. Blaming Cena is easy but "fixing" Cena will not fix the product. Your blog seems to scream for a better product and I totally and completely understand. Whether you like Cena (and I can't for the life of me see why you would) or hate him one thing is for certain; we all want a better product. Your frustration runs true with me, I like brutal, to the point writing, so don't stop.

Kudos.

P.S. Anyone who says Punk is becoming the same as Cena consider this; Could Cena have had a decent match with Jericho at Wrestlemania?

Watch Survivor Series 2008. No. He can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1eddiefan
    This response made more sense than the entire blog.
    Agreed. thetheme's response crushed every bit of points Bartish2 made. Well done thetheme.
    If you hate Cena that much....Why don't you turn the channel when his music hits? According to regular haters, his promos are always the same and boring.

Cena does what WWE asks him to do. It is WWEs fault more so than him for not losing as often and so on.

You have your opinion about his music, but he did sell a lot of CDs.

Killing the ratings? He isn't the only wrestler part of Raw. He isn't the one who is out there for 2 hours. It is the other guys.

WWE probably made the belt and endorsed the change. Doubt it would have been kept on the show if they didn't like it.

WWE ruined Nexus. Not John Cena because he isn't ahead of creative. He does what is asked.

I heard reports online that said WWE didn't like Zack Ryder which is why they put him in the Kane angle to take him off TV. Than lose the US title to Swagger.

Marine gimmick was so the movie would sell. Marines endorsed him as well. Unlike Orton for Marine 3.

18.I bet WWE had something to do with that. Jeff did the same to Matt Hardy in their I Quit match in 2009.

19.You don't believe the face of the company has the most work to do than a guy like Zack Ryder. Ryder and other guys on Superstars begging to get on the show of Raw is more hardworking than John Cena. The same guy who is on all the talk shows, press conferences, radio interviews, waving flag at races, flipping the coin at the bowl games, and so on isn't the hardest worker in the company. Someone else is who hasn't been given those oppurtunities. The same guys who complain because they don't. It reminds me a bit of CM Punk in the Summer of last year. Cena is the hardest worker without question.

20.Without Cena on ppv, they don't sell. Without Cena on Raw, no one would tune in. WWE was afraid to take Cena off Raw after Survivor Series 2010. What does that tell you....

21.Attitude era is what you talk about that is so great. The main reason for that was because of the entertainment. Not the wrestling......that is why it was a hot period. For a guy who loved the era as much as yourself, you would know it was the entertainment value.

22.Matt Morgan was given a studder gimmick in 2005 as Carlito's body guard. Super Cena is WWEs doing. Not Cena's!!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.