View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Has TNA Reached a Point Where They Could Compete?

Rate this Entry
Hey fans. The Saviour here with a blog that's basically set up to expand on my point in this week's edition of The Abdominal Stretch. It is the point about TNA.

Honestly, I'm going to enjoy this blog as I'm taking a breather from WWE. That's not to say I didn't love the Blast from the Past episode of Smackdown last night, but WWE's getting stale and I'm going to shoot something out there about TNA this week.

So, the question I asked in the title is, Is TNA Ready to Compete?

Obviously, the short answer is no. They're not. But a few months ago, I posted a blog strictly about TNA and things that they could do to improve as a product. They'll probably never reach a level of WWE where they could compete in the way WCW did back in the 90's, but they could certainly improve their product and maybe reach a point where they put a little pressure on. They've improved since my last blog so here's a new list.

A Second Show

This was the point I made earlier this week. Even if it's a one hour show in a timeslot by itself, I think it would do good to utilize all the talent they currently have, and even expand their roster a bit. Make the Television Title a little more relevant and have good, clean wrestling matches coupled with some Impact recapping, and some backstage segments. It would be enjoyable, and that's the event that should take place in the Impact Zone.

Take Impact To Different Venues

The best thing TNA could do, is take Impact on the road. A great bunch of venues for them would be college campuses. Not only would they sell out as college kids love going to events on campus, but the crowds would be rowdy, and as we all know from the Raw after Wrestlemania, the crowd is everything to a show. Start small. Go to South Florida, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, and Florida A&M campuses. It's right after basektball season, and school's still in for another month. And the main thing is, travel would be light. Who knows? If you grow big enough and gain enough steam, University of Florida, University of Miami, and Florida St could be on the horizon.

Try Going Live Once in a While

I know they tried. They bit off more than they could chew a couple years ago by not only going live, but going on Monday Night. Their mistake was, they thought they could recreate WCW and NWO all over again with Hogan/Bischoff, Hall, Nash, and Syxx, Ric Flair, etc. But now, two years later, they dropped the Immortal angle, and they've been riding Bobby Roode and James Storm at the helm of their company right now. They're establishing an identity and they should capitalize on it. Combine the previous suggestion with this one. Imagine. Live, from South Florida University, TNA Impact Wrestling. Not too bad of an idea, is it?

Expansion is Key

This is simple Intro to Business 101 thinking. You have to expand. TNA isn't planning on closing their doors next week. So while you're in business, invest in that business and make your business pay off. How do you do that? Expand the roster. A few wrestlers come to mind when I think of people I would like to see in TNA. John Morrison, Chris Masters, Chavo Guererro, David Hart Smith. Think of the dimensions that are brought to your company just by these few wrestlers. I don't know what they're up to but I don't see them in a major wrestling company right now so, they're there for the taking in my eyes. And why not plays for some of ROH's guys right now. What about Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas? And of course, what about Batista? I haven't heard confirmation that Batista is signed back with WWE, But if he's interested in coming back to wrestling, why not make a play for him? Imagine Crimson vs Matt Morgan in a brutal match. Both are tired. Suddenly, Batista comes into the ring and Batista Bombs both of them. Just food for thought.

Improve Production and Match Quality

The last time I blogged about them, I brought up the backstage segments. Do it professionally. And I mean, complete with an interviewer, and professional looking camera work. Not the blatantly 24p hand held bobbing camera with bad sound we constantly get. I also brought up the promos and mic segments. They definitely need to work with the majority of their roster on mic skills. Too often do they talk over each other and fumble with their words. It sounds unscripted and therefore, makes them look and sound second rate. As for the matches, they are worked way too fast. Take it down, just a smidge, and the refs need to do that too. Slow the counts down just a bit. The way the refs work, it leaves no room for dramatic high points in matches, such as the close call 2 1/2 count after a big time move. You can hear it in the crowd, they don't even have time to react. The crowd loves counting along and going "ohhhhhh" or "ahhhhhh" when someone kicks out of a finisher.

These are just a few of the things they could do. More importantly, they differ from what i listed last time I blogged exclusively about them. I'm a fan of TNA and would like to see them succeed. I mentioned WWE is getting stale, and even though they had a few good shows and some high points with The Rock, Brock Lesnar's return, and things, it's just gotten stale for me. I still watch it, but the monotony makes me starve for another show. We had that once and it was tough choosing between shows. They were glory days in every sense of the term. And for those who love WWE now? It would blow your mind how good it would be if there was real competition out there.

Thanks for reading everyone. I'll be posting my second Abdominal Stretch over the weekend, so stay tuned.

Be Safe.

Submit "Has TNA Reached a Point Where They Could Compete?" to Digg Submit "Has TNA Reached a Point Where They Could Compete?" to del.icio.us Submit "Has TNA Reached a Point Where They Could Compete?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Has TNA Reached a Point Where They Could Compete?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I always felt that TNA dropped the ball when they didn't take advantage of touring the old WCW stomping grounds. It could have been a very good fit. The south was more into WCW than it was into WWE back in the day. TNA could have been the replacement. This could have worked imo, especially with a roster of Sting, Booker T, Steiner, Flair, ect. Of course that doesn't mean they would be WCW version 2, but a new replacement promoting the "new generation".
    I'm thinking TNA could re-enter the realm of television syndication with a second programme, rather than another show on Spike or some other cable network.

And, while TNA might not, and might never, get the same kind of viewership as WWE, the fact that they exist forces WWE to try to present a better product. They ARE giving the larger company competition. That's my take on it anyway.
    Good blog DKWS, I don't watch TNA as much but I like when people blog about it so I can see what I missed. I feel their are too many WWE blogs, and not enough TNA ones so i'm glad you chosen to blog about TNA once in a while
    Good blog, but i have a question: dont you think that Universal Studios has some sort of contract with TNA that doesnt allow them to leave? Maybe they want to leave but they just cant. Plus on some PPVs they have left the Impact Zone, so it isnt like they are attached. And i can tell you from experience that when TNA goes on the road at like house shows, their wrestlers and crowds show a lot more heart and energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam
    Good blog, but i have a question: dont you think that Universal Studios has some sort of contract with TNA that doesnt allow them to leave? Maybe they want to leave but they just cant. Plus on some PPVs they have left the Impact Zone, so it isnt like they are attached. And i can tell you from experience that when TNA goes on the road at like house shows, their wrestlers and crowds show a lot more heart and energy.
    They don't technically have a contract together, but TNA rents the soundstage they film the tapings in. if TNA ever wanted to leave the impact zone Universal Studios wouldn't care. They rent those soundstages to anybody

I believe WCW rented one from MGM/Disney studios in the early 90's for their Sautuday Night show before they made Monday Night Nitro
    Updated 04-12-2012 at 12:38 PM by Keith Stone
    I've always maintained that TNA should stick with just being TNA and not trying to be WWE or to compete with them. Or copy them. Or try and provoke them. Or sign their ex-talent.
    If they can't stand on their own merits, then they'll always be just a blip on the screen (generally speaking, i mean).
    Plus Dixie Carter had a meeting with Spike TV yesterday so you never know what they are doing till they announce it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.