View RSS Feed

Dubs

Thoughts on Randy Orton

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Hello my fellow blog readers. It feels great to post my 20th blog here on EWN. My topic today is going to be about Randy Orton, his current state in the WWE, whether a heel turn his good for him or not, his promo skills, and potential feuds I would like to see him in. By the way, if anyone has a comment that has been moderated, let me know and I'll be sure to approve it. Anyways, lets get started!

Randy Orton

Randy Orton, a 3rd generation Superstar, has achieved a great deal of success in the WWE. He is a 9 time World Champion, a 1 time World Tag Team Champion, 1 time Intercontinental Champion, and has even won the WWE 2009 Royal Rumble. Randy Orton made his debut in the WWE back in the year 2002, where the Ruthless Aggression Era began and a time where the WWF changed to the WWE. In 2003, he was in a stable called Evolution where he showed potential of being a great main eventer. He went on to have the most brutal hardcore matches with Mic Foley at Backlash 2004. Not to mention winning his first World Heavyweight Title at Summerslam 2004. I don't understand why he gets flock by most of the IWC posters. Whether you hate him or not, you cannot deny that Randy Orton is one of the most technically gifted athletes of our generation.

Randy Orton's current state in the WWE
Right now, Randy Orton is feuding with Kane. I'm a big fan of both Orton and Kane so I'm happy they they are working a program with one another. I have no idea how people can say that feuding with Kane is a step down for Orton. Kane is one of WWE's top vets and is known to be a great worker so to say that Orton feuding with him is a step down for Orton is simply ridiculous. I really enjoyed their match at Wrestlemania 28. Some people may say it was boring but I beg to differ. It was good for what it was. Although I do wish their match could have been longer than it was.

Should Randy Orton turn heel?
My answer is a big NO. Randy Orton should not turn heel because he is super over with the WWE Universe. He gets loud reactions from the fans and WWE would be crazy to turn him heel if hes over with the fans. Besides, Randy Orton as a heel wouldn't accomplish anything other than stuff he already did in the past. Orton has done everything he could possibly do as a heel whether It'd be taking out legends or kicking babyfaces in the skull. So a heel turn from Orton would be pretty much pointless. Randy Orton is one of WWE's top faces along with John Cena, CM Punk, and also Sheamus so I say let his character be.

Randy Orton's promo skills
Randy Orton's promo skills may not be the best but hes improving. To be honest, even in Randy Orton's "Legend Killer" days, he was never really that strong on the mic. Randy Orton doesn't really need to worry too much about his promo skills anyway. His Viper character lets his action do the talking. I say keep having his promos stay to a minimum, making them short and to the point.

Who I'd like to see Randy Orton feud with
Here are 3 Superstars I would like to see Randy Orton start a feud with:

Curt Hawkins
Being a Curt Hawkins mark, I think he needs a feud with a top credible Superstar and Randy Orton is just the type of Superstar Curt Hawkins could feud with. I feel that this feud will elevate Hawkins more as a strong upper mid-card wrestler. As seen in the past, Randy Orton has no problem starting feuds with mid-card wrestlers to give them a rub like he did for Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes so Curt Hawkins going in a feud with Orton wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Alberto Del Rio
I have been waiting to see Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio in a program with each other. Its about time they have one. I wasn't a huge fan of Del Rio but now, hes starting to grow on me. These two are great works and can have some of the best matches with each other.

Daniel Bryan
Would Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan make a great feud? YES YES YES! Although Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton had some matches with each other, they never really had a feud with one another. Daniel Bryan's heel persona is over with the fans so he'll be a great heel, facing a babyface Randy Orton. We may see this feud happen on Smackdown and I hope we see it quick!

Thanks for reading guys! Let me hear your thoughts!

Submit "Thoughts on Randy Orton" to Digg Submit "Thoughts on Randy Orton" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts on Randy Orton" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts on Randy Orton" to Google

Updated 04-10-2012 at 05:20 PM by Dubs

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I personally can't stand Randy and would rip my hair out if they gave him the title again. With that being said, I can't deny his skills. I would enjoy all of those feuds, and the Hawkins one wouldn't be that bad of an idea if it wasn't for the fact that he isn't exactly a mid-carder. I am however a big Hawkins fan aswell and would love to see him get pushed into more of a mid-card status. Anyway, I digress. Good blog!
    Clearly you are a Randy Orton mark, and there's nothing wrong with that. If Randy Orton was to leave the WWE, the product would not suffer in the least. I'm not really sure anyone besides Orton marks would even notice. Ever since he became the face of Smackdown, the show has been stale. Thankfully, the rise of Daniel Bryan, the returning Christian and main event push of Mark Henry have saved the program.

The single most "dead" match at Wrestlemania was Kane v Orton. The rambunctious crowd in Miami almost sat on their hands during this match. Even the Divas match got a better response. Yes, he is very skilled and the right feud might make him somewhat interesting. However, he has never been a ratings draw. The best promos of his career were back in the early 2000s when he would do the RKO Reports on his shoulder. Since then, he's become the monotone, slow walking Randy Boreton.

I couldn't agree more with sret... another Orton title run is the last thing the WWE or more specifically, the WWE Universe needs.
    i hope hawkins get pushed one day he's talented damn it
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    Clearly you are a Randy Orton mark, and there's nothing wrong with that. If Randy Orton was to leave the WWE, the product would not suffer in the least. I'm not really sure anyone besides Orton marks would even notice. Ever since he became the face of Smackdown, the show has been stale. Thankfully, the rise of Daniel Bryan, the returning Christian and main event push of Mark Henry have saved the program.
    I'm not really a mark for Randy Orton. I'm just indifferent with him. I have to disagree with you about Smackdown being stale ever since he became the face of the WWE. Ever since Randy Orton got drafted to Smackdown, we seen great matches on Smackdown every week.

The single most "dead" match at Wrestlemania was Kane v Orton. The rambunctious crowd in Miami almost sat on their hands during this match. Even the Divas match got a better response. Yes, he is very skilled and the right feud might make him somewhat interesting. However, he has never been a ratings draw. The best promos of his career were back in the early 2000s when he would do the RKO Reports on his shoulder. Since then, he's become the monotone, slow walking Randy Boreton.
    The crowd was dead for about 2-3 minutes of that match but started to pick up afterwords. You do have a point in Randy Orton being a ratings draw but he does connect with the WWE Universe more than any other WWE Superstar.

I couldn't agree more with sret... another Orton title run is the last thing the WWE or more specifically, the WWE Universe needs.
    I don't see nothing wrong with another Randy Orton World Title run. His last World Heavyweight Title run was magnificent, having great matches with Christian.
    I like Orton and in principle he's my favourite WWE wrestler. I like the fluency of his movement and his versatility. He's big/strong enough to do a classic powerbomb (I remember one on Alex Riley) and quick and athletic enough to do quick moves. Orton is one of, or even the single most athletic guys in WWE.

Just focussing on his last few years: Orton vs. HHH was one of the most/only memorable feuds of 2009, his matches with Christian were great, Rhodes had a few nice ones with Randy, the feud with Henry was much better than any of us expected, the best matches Sheamus ever had were with Randy, the IWC was bored (rightfully, don't get me wrong) with both Cena and Orton but their matches were good. Ergo: he's done some great wrestling work in the recent years.

Then the critique: he's not very relevant at the moment. His character is a bit stale, and I think he's doing matches on autopilot. He's a bit complacent. I don't really care about what he's doing right now: maybe it would be good for him to sit a few months out, maybe take some time of, and come back revamped. WWE doesn't need him at the moment.

I dislike the heat Randy get's from the IWC. Every top dog get's it as soon as the current IWC-darling doesn't rise fast enough, and I dislike it every time. Being top dog is earned and I understand that when you get there, you don't just roll over for every fringe favourite that comes your way.

Soit, that's my opinion.
    I know this is you're 20th blog, but you need a bit more practice. I was thinking about doing a blog about Orton, before but I did it about CM Punk instead. I think you should check my at, and see how much effort I put into mine. Lastly I will never book Curt, and Orton in a feud while Curt is a Jobber not Midcarder but Jobber. Anyway a less that decent blog.
    Check my out-http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...-Punk-s-Legacy

That is how you do a blog about a Wrestler, and what he is currently doing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.