View RSS Feed

rhyno535

Top 5 Ironman matches

Rate this Entry
When you watch a wrestling match you look at the technical talent inside the ring. A standard match often takes up to 20 min, but sometimes it can go for an hour.

This time I’m going to rank the top 5 ironman matches. An iron man match is a 30 or 60 min wrestling match with the standard rules for a match. The wrestler who has the most decisions at the end of the match is then the winner. There have been 13 ironman matches and I have tried to watch all the ironman matches but not every second of the match. I’m not going to spoil the ending so take a couple of minutes of your life and watch the highlights of every match if you want.

Nr.5 June 20, 1992 Mobile AL (WCW Beach Blast)
Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Rude

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkt...ast-1992_sport

This feud started in February 1992. After Rude had won the WCW US-Title from Sting, Steamboat challenged Rude for the title at the SuperBrawl 1992. Rude successfully retained the title and the feud could keep on. This rivalry ended at Beach Blast 1992 when Steamboat fought Rude in a 30 min iron man match. I think this match is a little bit underrated and I don’t think many guys have watched it. Rude one of the best heels ever, showed WWF that he really was a top guy who should’ve won the WWF title at that time. This was the first televised ironman match and a classic wrestling match with two very technical wrestlers. I rate this match a 3,5 star out of 5 because this was a good match but maybe better with the title on the line because of the rivalry between them.

Nr.4 May 21, 2000 Louisville KY (WWF Judgment Day)
Triple H vs The Rock for the WWF title /w Shawn Michaels as special guest referee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtcEnqTGqE

This feud really started in 2000 after WrestleMania 16, but had been up and down for a year on. Rock who had lost the title at WM16 thanks to Vince tried to capture it back, which he did at Backlash 2000. For a couple of months they had a good rivalry which did not end at Judgment Day. At this PPV these two fought in a 60min ironman match. The match wasn’t the best technical match I have seen but it was a good match thanks to the crowd reaction both got. I rate this match a 3,5 star out of 5 because the match didn’t live up to my high expectations.

Nr.3 October 23 2005 Orlando FL (TNA Bound for Glory)
AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels for the X-Division title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25FPha3l7FM

This rivalry started in January 2005. These two wrestlers had a very good iron man match at Against all Odds 2005. At that PPV AJ Styles retained the X-division title. The rivalry took a time off for a couple of months but started again in September 2005. One month later at Bound for Glory AJ and Daniels would fight in another ironman match for the X-division title. This match imo was a little better than the first one they had. These two showed that they are the top guys of the TNA and thanks to them they made TNA. This match is one of the best matches I have watched in TNAs history, a very good technical match with very nice spots. I rate this match a 4,5 star out of 5 because of their long feud and their excellent timing with their moves they have together.

Nr.2 September 18 2003 Raleigh NC (WWE Smackdown)
Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle for the WWE title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36D0z9LbF8M

This rivalry started in July 2003 before the Vengeance PPV 2003. Lesnar and Angle fought for about 3 months for the WWE title. The feud would finally end in an ironman match at Smackdown. This is the only ironman match held on Smackdown and arguably one of the best Smackdown matches ever. In this match Lesnar really showed how a good wrestler he is and Angle imo got carried in this match. This match had it all from Kurt Angles moonsault to one of the best endings in a wrestling match. I rate this match a 5 star out of 5 because of the in ring talent and the timing between these two were very good. The only complain I got is that this match should’ve been at a PPV.

And now for the best iron man match and I think you guys know which match it is.

Nr.1 March 31 1996 Anaheim CA (WrestleMania 12)
Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart for the WWF title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K843S7hw0sA

This rivalry started after Shawn Michaels won the Royal Rumble 1996. Michaels put his nr1 contender spot against Owen Hart and won the match, after the match he focused on Bret Harts title. This is the first televised ironman match in the WWE and the best one to. These two wrestlers would put an amazing match and imo one of the best Wrestlemania main events ever. You had two of the best technical wrestlers inside the same ring for more than an hour. I was impressed that the match went to 1-0 which made the fans get into the match more.
I rate this match a perfect 5 star out of 5 because of the in ring talent and the technical moves they delivered. This is a classic wrestling match you need to watch.

Thank you all for reading this and this is my opinion, feel free to share your own one.

Submit "Top 5 Ironman matches" to Digg Submit "Top 5 Ironman matches" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 Ironman matches" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 Ironman matches" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great list. I agree with the whole list and the order. Good job.
    I don't know man, but i always thought that Angle vs Lesnar was better than Bret vs Michaels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerichoholic-NL
    I don't know man, but i always thought that Angle vs Lesnar was better than Bret vs Michaels.
    N0 WAY !! Bret Hart vs HBK is without a doubt, the best Iron Man match ever and set the bar for the rest to follow.
    How can you NOT add Triple H vs Chris Benoit iron man match. I forgot the date, but I know it opened a Monday Night RAW and was one of the best RAWs I had seen in a long long time.
    Just wanted to point out that HHH was champion going into WM2000 not The Rock
    Thanks for reading this and thanks for your opinion.
    To TheBoogeyMan, True it was a good match and I have watched it. I thought about it and either that match or Rock vs HHH and it ended up being Rock - HHH. I felt that the whole Eugene part in the Beniot - HHH match did ruin a little bit of the match.

To Big___Meat, Sry I have seen it and forgot to remove it before posting this on top5.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.