How to Regain a Loyal Fan
by, 04-04-2012 at 03:39 AM (2571 Views)
Well, I have thought this through and decided to re-launch my blog. Everyone gets a mulligan, right? This time I am going to put it into an actual blog format, rather than write a chapter of a book. As my last blog showed, I am a fan of the wrestling industry and have been so since I was young. Much like many of you, I have been witness to multiple “Eras” of the industry. Even though several “eras” in the industry have been horrid, leading to better things once they ended, I am not quite sure if the damage done once this stage in the evolution of the industry will bring back the casual fans that once brought 8+ ratings. Hell, if I consider myself a loyal fan and I am this fed up with the business, I can’t imagine what the fans who came into the industry during the 1997-2002 would think about the past decade.
With that said, I would like to entail what I plan to discuss with these soon to come blogs. I have made a list of the things in which I believe should have great emphasis in order for me to actually watch each and every week as I used to. I also believe these things are essential to bringing in more fans that will stay longer than CM Punk disappeared with the belt. I feel that the following things are critical, not in the sense to make the wrestling business “survive”, but rather make it “thrive” the way it once did.
1. Build superstars of the future; don’t make them overnight
2. Give credit to my Championships
3. Give me something worth coming back to see next week
4. I want to see less “show” and more “action packed event!”
5. Don’t insult my intelligence as a fan
6. Allow me to tell you who/what I like
7. Teach the art of story-telling, not the art of acting
8. Make me feel like I am worth more than just another buck
9. Bring back the juice; selective blood can be your friend
10. Don’t run from the label “wrestling”… Embrace it!
11. IWC shouldn’t be the place where great ideas die
12. Fans determine their own opinions, not the suits
These 12 things are what I will be discussing in the weeks to come. Having been a fan for 20+ years, I believe I can dedicate a minimum of 12 weeks to express my views. In my initial blog, I touched on a few of these, but I believe by reformatting this into an actual “Blog”, I will be covering them once again, the way they deserve. Do I think there are more things that should be on this list? Yes, but these 12 are a good starting point. I am going to cut off here as I feel this is already longer than needed. If you have any comments, thoughts, or feelings towards this, post away and I will reply as I can, but I will reaffirm this final point. This might be only a user blog to some, but at the conclusion of this, I assure you it will feel more like a mission statement.