View RSS Feed

Dubs

Big Show's IC reign: Who I like to see him feud with

Rate this Entry
Hey blog readers. After seeing Wrestlemania 28, I have to say that it was one of the best Wrestlemania shows of all time. Seriously, it was worth the buy but I'll save that for another conversation. Today, I want to talk about Big Show's Intercontinental reign and the wrestlers I would like to see him start feuds with over the Intercontinental title.

Big Show: The Intercontinental Champion

At Wrestlemania 28, Big Show finally had his Wrestlemania moment by defeating Cody Rhodes to become the Intercontinental Champion. I thought it was great putting the belt on Big Show. Show is a great worker and can give the Intercontinental Title some prestige. He has earned it IMO. Some people my not like the decision of taking the title off Cody Rhodes and putting it on Big Show but putting the Intercontinental Title on Big Show is a win/win situation for both Cody Rhodes and Big Show. It means that Cody Rhodes gets drafted to Raw, starting new feuds there, maybe even going after the United States title. It also gives Big Show something to do on Smackdown besides going after the World Heavyweight Title for a change. I'm happy Big Show is our new Intercontinental Champion and hopes he has a wonderful reign.

Now that Big Show is the Intercontinental Champ, its time to talk about some possible feuds I would like to see him in over the Intercontinental Title. Hes currently still feuding with Cody Rhodes but after that, here are the wrestlers I would like to see him feud with:

Hunico

I have to say, I'm really digging Hunico's character. At first, I thought his gimmick was very stereotypical but he has an edge to him which is why I'm a fan of his current character. He is hardly ever on the main shows which is a shame since he has loads of potential of being a great heel. I think a feud between him and Big Show would be great. I'd have him and Camacho attack Big Show until Big Show gives Hunico a shot at the Intercontinental Title. It gives Big Show a reason to destroy Hunico with Hunico using Camacho as help during his matches with Big Show. I can see a heated rivalry between the two.

Jack Swagger

Jack Swagger would be another good choice to feud with Big Show over the Intercontinental Title. Swagger is a great mid-carder and him going for the Intercontinental Title would be a step in the right direction for him. I don't see a point in pushing him as a main event talent. I see nothing wrong with him staying as an upper mid-carder. Not saying that he won't become a main eventer again but I think keeping him as an upper mid-card wrestler is good for now. What I would do is draft him to Smackdown, where he wants to face Big Show to become the Intercontinental Champion for the first time. This results in Big Show accepting Swagger's challenge. Simple.

Drew McIntyre

Drew McIntyre is a great choice to rival against Big Show. McIntyre has all the tools to make a great main eventer but he needs a feud for the Intercontinental Title in order to look credible again. Since getting put in the WWE's doghouse, Drew McIntyre was spending his time wrestling on WWE Superstars. Now he may be wrestling on Smackdown regularly now, he still needs to get back on track and a feud with Big Show will help him do just that. I would have Drew McIntyre attack Big Show, doing what ever it takes to become the Chosen One again. It would work perfectly and I would love to see Drew McIntyre become an Intercontinental Champion again.

Thanks for reading my blog guys! Leave me your thoughts!

Submit "Big Show's IC reign: Who I like to see him feud with" to Digg Submit "Big Show's IC reign: Who I like to see him feud with" to del.icio.us Submit "Big Show's IC reign: Who I like to see him feud with" to StumbleUpon Submit "Big Show's IC reign: Who I like to see him feud with" to Google

Updated 04-08-2012 at 08:05 PM by Dubs

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BTW I like you idea of using McIntyre.
    The best person from you're list who I think would be better to feud with show is Swagger. The rest well....I don't think anyone would care to see those feuds, and it would have a hard job connecting with the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly56
    The best person from you're list who I think would be better to feud with show is Swagger. The rest well....I don't think anyone would care to see those feuds, and it would have a hard job connecting with the crowd.
    The reason I put Hunico and Drew McIntyre up there is to give both guys something to do and to elevate them more. The crowd won't care about them if they aren't getting a strong push as mid-carders.
    I liked that show got his wm moment. But I think he should be in the whc chase and should get 1 last title run before he retires. Im Not counting his 40 sec title reign a few months ago. When is the last time u cna remember show having a worlds champ title run. Whats the point of having the worlds largest athlete and not putting the title on him more. He could have won that title ten times by accedent. WWE killed his characters credibility. They also did the same to Kane (IMO is almost as good as taker)
    Updated 04-09-2012 at 01:31 PM by jjlbuck82
    I've never been a fan of the Big Show, yet his WrestleMania victory was infact LONG overdue. I completely agree with your statement about Show bringing prestige back to the I.C title. I find it suiting that a top card superstar is willing to drop down to mid-card status. Bringing prestige to that title, and having other top card superstars compete for it, does not take anything away from their credibility as "BIG" headliners. The I.C title has had some of the greatest stars of our/past generations carry it with pride. I'm all for having the up and coming talents being pushed. Having Cody Rhodes be pushed as a top card star would be awesome. Yet the names you've listed would be great opponents for Show. Wether, the E' decides to have him drop the title to any of them is another story. I personally have high hopes in seeing other top dominant stars vie for titles such as the U.S/I.C. Decent blog mate,keep it up.
    Genius blog dubs! I completely agree, although someone like Hawkins vs. Big Show would also be GREAT, think of the awesome matches we could have!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.