View RSS Feed

Dubs

Re-booking history: Sean O'Haire

Rate this Entry
Hello blog readers. I hope you guys had a great Easter last Sunday! Today, I want to do a re-booking history scenario. I know I haven't done re-booking history blogs in a while but I'll start doing them more often. A past character I'm going to re-book his none other than Sean O'Haire.

Sean O'Haire

Sean O'Haire's Devils Advocate character was so unique. It was so dark and mysterious. Sean O'Haire's Devils Advocate persona meant that he would urge people to break the law or do something that is unpopular, not politically correct so to speak. It had all of the makings of a great heel, with him getting inside his opponent's head. Once I saw his vignettes and how properly done they were, I thought Sean O'Haire was going to be a huge star. If you haven't seen Sean O'Haire's vignettes, take a look for yourself:
Do you see how awesome that vignette was? He did more vignettes where he touched on other topics and I was eagerly waiting to see his debut happen. I also liked how he would end his vignettes with "I'm not telling anything you don't already know". I thought it was a nice touch to his promos. Although I had high expectations of his run in the WWE, his run in the WWE didn't exactly exceed my expectations. His character never really kicked in to gear like it should have and he we would end up being a lacky for Rowdy Piper as they feuded with Rikishi of all people. He would then become a regular on WWE's Velocity (sound familiar? WWE Superstars and NXT anyone?), get sent back to OVW, then getting released. I don't know why his character never took off. His character had all the potential in the world to work at the time but it never did. Here is how I would have booked Sean O'Haire's Devils Advocate persona. Lets take things step by step shall we!

Firstly, I would have put Sean O'Haire in a feud right off the bat with this man:
Brock F'n Lesnar! Lesnar was the biggest star in the WWE at the time and him feuding with an up and coming Sean O'Hire is what I would have loved to see. I have a lot of steps as to how this feud would have panned out.

Sean O'Haire's debut:
For Sean O'Haire's Smackdown debut, I would have had him pop up in the crowd, wearing a black trench coat, looking at the action going on in the ring. It makes his character even more mysterious. Then, as Brock Lesnar (WWE Champion at the time) would compete, Sean O'Haire then heads to the ring, as he would congratulate Lesnar on his victory by extending his hand to Lesnar with Lesnar snubbing O'Haire, walking off with his WWE Championship as Sean O'Haire smirks. This plants the seeds for a Sean O'Haire/Brock Lesnar encounter in the future.

Sean O'Haire as the weeks go by:
As weeks pass, I would have Sean O'Haire continue to pop up in the crowd, looking at the action. Hes specifically scouting Brock Lesnar because Paul Heyman hired Sean O'Haire to talk some sense into Brock Lesnar and try to turn Lesnar back to the evil monster he once was. At this time, Lesnar turned on Heyman and was without a manager so it would have made sense for Paul Heyman to be included in this storyline. Whether its at a PPV or a Smackdown event, Sean O'Haire would continue to pop up during one of Lesnar's matches.

Vengeance- O'Haire finally ticks off Lesnar
:
At Vengeance, it was Brock Lesnar vs Big Show vs Kurt Angle for the WWE Title. Kurt Angle won the match and became the new WWE Champion. After the match, Brock Lesnar is in a corner, pissed that he lost the WWE Title. I would have had Sean O'Haire suddenly head to the ring from the crowd, where he tries to shake Lesnar's had but Lesnar snaps and gives Sean O'Haire an F-5.

Sean O'Haire's in ring debut against Brock Lesnar:
After getting an F-5 from Brock Lesnar, Sean O'Haire wants a match with Lesnar accepting Sean O'Haire's challenge. I would have Sean O'Haire win that match, making O'Haire look like an ultimate threat to the caliber of Lesnar. Post-match, Sean O'Haire would then pick up a mic and tell Lesnar that he should join O'Haire in dominating the WWE. O'Haire drops the mic, leaving while Lesnar is confused as to what O'Haire offered him.

Sean O'Haire stirs the pot between Kurt Angle and Lesnar:
Sean O'Haire is trying his hardest to get Lesnar to join his alliance but Lesnar refuses to. Since Brock Lesnar still has his rematch claws, hes going to face Kurt Angle for the WWE Title at Summerslam. At this point, Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar are still friends with each other but tensions are rising between the two and Sean O'Haire tries to capitalize on it. Back stage while Lesnar is walking, Sean O'Haire finally appears. He tells Lesnar that Kurt Angle thinks that hes a better wrestler than Lesnar. He then urges Lesnar to turn on Angle by dismantling him in order to get back his WWE Title. Lesnar listens and then walks away with Sean O'Haire having an evil smirk on his face.

Summerslam: Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title:
As Lesnar vs Angle take place, during the match, Paul Heyman and Sean O'Haire pop up in the crowd. They want to see Brock Lesnar finally tear Kurt Angle apart and show no sympathy or else he won't win back his WWE Title. After the match, Kurt Angle retains his WWE Title. Sean O'Haire and Paul Heyman then heads to the ring with Sean O'Haire jumping Kurt Angle from behind. Paul Heyman tries to help Brock Lesnar up and tells Lesnar to go after Kurt Angle. Lesnar finally listens and gives Kurt Angle an F-5. Sean O'Haire brings a chair to the ring and gives it to Lesnar. With the chair, Lesnar bashes Angle with Angle busted open. Brock Lesnar, Sean O'Haire, and Paul Heyman all stand tall as an alliance is formed.

Future:
I would have had Brock Lesnar win the WWE Championship from Kurt Angle two weeks later and injure Kurt Angle. This makes Sean O'Haire, Brock Lesnar, and Paul Heyman reign supreme over the WWE. Kurt Angle returns and starts a feud with Sean O'Haire and that's that.

Thanks for reading guys! Let me know your thoughts!

Submit "Re-booking history: Sean O'Haire" to Digg Submit "Re-booking history: Sean O'Haire" to del.icio.us Submit "Re-booking history: Sean O'Haire" to StumbleUpon Submit "Re-booking history: Sean O'Haire" to Google

Updated 04-09-2012 at 02:56 PM by Dubs

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like this a lot. I think it fits O'Haire's character very nicely and would have been entertaining to see. I was always a big Sean O'Haire fan in WCW and thought he would be huge someday. Oh what could have been...
    Just one more good performer that the WWE messed up with.....Great senerio.
    Have you seen the clip of where Bill demot beats up spanky and Sean O haire steps in, He was a weird dude and could of been huge.I would of had him do Mind games, he had all the potential to be great. Think back to goldust and mankinds mind games they played when they debuted,easily could of made him so much creepier with promos.

He could of convinced brock to take out a opponent he had on smackdown by telling brock something he didnt already know,He could of manipulated Mr mcmahon who at the time was on a powertrip, pre-occupied with Mr america/Hulk hogan not to mention his affair with sable.He could of been THE breakout star of 2003
    Loved the concept/scenario. Actually kept me intrigued. I'd like to add a little something; You've got the potential to have a decent topic to blog about on a consistent basis, "Stars the WWE messed up,and how to re-book them". Either way, enjoyed the blog. Cheers bud.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.