View RSS Feed

kidcontra

Kid Contra's thoughts on WM29's Rumored Top Matches

Rate this Entry
What up...Kid Contra here! Just wanted to share my thoughts on the rumored top 3 matches at next year's Wrestlemania. In case you hadn't heard, here is what's rumored to be the top matches for next year's WM:

WWE Title Match: The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
Steve Austin vs. CM Punk
The Undertaker vs. John Cena

1) WWE Title Match: The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar- Ok so this match is a bad idea for a number of reasons. First off, we have already seen these two wrestle and it was an ok match, but it turned out to be basically a squash match where The Rock looked very weak. It wasn't exactly a match for the ages and that was while both were active competitors in the WWE at their prime. So, why would it be any better 8 years later? Second off, if they did go with this match, why make it for the WWE championship? Shouldn't this be a big enough attraction on it's own merit? Shouldn't the WWE title be on a full time competitor's waist and not one or the other part time wrestler's? I just don't see this being a great match or a great storyline either, because let's face it; Brock Lesnar is not John Cena on the mic. The Rock would eat him alive!

2) Steve Austin vs C.M. Punk- Again I think this is a bad idea for a match and here is why. Unlike The Rock who left for movies or Brock who left to pursue other athletic avenues, SCSA retired due to injury. He has nothing left to prove, so why risk one more match so many years later. Answering all these conversations of who would win a dream match is not a great policy all the time, because sometimes the fun is wondering who would win? And what if SCSA wins, how does this help Punk at all? Knowing Austin, he would lose because he's that kind of guy, but I don't think it does anyone any good to have C.M. Punk beat Austin more than 10yrs removed from his prime. One thing I will say though, the lead up to the match would be absolutely amazing, this much is true.

3) The Undertaker vs John Cena- Of the three matches rumored, this is the one I like the most and makes the most sense, but only one one condition, this has to be Taker's last match! We know Taker is leaving sooner rather than later and why not have him leave by beating the best the company has to offer, or maybe even lose, I'm just putting it out there haha. I think this would be a great build for a match and a great match as well. Cena can have a great program with anyone as he has proven so many times before as can Taker. I do think if Taker is coming back for more than one WM, than have him save Cena for the last WM he is a part of. I think Taker vs Brock or even Taker vs Rock, we know they can have great matches, is the way to go. My money is on Taker vs Brock. Two guys who don't talk much, but could put on a hell of a match. A ground and pound UFC style match, where they just beat the hell out of each other would be great.

Well that's my piece, hope you enjoyed! Until next time friends...peace!

P.S. Please check out my music, I would really appreciate that.
<span style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">

Submit "Kid Contra's thoughts on WM29's Rumored Top Matches" to Digg Submit "Kid Contra's thoughts on WM29's Rumored Top Matches" to del.icio.us Submit "Kid Contra's thoughts on WM29's Rumored Top Matches" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kid Contra's thoughts on WM29's Rumored Top Matches" to Google

Comments

No offense Contra, but I personally would enjoy seeing all three maches. Lesnar vs Rock would be huge, not necassarily wrestling wise, but it would get mad publicity throughout the whole world, and would help attract casual fans as well as non fans who watch UFC. The Punk Austin match would be entertaining and while Austin retired because of injuries, i'm pretty sure he could go at it very well as long as he had someone to protect him, and I think that would be punk. Well written blog, just didn't agree with your points bro

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.