View RSS Feed

knox

The Reason The Rock Beat Cena

Rating: 8 votes, 2.38 average.
Hey guys Knox here, hope all is well as usual. 21st birthday is April 8th on Easter lol just had to plug that again. But yeah guys, you all know I'm not a Rock fan but I'm a huge Cena fan but even I'm happy as hell Cena lost and I have my reasons. Point blank, Cena losing was better for business.

Reason 1: Cena Losing Better for Business
This was indeed better for business and hear me out. I know alot of people say that the top guy losing to a full time actor was a bad move which can be argued but hear me out.

Remember a couple of blogs ago I was discussing how cool it was to talk about wrestling? Back in the Attituder Era people would talk about it all the time.

As many of you know, I'm black, I'm around black people all the time as well as white people. All everyone has been talking about before Wrestlemania was the Rock. Everyone was talking about the Rock. All over twitter, all you see is the Rock. Lol the ghetto girls in the hood I live in are all talking about the Rock. Everyone at work talking about the Rock.

There was a time about 3 months ago and counting where it wasn't cool to talk about wrestling. Hell, I never discuss it with my friends at all. But ever since the Rock deal, man in every class I'm taking this semester in college its been the talk of the class. Hell, my marketing teacher was discussing how brilliant WWE was with the marketing.

My female friends are talking about wrestling and its all because of the Rock. Wrestling is becoming the cool thing to talk about again. I'm no Rock fan at all but I love the guy for making this sport cool again.

I can't tell you in the past 2 weeks how many people have said to me "Yooo I haven't watched wrestling for years but ever since the Rock came back I've watched it every week". You get what I'm saying here. You can't have that man lose if he's the reason all these old school fans are starting to watch again. That's bad for business.

Reason #2: Brings More Heat to Cena
This can also be argued. Many people say if Cena would've beat the Rock in his hometown that would draw the ultimate heat. I can easily agree with that. But I feel like the fact that he loss, he will get even more heat from the older fans just because they can say he let all the kids down.

This loss gives Cena even more heat because now when his music hits, the woman and children aren't as loud for him because many kids do actually believe Cena let them down. This forces the people that boo Cena to make their voices even louder because they have a reason to boo Cena.

Basically, booing Cena if he won would just make the fans look more like haters and make Cena's fan even more proud. But Cena loosing gives his haters the chance to boo even louder to rub the loss in the faces of his fans.

Reason #3: Cena Winning Would've Been Too Predictable
Everyone thought Cena was going to win. Everyone was under the impression that Vince would not let The Rock bury his top guy especially with Rocky going straight back to Hollywood. Also, the fact that Rocky was in his hometown left me to believe that Rock was going to lose. Vince has a history of booking wrestlers to lose big time matches in their hometown.

I was watching the match with my Dad aka the biggest Rocky mark ever. Win the Rock got that pin fall we were shocked as crap. Not too many people expected to see that and as a Cena fan, I actually enjoyed seeing him lose that match because it made it more fun for me because it wasn't expected. So kudos to the WWE.

Conclusion:
Hope you all enjoyed this. Like I said you argue both sides but I feel like the booking of this match was top class and one of the best booked matches I've seen in my life. The transition of Cena trying to steal Rocky's move to ending up in the Rockbottom was sick. Personally I wish the match would've went a little longer but I enjoyed the hell out it.

Thanks guys for reading my blog, be safe and check out my music. Thanks guys a million. Until then.<u><strong>

Submit "The Reason The Rock Beat Cena" to Digg Submit "The Reason The Rock Beat Cena" to del.icio.us Submit "The Reason The Rock Beat Cena" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Reason The Rock Beat Cena" to Google

Updated 04-05-2012 at 02:26 AM by knox

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thank you! someone finally got it right! if rock would of lost all of the old fans who tuned in for the rock prior mania would of stopped watching WWE and now that he won, these fans are going to stay tuned in.
    I think Cena lost because the truth is even many people on here defend by saying he sells merch or he draws people. the truth is that is a gift and the curse. Cena draws but when he's or gets injured they're won't be anybody left. Cena had to lose because he needed to be brought down to earth for bit
    The Rock is just better, there is no other reason behind it :P
    OMG does it really matter why the match is done move on from it
    Also, if The Rock had lost, it wouldn't make any sense for Brock vs. Rock next year.
    lol do u live in southeast dc or something? anyways great blog man
    People just hate Cena more and more no matter what he does, nothing WWE can do to stop it, really.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.