View RSS Feed

The Piper

How Far can WWE go on WM28 Steam

Rate this Entry
On Monday we were treated to one of the best crowd wrestling has ever seen. Speculation has shown that the fans said yes just to support Daniel Bryan over that embarrasing Wrestlemania match with Sheamus, but could that be all?

Over With The Crowd
I read a forum that stated that YES! can become the new WHAT! for the wrestling industry. This could be true in the way that Daniel Bryan is so over with the crowd now that he has his own catchprase catching on with the crowds. At the Miami heat game recently, they also started chanting YES! YES! YES! So this could be Daniel starting to become WWE's new "Guy" that is over with the crowd, but not in an intended way. If that is the case, then the coming weeks could show significant improvement on the crowd and show quality of RAW.

Drunk or Bored Fans
It takes one drunk person chanting YES! for no reason for the whole crowd to join in. But even for a reason such as this, the crowd could get super behind Daniel, or it could be a one time occurance, and everything is back to normal next week, just with an increased amount of YES! signs.

Aggreeing with the Show
Nothing to do with Daniel Bryan, they just like what they see. From 2 Title matches, to Lesnar, to Lord Tensai, to the nonexistant Diva's match, they fans could just be answering "Do you like RAW this week?" with the standard "YES!" which could make WWE open their eyes to what is a good show, and what is a waste of precious time eg. divas match, funkasaurus. This could mean that Daniel Bryan is just a coincidence and the fans just liked the shows contents.

Unexpected love of Daniel Bryan
Not his hometown, not where he lives, not even a face, but the fans just fell in love with him overnight. But it isn't that hard to fall in love with a guy who verbaly abuses his girlfriend and yells an obnoxious catchprase at every given chance (even though we all love it). But if WWE catches on to the new found love, it could fall under really fast. WWE could decide that the crowd needs to hate him and drop the catchphrase, or they could turn him face and make him less annoying, making people stop liking him alltogether.

Simply Saying that they hated the WHC Match at Mania.
We can all agree that the WWE destroyed Daniel at Mania, and the fans know it too, leading to them showing support in growing Daniel as a superstar who deserves more than a (literal) swift boot to the face

Whatever the case, I think it's safe to say: YES! YES! YES! And hope WWE treats us to many years of DANIEL BRYAN! YES!

Submit "How Far can WWE go on WM28 Steam" to Digg Submit "How Far can WWE go on WM28 Steam" to del.icio.us Submit "How Far can WWE go on WM28 Steam" to StumbleUpon Submit "How Far can WWE go on WM28 Steam" to Google

Updated 04-04-2012 at 05:28 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Good post bro. But the chants were started at Axxess the 1st day. I have said it many times the crowed in Miami was not a local crowed it was Wrestling fans from all over the world and we all knew what we wanted and that was for Bryan to retain his belt. Not saying Sheamus doesn't deserve the belt but atleast treat these guys with respect and as i previously noted in a blog i did it was a direct slap in the face to not only Bryan but Sheamus too.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricChampion
    Good post bro. But the chants were started at Axxess the 1st day. I have said it many times the crowed in Miami was not a local crowed it was Wrestling fans from all over the world and we all knew what we wanted and that was for Bryan to retain his belt. Not saying Sheamus doesn't deserve the belt but atleast treat these guys with respect and as i previously noted in a blog i did it was a direct slap in the face to not only Bryan but Sheamus too.
    I'd go even further and say the chants started in Ring of Honor about a month ago - this is big. Theres a good video of bryan after raw on monday with epic crowd support (which you can view here http://thecomplexheel.blogspot.co.uk/). Now that this has been seen on the grandest stage in the world I'm certain it will spread. Glad that He's having that breakout moment!
    If they do turn Bryan face. Their is always a possibility of him becoming stale, and say his so called catch phrase ''Yes''. when ever he is not connecting with the crowd with his promos, and him saying yes is a cheap way to do it. Which can get annoying very fast. What I am trying to say is people look at it this way. WWE are trying to make Bryan a annoying heel, that always saves himself from harm, and this ''yes'' thing is part of his annoying attitude. I bet you if WWE turn Bryan face, and use this ''yes'' thing to get himself over it could flop big time.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.