View RSS Feed

Webnutt

Expectations of WWE: Roster, RAW/SD, and Divisions

Rate this Entry
Morning all! I'm not a regular blogger but I look in from time to time to read the thoughts and opinions of others regarding the world of wrestling, particularly the WWE universe which after Wrestlemania brings me to beg the question what's next? After Monday's Raw which we saw the return of Brock Lesnar, can WWE Creative actually create a interesting storyline? Now with Punk, Show and Sheamus holding all the gold, does it make sense having three face champions? Most of all, with the current talent as a whole what can WWE do to not further ruin an already shaky product?

1) Legends: Yes the fans love The Rock, Taker, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Austin, Jericho, Brock Lesnar etc but though milking these guys makes sense from a financial standpoint, it has to be realized somewhere down the line that the future of the business can't continue to ride on the coat tails of the past.

2) Roster: Now is really the time to start lighting fires under the young talent. Guys like Ziggler, Swagger, Barrett, Ryder, Miz, as well as many others are being thrown around and as a result any momentum they had simply stalls despite the pop/heat they get from the audience

3) Raw/Smackdown: Maybe its time to recombine both brands into one show and make it 3 hours because the talent pool between both shows is already watered down. I would think that would bring more competition and level the playing field

4) Divisions: A real Tag-Team division is needed and not just the pairings of singles competitors. Cruiser weight title anyone? The face of wrestling has changed with wrestlers not being the big body builder types of the 80's. Could a guy for example like Justin Gabriel be believable as World Heavyweight Champ? Anything can be sold but I wouldn't buy it. Also the womens division is simply a wreck. I don't think the fans are even excited by the T-N-A anymore. It's pure filler and not only does it show but no cares to watch.

5) Tyrants: Johnny Ace is no McMahon, neither is Teddy Long. The WWE needs that puppeteer, that person who not only flaunts they are pulling the strings but are manipulating everything and everyone. Vince should come back. he doesn't have to do ring work but his presence just added that extra umph..... Well thanks all for letting me share my two cents. What do you all think? I would love to hear any thoughts and or criticisms.

Submit "Expectations of WWE: Roster, RAW/SD, and Divisions" to Digg Submit "Expectations of WWE: Roster, RAW/SD, and Divisions" to del.icio.us Submit "Expectations of WWE: Roster, RAW/SD, and Divisions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Expectations of WWE: Roster, RAW/SD, and Divisions" to Google

Updated 04-03-2012 at 11:38 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I think your exactly right about Vince needing to be back, he just made everything more interesting just by being there, he made things so interesting he even got the WWE fans to watch a group of male cheerleaders on many occasions. Its not the same with Johnny as the boss i cant take him seriously as this bad guy boss, maybe because punk keeps reminding everyone of how little power he has if laurinaits wants to be closer to the bad guy vince was I think we need to see a punk Laurinaitis feud again with Laurinaitis screwing punk out of the title
    Lensar a legend???
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    Lensar a legend???
    Not a legend in the same sense of the company that I included him in but non the less he's still a major draw who like The Rock will not be back on a full time basis but yet The WWE will try and capitalize on his short return as much as possible
    I don't mean to be mean, but we don't knew Vince his time has come and gone on TV. Now real talk Lesner is not a Legend and never will be. He was top dog in WWE but wanted more, the NFL didn't do that. He tried MMA and to be honest he got beat on most of the time. He could hang with the real fights now he's back in the E? He's not worth it in the long term.
    I like that Vince knows he needs to take a back seat in the whole tyrant thing but he chose a shitty replacement. The biggest part of Vince's appeal was that he was amazing on the mic. Lauranitis can't string a fuckin sentence together and just does not have the voice. If he could talk like Vinny Mac I'd be happy but he just cannot talk the talk..
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault
    I like that Vince knows he needs to take a back seat in the whole tyrant thing but he chose a shitty replacement. The biggest part of Vince's appeal was that he was amazing on the mic. Lauranitis can't string a fuckin sentence together and just does not have the voice. If he could talk like Vinny Mac I'd be happy but he just cannot talk the talk..
    Couldn't agree more bud
    I pretty much agree with everything you said and I really really like the idea of Vince coming back one of the best talkers and could get you excited easily in his promos

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.